Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

All the current playable characters are humanoid, speak English (aka Galactic Standard), and can all wear the same equipment. I can understand why all this was done from a technical aspect to make development much easier.

Is there anything being done to make it possible to have a wider variety of playable characters, such as Wookies and Ithorians?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever considered adding pvp aspects involving different type of game play? Pod racing is one thing that would totally rock, however space battles, speeder races/fights, capture the flag, search and rescue, and 32-64 player battles would also be a great addition to the game.

Thanks.

Hey guys. Currently I am having some hesitation leveling alts when I know the legacy system could implement some mechanics to make leveling dramatically easier and/or fun. Would you suggest holding off leveling alts before the system is implemented or will the rewards from the legacy system be more of a vanity affair?

Are you considering ever implementing a gear dye system into the game?

For example global agendas dye system was awesome with two dye slots and an emmisive slot for armor lighting/lighting on weapons.

Im a massive character customisation freak and would love to see dyes implemented into the game :)

Even if it was a crew skill\RL money system.:D

Most crafts are in need of some love. For example Synth Weaving has no real decent end game patterns.

To help the crafts and make people want to take them up, will you be introducing some BoP schematics to the game that makes you unique to those in customisable orange gear changing mods as and when?

To go hand in hand with this, maybe introduce a "starter PvP set" that crafters can make for newbie 50's at PvP?

Edited by lualar

Scoundrel and Operative damage was reduced via the Armor Penetration Reduction and reduction to the from stealth damage skill in patch 1.1.1. Are there any plans to give something back either in form of a damage increase to other skills, or utility skills such as a sprint?

A large number of people on the forums have interpreted previous dev comments about the combat log to mean that when combat logs do (FINALLY) make their appearance, they will be limited to just the player.

Can you confirm/deny this theory and tell us exactly what information will be recorded in the log once they are made available?

Edited by CharagonIGN

When exactly will you be making imperial operatives and smugler scoundrels burst damage more in line of other classes?

because the small nerf you gave thm last patch only made it so that they have to use both the opener and the stun to lock someone down and kill them pretty much in 5 seconds flat.

Edited by Paralassa
suggestion removed

As part of Ranked Warzones, will there be an average ranking given to each player, team or both? And will this be based on sheer gametime (as in W vs L) or an average that will level out based on your skill level and be comparable to other players?

As a player who intends on playing all 8 stories, have you thought of how to expand the main story of each class? I know more flash points will be added and I assume low,mid,high level content / side quests to expand our stories, I would assume maybe a level cap being raised a little but after you save the galaxy at level 50 ( or 60 depending on the cap increase if there is one ) ( as an example ) what is next?

I am hoping to have many more levels of content for each class.