The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Inf Shadow PVP makes me sad.

Jesmcalli

I really dont get you all ppl that get on the defensive, anything i write here doesnt change your gameplay or how much you enjoy your shadow so why so defensive?

And no i m not an inf hater, i m someone that thinks they need some loving, dont see how that could possibly be a bad thing for you.

If you think they dont, its not because you re so good but because a) you tend to remember only the times that you pwn not so skilled/geared opponents or b)you havent played vs skilled/geared opponents. Maybe you dont even mind being 2nd (if not worse) best at what you should be doing.

I dont think inf damage is crap or inf is crap , but i do think he needs some loving.

I d like to see you vs a geared operative and not even with him getting the openner , cause if he gets it gl winning :p

well said. its about constructive feedbacks not about hating. inf tree is about dps and pvp, if it doesnt have a level playing field compared to other dps and pvp trees then there is no balance.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont get you all ppl that get on the defensive, anything i write here doesnt change your gameplay or how much you enjoy your shadow so why so defensive?

And no i m not an inf hater, i m someone that thinks they need some loving, dont see how that could possibly be a bad thing for you.

If you think they dont, its not because you re so good but because a) you tend to remember only the times that you pwn not so skilled/geared opponents or b)you havent played vs skilled/geared opponents. Maybe you dont even mind being 2nd (if not worse) best at what you should be doing.

I dont think inf damage is crap or inf is crap , but i do think he needs some loving.

I d like to see you vs a geared operative and not even with him getting the openner , cause if he gets it gl winning :p

Maybe that's because everything you write is grossly exaggerated and extremely close-minded.

I went through the same thing a month ago when everyone was CONVINCED Sentinels were the WORST class in the game. I made youtube video after video demonstrating how they were very good, and people like you were there to say: "Oh, you're just fighting undergeared opponents who are bad blah blah blah."

Funny how now they are the very class you're crying about the most.

Maybe that's because everything you write is grossly exaggerated and extremely close-minded.

I went through the same thing a month ago when everyone was CONVINCED Sentinels were the WORST class in the game. I made youtube video after video demonstrating how they were very good, and people like you were there to say: "Oh, you're just fighting undergeared opponents who are bad blah blah blah."

Funny how now they are the very class you're crying about the most.

Your post makes clear that you must have read another persons posts and not mine, i never said we re crap , i m not exaggerating in anything, and the class i "cry" the most about would be operatives, so you totaly fail at what seems an atempt at flaming...

if the best burst class was also teh best overall damage class... that woudl be super OP lol. abd we are pretty close but a good commando sage or tank/dot specced shadow can out dps up.

There DPS is much les bursty so healers can turn it into uneffective damage very easily, while ours on the correct target will ensure a kill automaticly. it can take 30k dmg to kill a target or it can take 16k damage, the first kill grants shiny stats but is much less effective.

also we counter opertives really hard if you dont do well against them then you use resiliance wrong. if you resil their backstab then they are completly toast and i mean THEY ARE OVER. thats kind of difficult to do somtimes but you can still resil through their next few spells.

Your post makes clear that you must have read another persons posts and not mine, i never said we re crap , i m not exaggerating in anything, and the class i "cry" the most about would be operatives, so you totaly fail at what seems an atempt at flaming...

lol, no, sorry, I've read more of your mindless posts than I care to remember honestly, it's all just unfounded whining. Please don't act like you've made one credible argument, you really haven't.

You made me laugh, thanks

10-16k burst? around 12k on what ? a fresh 50 with LOTS of LUCK?

16k NO WAYYYY what did you do 6k project with the proc another 3k and what then 7k breach? hahahahaha keep dreaming...

5.2k crits again on fresh 50s i guess, ok the class is working great vs ungeared cloth , great.

2x stuns? 1 on 1 min cd whats the other? dont tell me low slash hahaha learn to ability, low slush is not a stun , if you hit the target it goes away, thats a disable at best not a STUN ok?

AoE knockback , if you re not in say huttball that you can throw ppl from a ledge theres nothing great in it, doesnt knockthat far away,no slow,no nothing, the AoE blind OPs get is a lot better most of the times.

AoE taunt ok good...

Survivability = Force speed/Resilience/Force cloack, REALLY and you think thats enough? so you have to have ready 3 abilities that 2 of them are some times needed to get a kill and if you have used them your great *sarcasm* survivability of yours is gonne...

Yes great master we re doing it all wrong and ofc you re doing it right, what a joke...

Your post is FULL OF EXAGGERATIONS and you have no idea what this class can and cannot do , play vs some good geared marauders,juggernauts,OPs,Any tanking class and they ll show you what its all about.

Just one example of your unmitigated crying. I could bring up several others but I'm not really gonna waste time arguing with someone who sounds like a child who's toy fell out of the pram.

Just one example of your unmitigated crying. I could bring up several others but I'm not really gonna waste time arguing with someone who sounds like a child who's toy fell out of the pram.

i like this guy he makes me lauph.

my favorite part of the pst you quote is how he denounces lowslash as being usefull while against mainy targets it is just as useful as force stun just to simply get auto backstabs.

