Master Loot Bug going to be addressed?

As the title says, when is the Master Loot bug going to be addressed Bioware?

I see in 1.1.2 patch notes:

"Players are now able to obtain destined loot from chests when Master Looter is enabled and they are not the Master Looter."

Ok yes that's part of the bug with Master Loot enabled, but that one is easily worked around with a little messing around. But its really nice to see it being fixed and thank you for that.

The major bug still needs addressing tho and by that i mean:

When Master Loot is enabled and you loot and you only receive about a 1/3 of the loot you should.

I think for about 2-3 weeks my guild has been using master loot and only been getting about 4 piece of gear (Mixed gear + Tokens) + 2 crafting recipes.

Then we hear that Master Loot is bugged, so over this last week we changed to Round Robin (Need/Greed) and WOW so much more loot and a whole lot we have been missing because we been using Master Loot and it bugging our received loot.

Round Robin has been giving us something like 4 Items + 4 Tokens (Rakata + Columi) + 4 crafting recipes + 4 crafting mats PER BOSS!

Now this is huge difference in the amount of loot that you should receive and what you do receive using Master Looter option.

So i must ask, are you guys at Bioware aware of this bug? When will you address it and tell your paying customers Master Loot is a bugged system and we should not use it?

Are the developers working on a fix for it? Please hurry a fix for it.

They won't bother fixing loot just like the awesome normal mode auto-distribute system, since everyone really needs 6 of each piece.

Lets hope your wrong and they do fix this. I can kind of see why they made normal's auto loot because they want them puggable and easy entry into raids.

Surprised this post didn't get any more attention tho, is it only my guild that would like to see Master loot be fixed for HM/NM modes?

• 2 weeks later...

Basically same thing happened to my guild last week 2nd week of raiding 16mans. The week before so we left loot on round robin, there was so much loot that I could not read and click need on gear I may have needed before I was able to see all the gear. Then this week we raid with master looter on to stop that, and only 2 pieces of EXOTECH gear and the mount dropped, no crafting mats, nothing else. This being probably a minor bug, is basically *********** up the whole reason people play this game... to get the best gear as fast as possible. The problem there is that is hasnt been fixed overnight, even within 24 hours, or a week? Its a joke.

I am drying out, game has alot of potential if only they would start listening to the community.

Basically same thing happened to my guild last week 2nd week of raiding 16mans. The week before so we left loot on round robin, there was so much loot that I could not read and click need on gear I may have needed before I was able to see all the gear. Then this week we raid with master looter on to stop that, and only 2 pieces of EXOTECH gear and the mount dropped, no crafting mats, nothing else. This being probably a minor bug, is basically *********** up the whole reason people play this game... to get the best gear as fast as possible. The problem there is that is hasnt been fixed overnight, even within 24 hours, or a week? Its a joke.

I am drying out, game has alot of potential if only they would start listening to the community.

Here is a tip: Have everyone turn off auto loot and then have one person right click on the corpse to open it - read out/link the loot. Take your time decide who gets what and then the looter click on the items one at a time for looting - whoever the loot was suppose to go to click need, everyone else click pass.

You have quite sometime to decide who gets what - I don't how long it takes for a corpse to disappear with loot in it but its pretty darn long.

Here is a tip: Have everyone turn off auto loot and then have one person right click on the corpse to open it - read out/link the loot. Take your time decide who gets what and then the looter click on the items one at a time for looting - whoever the loot was suppose to go to click need, everyone else click pass.

You have quite sometime to decide who gets what - I don't how long it takes for a corpse to disappear with loot in it but its pretty darn long.

we tried ffa and everypiece gets rolled on so nobody can ninja. the good part. is that you can have leader loot and only click one at a time. we just had leader call out who could roll on what

Yep, its been some weeks since i post this and Bioware still haven't told their community that there is a problem with Master Loot.

Really poor way to run a game if you ask me. Seems only threads that get over 100 pages that they pay attention to.

