Artifice 400....now what?

Zaganna

This is no whine or QQ thread. I just need some answer.

I follow the forum discuss while levelling my SI sorc, and i found plenty of points about crafting skill not being usefull.

However, i took corauge and i wanted to test it from my self.

So, now that i'm finally at 400, i have several option of crafting. I have some question/discussion for each category of item...so i can fully understaand which is usefull craft and which not.

The list of craftable item are:

1)Cristal. Actually i didn't found around crafted cristal to buy from vendors. So i thonk my self that these are good to craft and reverse them for the epic version. Am i wronge? rakata/columi Lightsaber have alredy stronger cristal?

2)Hilt.

On ilum, vendor sells even stronger type. No need to waste in these i suppose

3)Enhancement. Ilum doesn't sell them...and there are many kind. Should i invest time for learn/craft them?

4)Off hand item (shielf/generator/focus). I already started reverse some of those. I think that they could become usefull, am i wronge?

5)Rakata relics.

I mean......WOW (no, not that Wow!), can't find them anywhere else than LS/DS vendor...but mine are really more stronger! Defenely I'm gonna craft 2 of them for myself.

It's a shame that they binds on pick and i can't sell them.

6)Light saber.

I have an hard time tring to understaand what i need to do with these. So, are this a Prototype item or a Custom? Can't figure it out....they have an orange names and mods inside, but in the Skill menu, their name color is Blue.

Also, i didn't comparize to Columi/Rakata for understaamd the quality.

But, if i understood the basic of Reverse engegnery, doing a tier 2 item almost brings +40 to two secondady stat..in these case should they get better of Pve gear?

PS:Yeah, i'm looking more on a Pve side than Pvp.

PPS:Many thanks for your answers.

5)Rakata relics.

I mean......WOW (no, not that Wow!), can't find them anywhere else than LS/DS vendor...but mine are really more stronger! Defenely I'm gonna craft 2 of them for myself.

It's a shame that they binds on pick and i can't sell them.

6)Light saber.

I have an hard time tring to understaand what i need to do with these. So, are this a Prototype item or a Custom? Can't figure it out....they have an orange names and mods inside, but in the Skill menu, their name color is Blue.

Craft Relic, and especial Light Sabre the only way in game to get MOST powerfull Relic and Light Sabre in game, couse critical craft of them give you additional augment slot

You pretty much got it. Crafted hilts are useless at max level due to Daily Commendations. Enhancements are granted as quest rewards to some dailies, but Artificers do provide a wider variety. We artificers are the ONLY supplier of Color Crystals - while they can be removed from some end game gear, the more reliable way to get them is from artificing. Off hands are great once RE'd up to artifact quality. The BoP relics are best in slot - especially if you manage a crit for an augment slot. The Lightsabers can be good for new lvl 50s and further if you get augment slot on it; there are better to be found through Flashpoints, Operations and Token Vendors, however. The sabers we make are CUSTOM (orange) and cannot be reverse engineered for an upgrade, but to reiterate, they CAN be critically crafted with an augment slot. Edited by Natarii

Craft Relic, and especial Light Sabre the only way in game to get MOST powerfull Relic and Light Sabre in game, couse critical craft of them give you additional augment slot

Then drop Artiface, Pick up Snythweaver(or armortech if not light) and raise to 400 to craft criited bracers and belt.

Then drop synth and level biochem to 400 and keep it since bio is only craft that requires skill to use what you craft.

Congrats! you are now min/maxed; that is if and until they change it so Artiface 400 required on relics, Synth 400 required for belt/bracers, etc.

Edited by WutsInAName

Then drop Artiface, Pick up Snythweaver(or armortech if not light) and raise to 400 to craft criited bracers and belt.

Then drop synth and level biochem to 400 and keep it since bio is only craft that requires skill to use what you craft.

Disregard this post as the poster has apparently not read the patch notes for what's coming in the very near future.

Disregard this post as the poster has apparently not read the patch notes for what's coming in the very near future.

I have. Biochem is still ONLY profession that requires to skill to use the ll 50 atifact quality items you make.

