Help/advice for my marauder? (Rotation, spec, etc)

Spacedoutt

Hi. First of all, I just want to say I'm not making a thread on how weak marauders are, how they need a buff, blah blah blah.

I know that marauders need a higher skill set to play, and thats why I like mine. Plus it looks more bad *** than any of my other characters.

With that being said, I was just wondering if people could provide me with some tips and tricks.

I'm looking forward to PvE, and PvP later on, but for now lets focus on PvE.

At first I tried Carnage, but I hear annihilation and rage were better, and I'm actually thinking of going rage because im not a huge fan of DoTs, but correct me if Annihilation IS better.

And for a rotation, well I tried quite a few things out, but just wondering if any1 has hard facts that could contribute on that part.

Soo yeah, pretty much whoever has advice to help a fellow marauder out, feel free to divulge!

if your asking about PvE with PvP coming later then i assume you are still leveling?

if that is the case then i say go with rage

even w/o force crush you still get guaranteed crits on smash 2-3 times on pulls, (plus the choke buff every minute)

it simply has better aoe for leveling, weaks drop like flies, strongs drop as fast as they do with other specs

for a rotation ... charge > smash > ... fillers ... oblit > smash

the guaranteed crit smashes are the important part, if your on a pull with a couple silvers use your choke before one of your smash combos for the damage boost

use cloak of pain constantly, saber ward when necessary

pvp is a whole different ballgame, when you want to know about that come back and ask again :)

If you want to PvE and are deciding between Annihilation and Rage, Annihilation is much stronger.

We don't have a "rotation" either; definitely not in the case of Annihilation. Marauders use a priority based system due to the inconsistencies of Rage generation (Empowerment - Annihilation and Blood Frenzy - Carnage).

You can check the guide in my sig for an Annihilation spec and the proper rotation/stat set up.

If you want to PvE and are deciding between Annihilation and Rage, Annihilation is much stronger.

We don't have a "rotation" either; definitely not in the case of Annihilation. Marauders use a priority based system due to the inconsistencies of Rage generation (Empowerment - Annihilation and Blood Frenzy - Carnage).

You can check the guide in my sig for an Annihilation spec and the proper rotation/stat set up.

This is absolutely correct. Annihilation was my choice for leveling and for pvp as well and it does very well for me. I never actually tried rage but I know a lot of people have had success with it though. More importantly though, you can't be dependent on a set rotation. I think this is why a lot of people fail with this class. In pve you might be able to get away with it somewhat, but if you want to be successful in pvp you have to be adaptable and willing to change on the go.

Here's a quick tip: after you force leap to a non-leet follow up with a kick to the head. It does great damage and costs no rage. They also share similar cool downs, so if you keep following this pattern you can always follow up leap with kick. Really the only time you shouldn't do this is when you can't b/c the mob is elite or higher.