The real truth about faction imbalance (and is Republic rly that hugely impopular?)

dyves

The server status says 'Heavy' so I'm guessing the ingame player numbers is 2000-3000, and what you sum up here is purely the L50's.

I did notice that in a number of cases the Empire players were a) more PvP active than the Republic players, and b) also faster levelers and had more L50's in comparison, like Gradnmaster Zym where the Empire had 50% more L50's, but the overall population was only 30% more than the Republic faction.

Definitely not always, but sure, enough times that they were.

Well, you can always interpret numbers anyway you like it. If i´d count all players and the ratio should stay the same, someone will probably say that this is because it´s a friday and since the empire are more hardcore they spend friday night playing while republic players spend their time with their families or partying.

And i don´t get why people say that the republic players twink more while at the same time everyone says that the republic stories are so boring and the empire storylines are so much better.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vulkar highway

if at any point you can find even half the number of republics i'll buy a year subscription

I am in high end guilds on both sides. Other than the 2 pvp dailies though, I do everything on my imperial guy, because the game is just not very fun on my republic guy. Republic holds its own in wzs, but the last week or so it seems the number of people pvping are lowering to the point warzones start 5 v 8 a lot of the time, so given that kind of imbalance I am pretty sure I am just going to ditch the republic toon and play huttball 80% of the time. I mean at least, then its 8 on 8.

Alright, this is what I found 16h40 EST:

Vulkar Highway

Republic: 300 players logged in, 60 L50 players, 48 in Fleet

Empire: 630 players logged in, 200 L60 players, 95 in Fleet

Fleet numbers changed continuously and drastically, 1st time I do a count I get over 100, 2nd time when I try to do a more filtered search to stay under 100 for Empire Fleet, I get like 80-85, 3rd time only a couple of min after the 1st try I get 95 in the 'who' tab count.

But looking at those numbers,

Republic vs Empire:

overall logged in population: a 1 to 2.1 ratio

L50 players of both factions: a 1 to 3.3 ratio

Fleet (varies wildly and quickly): a 1 to 2 ratio

It's obvious that certain players will quicklier chose for Empire faction especially when it comes to PvP (zerg mentality ftw! :cool:)

However, Republic population should be no problem on well populated servers to do any kind of stuff, and has the advantage that on PvP servers there's more of a challenge to it and that you see more types of Warzones :D

Well, you can always interpret numbers anyway you like it. If i´d count all players and the ratio should stay the same, someone will probably say that this is because it´s a friday and since the empire are more hardcore they spend friday night playing while republic players spend their time with their families or partying.

? The only thing I was pointing toward was that the L50 numbers aren't always representative for the overall population, and to give possible explanations why some people might feel that the faction imbalance is way larger than the actual ingame player numbers would indicate for their server.

Edited by dyves

Alright, this is what I found 16h40 EST:

Vulkar Highway

Republic: 300 players logged in, 60 L50 players, 48 in Fleet

Empire: 630 players logged in, 200 L60 players, 95 in Fleet

Fleet numbers changed continuously and drastically, 1st time I do a count I get over 100, 2nd time when I try to do a more filtered search to stay under 100 for Empire Fleet, I get like 80-85, 3rd time only a couple of min after the 1st try I get 95 in the 'who' tab count.

But looking at those numbers,

Republic vs Empire:

overall logged in population: a 1 to 2.1 ratio

L50 players of both factions: a 1 to 3.3 ratio

Fleet (varies wildly and quickly): a 1 to 2 ratio

It's obvious that certain players will quicklier chose for Empire faction especially when it comes to PvP.

However, Republic population should be no problem on well populated servers to do any kind of stuff, and has the advantage that on PvP servers there's more of a challenge to it and that you see more types of Warzones :D

so then I think compared to the OP, where all the 10 servers were 1 to 1 ratio, then we should be able to agree that I do have a valid point of complaint for my server

Look I don't know for certain that all servers are imbalanced, and it is good to know that some good ones are out there, but people are also trying to sweep the ones like mine under the rug, or calling us over exaggerating whiners, when that is not the truth.

I'm okay with people defending this game, but some are doing it blindly and that will not help the devs figure out what the issues are going forward.

You don't need faction balance. What is needed is whomever faction has the fewest players in open world pvp, that faction gets elite NPC's that spawn and will even factions. Every time an actual player joins the lower faction a NPC will disappear, to keep things evened out.

It doesn't matter if you have 3 imps and 1 repub or whatever the odds. As soon as an attack happens the NPC's spawn, helping out. Problem solved.

