FYI: the PvP gear strawman

CrunchyGremlin

strawman argument. Create an issue or counter issue and then point to it as a problem or to rebut a argument. generally the issue is false or cannot be proven.

The argument.

"PvP that is solely a gear grind is bad PvP. "

The strawman.

"You just dont want to do the work to get the gear."

I think the reality is that people do not really care about the gear as long as the PvP content is still enjoyable for everyone.

PvP content being scenarios and PvP world events.

Territory capture with prestige where all levels can participate in without just being fodder.

I agree. I'll often find myself in a warzone working my way up to my 300k damage medal or what have you and I have to remind myself of the objectives every now and then.

Once I've turned my focus back to the objectives in the warzone I almost instantly notice the game being much more enjoyable (noticeably so in Huttball) than farming valor medals or just slaying/turreting out damage. This is, of course, the outcome you would expect.

I don't mind the grind so much at all for ranking up in Valor. But as a 2 time Gladiator in WoW I'm craving some system that lets others shine above the rest/average of the PvP population on one server or another.

Right now that system is based off of whoever grinds the most warzones, whoever plays the most, and how often you can manage to find some Republic players on Ilum to farm and I think it's just unfortunate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.