I agree it is retarded, but that is currently how you 'max'. Others will confirm if you dont believe em, well that your failing not mine.

Edited by WutsInAName

Congrats! you are now min/maxed; that is if and until they change it so Artiface 400 required on relics, Synth 400 required for belt/bracers, etc.

Until 1.1.2, then drop it after you make all your reusables and level Cybertech since it's the only profession with an in-combat benefit that's still profession locked (grenades).

This is all changing with the 1.2 patch (and beyond), so I would not follow this advice. All the "requires biochem 400 to use" stuff is being changed. And the game devs have said all the crafting professions are getting a re-examination in order to make all of them endgame-worthy. They hinted at some of the things they were going to implement (crit crafting on orange recipes having an extra augment slot, etc.) but so far have been relatively vague.

Given the state of flux that crew skills are in right now, I would not recommend ANYONE drop a skill they have leveled to 400 until we have some more information about the changes coming down the pipeline.

Until 1.1.2, then drop it after you make all your reusables and level Cybertech since it's the only profession with an in-combat benefit that's still profession locked (grenades).

Re-usables will STILL be profession locked (good term btw) it is the Exotech (blue quality) that was formerly not tradeable which is no not profession locked and is now tradable.

Yes you would still be better off only to use exotechs, and give up bio/re-usables completly. HOWEVER your costs will go through the roof! one of those exotech stms will sell for about 20k if not more.

Also after 1.1.2 Bio which is IMO the current highest earner(thx to everyone needing 2 implants) will have its earning potential increaded a TON, as everyone and thier grandma will want the exotech stims.

your tradeoff, you run with slightly less stats and reusables and make a killing on the GTN (which means you can use exotech for RAIDS only) or be poor as eff. Your choice.

I am going with door #1, thanks. It is still the smart bet.

Edited by WutsInAName

MithrilSoul gets it.

The reusable items for biochemists will be no stronger than the consumables that anyone will be able to use. The advantage to the biochemist himself is simply that he does not have to continue to purchase these items - he gets no added effect upon their use. This is a fairly common pattern from other games. All other crewskills are being examined, and will be getting unique things added in the near future. There is no reason to jump to the flavor of the month.

BTW: why does someone always feel the need to hijack a legitimate question thread with 'biochem is boss blah blah blah'?

Edited by Natarii

BTW: why does someone always feel the need to hijack a legitimate question thread with 'biochem is boss blah blah blah'?

He wanted to know what to do now that artiface is 400.

This IS what people are doing. So answered his question. My question is why do people come in here who have not tried it and try to advise a course of action?

In either case he IS better off crafting his crits and droppong artiface for synth/armstech. Until all profession items are 'profession locked' you cannot argue this. It is fact.

You have no idea what the original poster's goal for crafting may be. Some people, myself included, are making a very nice proffit off of Artifice-created items, namely Color Crystals and Off-hands. I can honestly say, with hardmode operation experience, that I have never felt the 'need' to be a biochemist for some perceived personal advantage. Flipping crewskills frequently is time-consuming and costly and the benefit gained is not worth the effort or cost to the majority of players. The fact remains, biochem IS changing to reduce the personal advantage the biochemist has currently, and all other crewskills are GAINING unique end-game features. Patience, Young Padawan.

Mid-level blue quality enhancements are also a great money-maker for me. You generally don't get enough extra credits for a purple quality item to cover the cost of the purple quality gem (by cost I also mean what you get by selling it yourself) so I stick with the blues.

Long-winded way of saying I am making 200-300% profit on blue quality enhancements (selling lvl 31 Rage Enhancement 13's for 10k creds, for example.)

MY goal was doing a more in-deep discusse about Artifice since i now reached my first Lvl 50 character, and the 400 on all my 3 skill.

Reading things like "Biochem OP" "Cyber and Bio only usefull stuff since makes consumable",ec. whend i'm lvl 30 and a 100 point for skills....well..i didn't understood much that way...

So....Galileo Galilei's method.

Anyway, thank you for all your answers, i'll think about them.

I just got some other questions.

