Make Ilum buff faction wide and enabled while mission owned

CrunchyGremlin

Make Ilum buff faction wide and enabled while mission owned

do that and there is something to fight over.

The temporary hour buff encourages trading not combat.

I want the Imps to take the mission sites so i can go back when they are through and get it myself.

when i do take them back they lose nothing. In fact they gain the ability to get the buff again.

It is not designed for combat. its designed for trading.

Add an experience bonus to the buff to encourage more PvP participation.

add to the mission information not just what faction owns the mission but what guild and or player.

Edited by CrunchyGremlin

if the population issue has you down then add an experience buff and make it inverse to the valor buff.

Or...

add a bag buff that makes the losers get better bag results.

Add a logistic concept so all missions must be owned linearly to get the buff.

So if central is not owned the next mission site in line provides no bonus although can still be taken.

Attacker always has the advantage.

The buff only stacks 5 times and it only increases the valor gain from kills / the end of warzones.

Idk the way it is on your server, but this mechanic increases the likely-hood of combat, certainly not "trading".

This isnt pre patch, trading objectives wont do anything for you.

How do you figure?

i lose nothing when i lose the mission.

There is no incentive to protect what i have earned.

so i go and get all 5. i have all the buffs i have incentive to leave Ilum and go WZ.

Yep. Thats definitely a good incentive for max levels to fight over anything there. Especially in 1:5 ratio.

If its server wide if effects all their alts.

but the inverse bonus concept would help the losing side.

make the experience bonus dynamically effected by the current population balance.

Once of the issues with the gear grind with no drop or destroy of said gear is that there is nothing to fight for and therefore nothing to reward people for PvP.

Once they reach top level.

add it to the alts and everyone else and there is something again to fight for.

Edited by CrunchyGremlin

How do you figure?

i lose nothing when i lose the mission.

There is no incentive to protect what i have earned.

so i go and get all 5. i have all the buffs i have incentive to leave Ilum and go WZ.

Talk about wasting the buff.

You can get 10x as much Valor from kills on ilum than you can from 1 warzone in the same amount of time.

Talk about wasting the buff.

You can get 10x as much Valor from kills on ilum than you can from 1 warzone in the same amount of time.

only if there is something to kill or something that is killable.

as the buff is temporary.

But the point is taken. It would be better to stay.

Edited by CrunchyGremlin

only if there is something to kill or something that is killable.

Based on your signature im going to guess you dont have a level 50.

So for you there is no incentive to stay on ilum and you do make a valid point. But that only applies to those who are not 50 and are not capable of fighting on ilum.

Again idk the way it is on your server, but on mine we have constant raid v raid fights pushing each other back and forth taking the objectives.

Each kill on ilum with the objectives is close to 170-200 valor.

The buff when applied to warzones only gives 200 extra at the end.

on my server the 50's are skilled bag farmers.

however you say you go back and forth taking objectives...

Which is trading.

there is no incentive to defend other than to stop them from getting the buff but in reality you want them to get the buff so you can take it back to get the buff and so on.

Maybe that works... doesnt seem to as people complain so bitterly about ilum.

Making the buff server wide does a few things.

It of course benefits everyone.

It lets everyone know there is active PvP going on.

adding name recognition is just for prestige but prestige can be very attractive.

however you say you go back and forth taking objectives...

Which is trading.

No, you misunderstand.

We push the front lines and then get pushed backed.

As we attack and push them back we take objectives, when they get their **** together and push us back they take the objectives.

There is no "trading". There is no deal to not attack each other for the buff.

and again you are right about there not being an incentive, there isnt one for some one who does not stay on ilum to fight.

By the way, im not sure if you know this or not, but there is a second buff you gain that increases your valor gain based on how many objectives you own (Not the Helping the war effort buff), which do change the moment one is taken. So if you are fighting on ilum taking the objectives is a huge incentive.

Based on your signature im going to guess you dont have a level 50.

So for you there is no incentive to stay on ilum and you do make a valid point. But that only applies to those who are not 50 and are not capable of fighting on ilum.

