Best build for pvp?

mrcjevans

As the topic says What are the best builds for pvp atm? and maybe a rotation?

Arsenal.

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE rail shot.

I prefer Pyrotech build for PvP.. and PVE really, but I found it outshines Arsenal in PvP also. Actually, it outshines it in utility and global damage, but not time-to-kill 1v1 damage. My merc is only 35, btw, so this is based off low bracket warzones. I get top damage and kills in 9.8/10 matches I play with Pyrotech, though.

I'll give you some pros and cons of arsenal:

Arsenal

Pros

- Bigger single target sustained damage

- Better survivability when people get in your face (enhanced knockbacks and 10% dmg reduction)

- You can kill multiple people without overheating.

- Healers are easier to kill thanks to tracer-tracer-tracer-tracer-tracer.instant.railshot.dead

Cons

-You sit there. All the time. You have next to zero mobility, and the only reason you move is because people LOS you or run out of range. LoS is a big issue in Huttball, which I seem to get 8/10 matches. Also, people are always on the move in most of the warzones. Staying in range sometimes requires staying close to the fight instead of on the outskirts because the fight will be on the move.

-Getting close to the fight is suicide. People WILL target you if they see you in the taking-a-dump-tracer-spam-position. It's too obvious and they KNOW you're blasting their team to bits so prepare to have 3 Sith on top of you instantly.

-All of your damage has a cast bar. You ARE going to get interrupted. You will die to melee if you don't make careful use of your CC and knockbacks. However, some Sith are immune to knockbacks when they leap to you. Tough luck.

-Powertechs will grapple you into huttball hazards on a nearly constant basis if they are any good.

If that sounds like your playstyle, go for it. I'm not saying it's not good for PvP because it's actually one of the more annoying things to come across as a non-force user that can't leap at you and knock you off your perch on Huttball.

However, if you want mobility, dependable snare, higher damage overall (Rapid shots is an actual DPS option thanks to Combustible Cylinder, so you never stop shooting) and decent burst (once you get higher level, lower levels not so much. Can't wait for thermal detonator) then go Pyrotech. It allows for more thinking-on-the-move style gameplay instead of trying to churn out an ability rotation for maximum carnage. You'll probably get in more fusion missiles and DFAs for that reason, too, which can break an entire team. I like to think Pyrotech burns down the whole forest, while Arsenal chops down the individual trees.

Edited by GodDamien