**** makes me giggle like a school girl.

You both need to start reading better, i m just answering to someone that made some exaggerations, for the low slash i never say its useless i just point out that its not a stun but an incapacitate, but you need reading skills for that.

Keep atacking me without actually reading or understanding what i wrote, also show me the parts i cry about marauders, i only said its a hard battle to win which is the truth unless you re fighting ungeared or unskilled ones.

Cubertt i m glad i make you laugh, anything for the community, but i d prefer if i could make you understand what you re reading.

As i said when ppl read about their class something other than the class being just perfect they start getting defensive like its their personal pride thats being attacked...

You both need to start reading better, i m just answering to someone that made some exaggerations, for the low slash i never say its useless i just point out that its not a stun but an incapacitate, but you need reading skills for that.

Keep atacking me without actually reading or understanding what i wrote, also show me the parts i cry about marauders, i only said its a hard battle to win which is the truth unless you re fighting ungeared or unskilled ones.

Cubertt i m glad i make you laugh, anything for the community, but i d prefer if i could make you understand what you re reading.

As i said when ppl read about their class something other than the class being just perfect they start getting defensive like its their personal pride thats being attacked...

thats funny because your psts are the ones that seem defensive, like your personal pride is being attacked.

and we kind of do have 2 stuns, well 1 stun and a knockdown. thats still 6 seconds of someone not able to do anything.

its funny bc you deny that we have two stuns (which we kind of do )and then mention one of our greatest tools to buff your argument, an argument that is just plain wrong lol. we have 2 stuns if you consider knockdowns stuns, they technicaly arnt but they do the same thing and you not even relizing that thats what the dude was talking about shows how nub you are lol.

thats funny because your psts are the ones that seem defensive, like your personal pride is being attacked.

and we kind of do have 2 stuns, well 1 stun and a knockdown. thats still 6 seconds of someone not able to do anything.

its funny bc you deny that we have two stuns (which we kind of do )and then mention one of our greatest tools to buff your argument, an argument that is just plain wrong lol. we have 2 stuns if you consider knockdowns stuns, they technicaly arnt but they do the same thing and you not even relizing that thats what the dude was talking about shows how nub you are lol.

i m just stating my pvp experiences and correcting others ppls exxagerations, dont know where did you see me being defensive like my pride was hurt, my pride was never hurt (like i would care about pride in a game , get real).

Most times i do just fine as inf shadow but that has nothing to do with my posts, in which i talked about some bloated numbers and inaccurate statmens as the ones you re making now about low slash, i just argued that low slash was a stun , ITS NOT A STUN. ok? it might look to you like a stun or even as you said even the knochback might look like a stun but its NOT, thats why they re called incapacitate and knockback, learn to read.

You re in a lala land and need to get serious, what kind of argument is that its not a stun but its like a stun , it is or isnt one, period, oh and our knockback doesnt mean that everyone isnt able to do anything (that one made me laugh).

When he said we have 2 stuns it was a mistake of his , we dont have 2 stuns , we have 1 stun and an incapacitate, and no, because you want it to be one or you feel it like one it doesnt make it one, not by a long shot, so i d say in that regard i showed him how wrong his statment was, to bad for you if you cant see that (even he had to agree it wasnt a stun but dismissed it as being semantics).

Maybe i should write about other classes, and start categorizing skills as i see fit :p.

Oh and as for you , you dont even seem to have a shadow (only see vids fo your sentinel on your channel) so why did you get so annoyed by my posts? i barely mention sentinels there, did some shadow made you feel that bad that when you show a post saying they need some changes you got enraged? Seriously...

I really like my Inf Shadow in PvP. I have a lot of fun playing it and have a lot of success too, typically finishing at or near the top of the board on my side in terms of kills, damage, and objective points.

However, I have no illusions of the spec being stronger than it actually is. There's at least a half dozen other popular PvP specs out there that blow Infiltration out of the water in terms of overall PvP effectiveness when in the hands of a skilled and geared player. One of the easiest ways to see this is to instead view it in terms of how hard it is to cope with Infiltration/Deception players on opposing teams compared to other specs. Generally speaking, they are pretty far down the list of trouble-makers outside of just the threat of stealthing objectives and knowing where they are on the battlefield.

The comparison that stands out the most is with Ops/Scrappers just because they offer the same type of playstyle and utility. Sometimes I'm amazed at how much more dangerous they are with a good player behind them.

also we counter opertives really hard if you dont do well against them then you use resiliance wrong. if you resil their backstab then they are completly toast and i mean THEY ARE OVER. thats kind of difficult to do somtimes but you can still resil through their next few spells.

I'm not sure where you could get the idea that Infiltration counters Ops other than from fighting bad one-trick-pony Ops.

Against a good Op, IF you deny their opener and have 1 min Resilience available and manage to time immuning their first Backstab (back up in 9s) you're pretty much just on equal footing from there if they are actually good. That's an awful lot of out-skilling them just to have a fair fight. You also likely have no combat escape without Resilience to go with Cloak, either.

I'm not sure where you could get the idea that Infiltration counters Ops other than from fighting bad one-trick-pony Ops.