Again idk the way it is on your server, but on mine we have constant raid v raid fights pushing each other back and forth taking the objectives.

Each kill on ilum with the objectives is close to 170-200 valor.

The buff when applied to warzones only gives 200 extra at the end.

There is no incentive for 30's on ilum because there is nothing to fight on illum.

capping mission objectives is kinda nice but the buff doesnt really do anything for me.

I cap on valor so fast in the WZ's its near meaningless.

now if the ilum valor buff wasnt capped it would be more attractive.

an experience bonus however would be nice though.

No, you misunderstand.

As we attack and push them back we take objectives, when they get their **** together and push us back they take the objectives.

There is no "trading". There is no deal to not attack each other for the buff.

and again you are right about there not being an incentive, there isnt one for some one who does not stay on ilum to fight.

By the way, im not sure if you know this or not, but there is a second buff you gain that increases your valor gain based on how many objectives you own (Not the Helping the war effort buff), which do change the moment one is taken. So if you are fighting on ilum taking the objectives is a huge incentive.

maybe it seems that they push you back but the reality is there is no incentive for you to hold the site unless the second buff thing you talk about is true.

I did not see any other buff when i did it.

i just had one and it was on a timer.

maybe it seems that they push you back but the reality is there is no incentive for you to hold the site unless the second buff thing you talk about is true.

I did not see any other buff when i did it.

i just had one and it was on a timer.

Yes, there are 2 buffs.

1 that stacks 5 times from doing the objectives and 1 that stacks depending on how many objectives you own.

The second buff only applies when you are on ilum though

Edited by Gregory-IRL-Bria

Yes, there are 2 buffs.

1 that stacks 5 times from doing the objectives and 1 that stacks depending on how many objectives you own.

weird maybe sub 50's don't get it or... i just didnt see it.

Maybe its not on a timer?

Are you opposed to having Ilum effective the server?

Having an Ilum faction-wide buff is lol because Republic would just never get it on most servers.

And saying that it would create incentive for Republic to go there more is true, but still can't really hold it with a 3:1 faction imbalance.

Edited by savionen

Having an Ilum faction-wide buff is lol because Republic would just never get it on most servers.

And saying that it would create incentive for Republic to go there more is true, but still can't really hold it with a 3:1 faction imbalance.

I agree.

But what about the inverse experience bonus? Meaning if i hold more mission points than you then you get an experience bonus based on how much more i hold.

and/or experience bonus based on population tied in with ilum mission points.

Edited by CrunchyGremlin

No, you misunderstand.

Like the OP, I'm on a server where there's no "front lines" and "pushing back".

There's either 5 Imperials farming the boxes in Central, with 2 Repubs making two attempts to fight them before giving up and quitting, or it's the reverse (fairly faction-balanced server, fortunately).

So the bulk of the time there is spent farming boxes and waiting for a Warzone to pop. The Warzone valor bonus from the Ilum buffs is enough of an incentive to ride out and cap some points if they're not already yours, but hardly enough to get a robust back-and-forth on the front lines going.

Just have to wait til the level 50 population fills out a bit I guess.

Like the OP, I'm on a server where there's no "front lines" and "pushing back".

There's either 5 Imperials farming the boxes in Central, with 2 Repubs making two attempts to fight them before giving up and quitting, or it's the reverse (fairly faction-balanced server, fortunately).

So the bulk of the time there is spent farming boxes and waiting for a Warzone to pop. The Warzone valor bonus from the Ilum buffs is enough of an incentive to ride out and cap some points if they're not already yours, but hardly enough to get a robust back-and-forth on the front lines going.

Just have to wait til the level 50 population fills out a bit I guess.

But what about inverse population based experience bonus.

or benefit to both but more so for the low pop side.

something like a 1 % increase in experience per mission owned + some percentage for the difference in population but no less than 1%.

Yes, there are 2 buffs.

still there are likely enough folks who didnt get the first bonus or it has worn off and want it again and they just back off.

no deal has to be made for this.

its implied.