Edited by xleonx

Well, I'm willing to spam this thread until this garbage is taken care of. How they are oblivious to this bug is beyond me. Bioware, you continue to amaze me on your lack of priority toward your end-game. Especially when it ****s with your customers loot. Just asking for some nerd rage. Pathetic Customer Service btw.

Well, I'm willing to spam this thread until this garbage is taken care of. How they are oblivious to this bug is beyond me. Bioware, you continue to amaze me on your lack of priority toward your end-game. Especially when it ****s with your customers loot. Just asking for some nerd rage. Pathetic Customer Service btw.

pathetic customers that dont pay attention btw.

any slightly organized guild can work around this and determine who gets what.

one bug that looks easy to fix, can take weeks to find and fix. it could be a random mistype or easily overlooked miscalculation in an algorithm breaking it. this is a fresh mmo, it wont be perfect...but then again neither was the last one you played :rolleyes:

pathetic customers that dont pay attention btw.

any slightly organized guild can work around this and determine who gets what.

one bug that looks easy to fix, can take weeks to find and fix. it could be a random mistype or easily overlooked miscalculation in an algorithm breaking it. this is a fresh mmo, it wont be perfect...but then again neither was the last one you played :rolleyes:

Except that it hasn't taken weeks it has been in the game since release and has not even been acknowledged. This means they have had two whole months to fix this and have not even admitted the bug exists. If you think that is reasonable you have exceptionally low standards I must say.

Edited by jingadingdangdo

Except that it hasn't taken weeks it has been in the game since release and has not even been acknowledged. This means they have had two whole months to fix this and have not even admitted the bug exists. If you think that is reasonable you have exceptionally low standards I must say.

right they DIDNT admit it. do stroll the through the dev tracker for awhile, you might find it.

i'd expect some sort of fix in 1.2 with the asian launch.

and based on your sig, it looks like it wasnt to hard for you to overcome.

right they DIDNT admit it. do stroll the through the dev tracker for awhile, you might find it.

i'd expect some sort of fix in 1.2 with the asian launch.

and based on your sig, it looks like it wasnt to hard for you to overcome.

Right now there are people getting random drops and are still having issues logging in. There is a workaround in this thread just use it. I have several bugs myslef I hate.

Losing my cursor

Having my Ui go unresponsive

Still having shadow issues

Lag in Ilum

Loading times on certain planets

I would rather those be dealt than an issue I can workaround

Edited by Foenixz

Right now there are people getting random drops and are still having issues logging in. There is a workaround in this thread just use it. I have several bugs myslef I hate.

Losing my cursor

Having my Ui go unresponsive

Still having shadow issues

Lag in Ilum

Loading times on certain planets

I would rather those be dealt than an issue I can workaround

i have the same cursor problem (maybe) i've found if i just leave it in the middle as a when i got somewhere that i know will cause it to disappear (ops) i can just click and its back and i know where it is.

and the work around currently provides more loot then master loot, so i'd suggest using it anyway

/signed

My guild had to change the entire looting system from ML to rolling, passing on everything and then deciding DKP and then all the people who won the gear have to come and pick it up one by one.

Otherwise we loose Exotic Craft Materials that drop only when ML isn't on and possibly more items.

I don't need to tell you how many mistakes this can lead to and how much discipline it requires while fixing Mater Looter and making it actually VIABLE could really help here.

If you want to have ML in the game make it usable.

Edited by vandana_

I wonder which master loot fix thread they are going to pick to redirect all user comments into, while locking all the others. So they can more easily ignore us.

There's too many of them and the issue is too important. I just hope they recognize it should be very high on their priority list if not no 1.

I wonder which master loot fix thread they are going to pick to redirect all user comments into, while locking all the others. So they can more easily ignore us.

Good to hear there are more topics being made about this issue, when i first made this there wasn't much on the forums acknowledged this problem.

More made, more chances they will give us a response to this problem.