So i can say for now i understood:

-Cristal => Yeah

-Hilt =>No

-Enhancement => No

-Relic => Yeah

But about Focus? and shield/generator. How much are they good? Until Rakata? Columi?

Custom Lightsaber, let's say i craft them. Than i put inside a purple cristal, Hilt & Enhancement from Ilum, and a good epic mod that i find in the Galactic market (or still ilum).

Are they still a basic item for 50, or they get better? (supposing that the mods i add are more powerfull than those i craft with the Lightsaber instead (Not meaning that they are...i don't know))

Last question. About Earping and Implant. On Ilum they sell the Rakata ones for 200 token each. I went to Galactic Market for see the stat of Crafted ones (Masterpiece), but they didn't convinced me so much...Did I mistaked?

Edited by Zaganna

You have no idea what the original poster's goal for crafting may be. Some people, myself included, are making a very nice proffit off of Artifice-created items, namely Color Crystals and Off-hands. I can honestly say, with hardmode operation experience, that I have never felt the 'need' to be a biochemist for some perceived personal advantage. Flipping crewskills frequently is time-consuming and costly and the benefit gained is not worth the effort or cost to the majority of players. The fact remains, biochem IS changing to reduce the personal advantage the biochemist has currently, and all other crewskills are GAINING unique end-game features. Patience, Young Padawan.

this guys STILL does not get it.

Until ALL professions have thier items profession locked. there is very little incentive and even less reason to keep a skill at 400 after you crafted and crit your BoP items.

That is the bottem line, and until that changes which IS NOT 1.1.2 that fact will remain unchanged.

Also that is nice you can turn a profit on crystals and offhands(which only some players use). As artiface I made jack and blew hundreds of thousand of credits. As biochem I can make implants everyone wants so thats 2 items vs. your 1.5 and after 1.1.2 I will ALSO be able to make a killing selling exotech's

Edited by WutsInAName

While you are still levelling your character, all of the items created through artifice will be useful. I do not recommend going for full purple gear from crafting at low level because of the time and cost involved - you will likely be too high a level to use the item you put so much time into. Blue is easily obtainable and will sustain you all the way up.

At level 50, the most useful items from artificing will be Relic, Crystal, Off-hand (off-hands include the focus, generator and shield), and (to a lesser degree) Enhancement. Do not bother with HILT at max level, as this is more readily obtained from Daily Commendations. The lightsabers are pretty good for new level 50s and you can modify them as you gain better mods. As I stated before, the current situation of 'item-locked' mods in end-game purple drops makes the dropped sabers currently better. Once we are able to remove the hilt from 'dropped' purple sabers, you would be free to place it into your crafted saber which could potentially make your crafted saber better, if it's got an augment slot.

I sell Color Crystals for 30-40K each, the magenta ones go for over 400K. With an augment slot, my off-hands sell for 140K. Artifice is fine as a money-maker and does provide some useful items for personal use. Soon we will have some improved BoE items (other than the current orange sabers) to provide as well.

Edited by Natarii

While you are still levelling your character, all of the items created through artifice will be useful.

Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong!!!

Unless you are REing evey rank to artifact(purple quality), which would just be dumb while levling and leave you broker than broke. The only item that will be useful is the crystal, every other item you can craft will have the equivalent or better on commendation vendors(or as quest reward for offhand) which are easier to obtain in every single case.

I leveld as Artiface this is fact, towards the end(after realizing this myself) I dd not even bother crafting my own hilts, or enhancments, or offhand (cause I was willpower tank).

Anything you said after that first line is irrelevent because it proves you managed to level artiface to 400 and know very little about the skill.

Edited by WutsInAName

This is all changing with the 1.2 patch (and beyond), so I would not follow this advice. All the "requires biochem 400 to use" stuff is being changed. And the game devs have said all the crafting professions are getting a re-examination in order to make all of them endgame-worthy. They hinted at some of the things they were going to implement (crit crafting on orange recipes having an extra augment slot, etc.) but so far have been relatively vague.

Given the state of flux that crew skills are in right now, I would not recommend ANYONE drop a skill they have leveled to 400 until we have some more information about the changes coming down the pipeline.

