Which class is best all around?

BabyFaceRLH

Are you looking at PvP or PvE with that build? Quite a few wasted points if your are looking at PvP.

I'm looking at both, this is mostly a leveling build so far; still at 29. But basically all my points into shield will go away once Bioware comes to their senses and reverses Harpoon and Storm. Then I can go full tactics because that fire pulse looks too nice. And I lve the lower CDs of tactics.

I'm looking at both, this is mostly a leveling build so far; still at 29. But basically all my points into shield will go away once Bioware comes to their senses and reverses Harpoon and Storm. Then I can go full tactics because that fire pulse looks too nice. And I lve the lower CDs of tactics.

As a PvE spec I would go all out shield, I use this Spec for PvE

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801G0GrdorogzZMsbZb.1

That spec with Elara as a healer I can tank pretty much anything on the route to 50.

Your right, for PvP shield spec is a waste of points as your shields / def have such small proc chances. Tactics / Assault are the way to go there.

Edited by Loxion

Both Inquisitor/Consular ACs are the best all around classes. Assassins and shadows require a whole lot more input and finesse though.

since you prefer melee, shadow/assassin should be the way to go. Although you might want to look at marauder/sentinel - they are about the exact opposite to Assassins and shadows though when it comes to playing a big part in a group (in fact they are the least desirable class currently for high end pve). They are also one of the worse solo classes.

Both Inquisitor/Consular ACs are the best all around classes. Assassins and shadows require a whole lot more input and finesse though.

since you prefer melee, shadow/assassin should be the way to go. Although you might want to look at marauder/sentinel - they are about the exact opposite to Assassins and shadows though when it comes to playing a big part in a group (in fact they are the least desirable class currently for high end pve). They are also one of the worse solo classes.

Ive always wondered this Ive never had any probs dealing with maras 1v1, and apparently that is where they excel.... so have I met only bad maras?

when people talk about 1on1 they usually mean duels or getting picked off by a single marauder in a warzone when they are at 50% hp. Probably getting outgeared and outplayed as well.

with all their survival cds up marauders are strong as long as their enemies either lack the cc or the common sense to use that cc and their kiting tools. 5 seconds are all you need to let rebuke and gbtf run out with no effect.

Edited by mufutiz

As a PvE spec I would go all out shield, I use this Spec for PvE

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801G0GrdorogzZMsbZb.1

That spec with Elara as a healer I can tank pretty much anything on the route to 50.

Your right, for PvP shield spec is a waste of points as your shields / def have such small proc chances. Tactics / Assault are the way to go there.

Yeah but I feel incomplete without storm. The Harpoon CD lower is good for two gap closers. Merc comes at range:

Tracer Mis-

Storm

Tracr-

Riot Strike

*Knocks me back*

Tracer Miss-

Harpoon

Tracer Miss-

Riot Strike

Trace-

Cryo grenade

Tr-

Riot strike

*Trollface.jpg*

EDIT: Is energy blast worth picking up? I mean - it does more up front damage than gut, and I think Ion Pulse does as much as Gut. And I'd be spamming gut if I pick it up, so would the higher upfront damage +1 energy cell really do anything? I don't know the animation, but I hear "bending down" to shoot is like a 1-2 second delay? Can someone confirm this?

Edited by Zunayson