You don't need faction balance. What is needed is whomever faction has the fewest players in open world pvp, that faction gets elite NPC's that spawn and will even factions. Every time an actual player joins the lower faction a NPC will disappear, to keep things evened out.

It doesn't matter if you have 3 imps and 1 repub or whatever the odds. As soon as an attack happens the NPC's spawn, helping out. Problem solved.

My specific problem is that since there are wayyyy more imps queuing up, we often start 6 vs 8 on republic side in WZs. Then we get 2 people coming in a few minutes later when they already have a big lead. That's my only problem with faction imbalance ... that for at least half the WZs we are screwed from the start.

My specific problem is that since there are wayyyy more imps queuing up, we often start 6 vs 8 on republic side in WZs. Then we get 2 people coming in a few minutes later when they already have a big lead. That's my only problem with faction imbalance ... that for at least half the WZs we are screwed from the start.

I figured all the moaning about faction imbalance had to do with Illum and open world pvp, not instanced WZ's. I guess i never felt like those were a problem.

so then I think compared to the OP, where all the 10 servers were 1 to 1 ratio, then we should be able to agree that I do have a valid point of complaint for my server

Look I don't know for certain that all servers are imbalanced, and it is good to know that some good ones are out there, but people are also trying to sweep the ones like mine under the rug, or calling us over exaggerating whiners, when that is not the truth.

I'm okay with people defending this game, but some are doing it blindly and that will not help the devs figure out what the issues are going forward.

If you actually paid close attention to the OP instead of a quick glance, you would have noticed that the ratio differed from 1.2 to 1 in favor of Republic side to 1 to 2.1 in favor of Empire side.

In fact, I think it was a fairly good random pick of servers in what it showcased and what could be learnt from it.

And yes, when some posters are stating things like 'faction imbalance 4-5 Empire players for each Republic player!' and 'huge Empire-Republic gap on ALL servers', then yes, I don't see why that couldn't be considered whining or overexaggerating to the point of lying.

People should stick to the facts, there's enough left to make a case without the need of ignoring the data available.

Edited by dyves

If you actually paid honest attention to the OP instead of a quick glance, you would have noticed that the ratio differed from 1.2 to 1 in favor of Republic side to 1 to 2.1 in favor of Empire side.

In fact, I think it was a fairly good random pick of servers in what it showcased and what could be learnt from it.

And yes, when some posters are stating things like 'faction imbalance 4-5 Empire players for each Republic player!' and 'huge Empire-Republic gap on ALL servers', then yes, I don't see why that couldn't be considered whining or overexaggerating to the point of lying.

People should stick to the facts, there's enough left to make a case without the need of ignoring the data available.

if my server is 3.3 to 1 I would say that is quite different from the OP, and would give me cause to voice my disagreement based on my personal experience no?

if my server is 3.3 to 1 I would say that is quite different from the OP, and would give me cause to voice my disagreement based on my personal experience no?

Your server is 1 to 2.1 ratio difference based on overall population, where all these ratios in the OP refer to too: overall population.

Also, you said that 'all the servers in the OP show a 1 to 1 ratio', a blatant lie, which means you either didn't care to look at the OP, or you're also 1 of those people who has the need to whine and exaggerate to make their case, the same kind of ppl yelling 'HUGE faction imbalance on ALL servers!', and 'Empire has 4-5 times more players than Republic EVERYWHERE!', that kind of hyperboles.

I didn't discard that you might feel the difference between the factions is too large to your taste on your server, what I did was just adding solid data to the discussion, pls stick to what the data says instead of merely picking 1 or 2 parts out of it only to use them for exaggerations and lying.

Edited by dyves

The population of Empire to Republic is irrelevant.

The actively pvping population is whats relevant and unless you plan on posting these figures, then this entire thread is flawed and a waste of time.

Who cares if the general player numbers are equal if one faction only 5% of the population pvp compared to 90% on the other.

But if it's really that, say 20 % of the Imperials Pvp but only 5 % of the Republic, what can be done about it? Should the Republic side get some kind of PvP advantage so more people roll Republic to go PvP?

Or do the PvPers themselves just have to accept rolling some Republic characters to balance the numbers on their own?

? The only thing I was pointing toward was that the L50 numbers aren't always representative for the overall population, and to give possible explanations why some people might feel that the faction imbalance is way larger than the actual ingame player numbers would indicate for their server.

If i may ask, how do you count all players ? A /who of every zone ? Is there a list of all zones somewhere ?