Guild summit hmmmmm

Badlander

Seems kinda wierd meeting your guildmates in person...

Maybe to some I guess. The guild I'm in I joined back in Dec'02 with Asheron's Call 2. Since then I've met 20+ in person. A good chunk of that was a get-together in Vegas in '04 and then it's mostly been one person here, a couple there kind of thing since. Found 4 or 5 that live local that I've met. A couple more moved to the state a couple years back, about 2hrs from me. They came out to a hockey game (Carolina Hurricanes) last year and are coming back out in three weeks for another game.

Guess it depends on the personality of your guild and the personalities of those you recruit to it.

Seems kinda wierd meeting your guildmates in person...

I went to Blizzcon in 09 with some of my guildies, meeting for the first time after playing together for a few years. Pretty much hit it off like we had been hanging out for decades. Partied every night and had a blast.

Ya you find out that player who you thought was a really hot chick, is a 40 year old fat dude.

You just know a 40yo fat dude is gonna show up wearing Princess Leia's bikini! :eek:

Aside from that I think its cool BW is trying to do some community building events.

Edited by AlphaBraddox

I always get a kick out when people come up with this sort of idea. I know blizzard has tried to do this once and I think as far as I know it was pretty much a flop. It's one thing to have friends online and use voice over IP products to talk to him, but it's a whole other thing to meet him in person. If there's anything that I realize for meeting a few the people that I know from online it's that most of the time people like that are absolutely socially awkward.

I met one guild mate because we lived about 80 miles away from each other and I was out in his neck of the woods anyway we met up for dinner and it was the most awkward moment of my entire life. That's pretty much why I would never go to a guild summit like this.

I hope I am never in a guild that would actually go to something like a "guild summit". The fact that anyone would even consider going to this boggles my mind.

Why? I'd had a guild that had would go to Blizzcon every year and meet each other it was great. I also had a guild with over half its members from New York and we'd all meet up and have guild meets up some of us just spend time now like regular friends.

It's great meeting your guildies because than you'll build really long friendships. I've been playing with some of these people for close to 8 years now.