Yeah, that's almost word for word what they said a month ago.

Total progress made: Another post full of words.

Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong!!!

Unless you are REing evey rank to artifact(purple quality), which would just be dumb while levling and leave you broker than broke. The only item that will be useful is the crystal, every other item you can craft will have the equivalent or better on commendation vendors(or as quest reward for offhand) which are easier to obtain in every single case.

I leveld as Artiface this is fact, towards the end(after realizing this myself) I dd not even bother crafting my own hilts, or enhancments, or offhand (cause I was willpower tank).

Anything you said after that first line is irrelevent because it proves you managed to level artiface to 400 and know very little about the skill.

In its defense, it's a good play. I made blue hilts with Artifice every 2 levels and blue enhancements every 4. That freed up my commendations to buy Plating/Mods for my 4 pieces of orange armor. I never would have had enough commendations for both.

Edited by McVade

In its defense, it's a good play. I made blue hilts with Artifice every 2 levels and blue enhancements every 4. That freed up my commendations to buy Plating/Mods for my 4 pieces of orange armor. I never would have had enough commendations for both.

If you did your daily FP and daily heroics (which lets be honest is far easier than crafting and re'ing) you would have, i did.

I always upgrades to the '2nd' on each planet eg) Taris had 14 & 15 I would buy the 15, then on Hoth(yea i skipped quesh mostly) it would have say 16 & 17, I would buy the 17's. Not once did I ever not have enough comms infact on many of the planets I had leftovers. This was after doing ALL my gear and my primary compaions weapon chest and legs. Not to mention that some of those planets quests actually gave you the mod as a reward, so made it even eaiser to go this route.

*All my moddable gear included chest/legs/helm/boots/weapon/wrist(thx to finding saber marshal wrist) while leveling

Edited by WutsInAName

In either case he IS better off crafting his crits and droppong artiface for synth/armstech. Until all profession items are 'profession locked' you cannot argue this. It is fact.

It's not fact, it's ADD nonsense. The game has been out a month and a half. More tiers of content, gear and schematics will be introduced through patches, updates and (?) expansions throughout the life of the game.

If you did your daily FP and daily heroics (which lets be honest is far easier than crafting and re'ing) you would have, i did.

I always upgrades to the '2nd' on each planet eg) Taris had 14 & 15 I would buy the 15, then on Hoth(yea i skipped quesh mostly) it would have say 16 & 17, I would buy the 17's. Not once did I ever not have enough comms infact on many of the planets I had leftovers. This was after doing ALL my gear and my primary compaions weapon chest and legs.

*All my moddable gear included chest/legs/helm/boots/weapon/wrist(thx to finding saber marshal wrist) while leveling

Ah okay. I didn't do those. I just stuck to the single player quests on my main. When I was leveling, by the time I was in the 38-50 range, I think there were 4-5 people in the zone.

It's not fact, it's ADD nonsense. The game has been out a month and a half. More tiers of content, gear and schematics will be introduced through patches, updates and (?) expansions throughout the life of the game.

So?

One day the sun will super nova and destroy planet earth .. whats the relevance.

Do you normally live your life on if's and maybes?

Or as Qui-gon said:

"Be mindful of the future but not at the expense of the present"

PS also it IS fact, to not ackowledge that is ignorance, You have all the info right infront of you but refuse to see it for what it is, that is ignorance my friend.

Edited by WutsInAName

this right here. why go through all that other trouble when things change anyways. I guess thats the mentality of a min/maxer but just seems dumb

Obviously Watsinaname and I disagree on alot of points. That's fine, everyone's entitled to his opinion.

I levelled as artifice all the way up, and used mostly orange gear. I was able to keep my own gear very current with blue quality Crystal/Hilt/Enhancement and only needed to purchase the MOD and Armoring slots at any given level. You need to be judicious with the patterns that you learn, because it can get costly. You do NOT need purple mods to be competitive while levelling - blue mods will be equal to or better than anything you find at the same level. The system does work, despite having some frustrating idiosyncracies with obtaining higher level patterns.