Against a good Op, IF you deny their opener and have 1 min Resilience available and manage to time immuning their first Backstab (back up in 9s) you're pretty much just on equal footing from there if they are actually good. That's an awful lot of out-skilling them just to have a fair fight. You also likely have no combat escape without Resilience to go with Cloak, either.

perhaps it is you that are the one trick shadow, we have much better CC then them stuns, knockdown, knockback, also our 2 most dmging spells ahve 10 yrd range. with using all ur tools we counter OPS pretty easily, at least in my experiances.

perhaps it is you that are the one trick shadow, we have much better CC then them stuns, knockdown, knockback, also our 2 most dmging spells ahve 10 yrd range. with using all ur tools we counter OPS pretty easily, at least in my experiances.

I use everything I have if it's not on cooldown. Against bad Ops, yeah...I chew them up. But against a good Op that dumps out their entire toolbag as well, they are able to keep up just fine.

We both run around snared and trading CC's and damage. We can't just kite them for any more than brief moments because setting up Project and Breach require being in melee. They can even time Evasion for Low Slash and other big hitters just like we try to do with Resilience. Their toolkit is very comparable to ours and it's not like they just let us beat them down. Landing a Project/Breach combo with Potency up doesn't even take us halfway to victory, and landing that is pretty much our best chance of winning after successfully denying their opener...which they can potentially combat stealth and get anyway after already forcing us to burn Resilience.

The biggest difference between us is that their stealth opener wrecks face and carries to easy kills while ours is little more than cosmetic and hopefully flusters a bad player.

Oh and as for you , you dont even seem to have a shadow (only see vids fo your sentinel on your channel) so why did you get so annoyed by my posts? i barely mention sentinels there, did some shadow made you feel that bad that when you show a post saying they need some changes you got enraged? Seriously...

Just because I only made videos on my Sentinel, doesn't mean I don't have a Shadow there skip.

Why did I get so annoyed by your posts? Read them. They're ignorant, childish, and whiny. Who WOULDN'T be annoyed by your posts?

"A post saying they need some changes" - No, just no. Read the last post I quoted of yours. You're crying like an angst filled teen virgin. It wasn't calm, it wasn't rational, it wasn't well-thought out. It was just whiny and annoying.

I don't know how else to make it clear to you. But really, give it a rest, and go outside.

Look, we enjoy our Infiltration Shadows. Many of us do just fine. If you don't do well with Infiltration, that's okay. Go play a Kinetic, or roll a different class. But don't come saying that Infiltration Shadows are crap.

This all depends on your natural play style. Each of us naturally likes to play different ways. For example, I'm a melee skirmisher who relies on lots of control and mobility, and prefers fast damage over slow fights with high defenses. With +15% in-combat run speed, a 50% slow, and Low Slash (which is an incredible skill), as well as stealth and Force Speed, Shadow fits me perfectly. It's exactly how I like to play.

However, I've tried playing a Sage a few times. I sucked at it. It's just so far from my play style to have inductions, and to be weak at melee range. I don't like kiting. I like to get right in the enemy's face, and then slip around to stab them in the back. I'm an experienced MMO player, so I'm sure I could eventually learn to make a Sage work. However, it's just wrong for me, and I'd never be as good on a Sage as I am and will be on my Shadow.

Sage is a powerful class in the right hands, but in my hands it's an underpowered, wimpy class. However, you don't see me going to the Sage forums and saying that the class sucks, or that the Sage PvP makes me sad (which it did; I died way too much). It's a great class for others, just not for me.

Maybe you Infiltration-haters should try out some other classes. One of the 8 has to be able to fit the way you like to play. If you're unhappy with our burst DPS, go play a Scoundrel. If you're unhappy with our defenses, go play a Guardian. One of them out there has to make you happier than you are now. But just because you can't enjoy playing Infiltration doesn't mean nobody can.

Infiltration Shadows are crap lol.

Just because I only made videos on my Sentinel, doesn't mean I don't have a Shadow there skip.

Why did I get so annoyed by your posts? Read them. They're ignorant, childish, and whiny. Who WOULDN'T be annoyed by your posts?

"A post saying they need some changes" - No, just no. Read the last post I quoted of yours. You're crying like an angst filled teen virgin. It wasn't calm, it wasn't rational, it wasn't well-thought out. It was just whiny and annoying.

I don't know how else to make it clear to you. But really, give it a rest, and go outside.

I suggest you reread your own posts towards me, their so full of hate and unsubstanciated claims, calling me childish, ignorant and whiny, when in fact some of those are traits of your own posts and not mine.

That post of mine was a direct 1to1 answer to another players post and in no way a rant. I answer him with only facts and then he even goes to the point to recognize some of it , you on the other hand i really dont know whats you problem , maybe irl problems? anyway dont care much, the posts are here for everyone to see and make up their own mind, what i care about is what BW/EA thinks and will do about the AC.

I also suggest you follow up on your own advice , you seem to need it more than me if i can judge from your insults at me ,and i hope BW/EA doesnt act up on those ones , they tend to be kinda strict about those things...

Edited by Hebbi

I use everything I have if it's not on cooldown. QUOTE]

well this appears to be your problem. In pvp if this is ever your mindset your gonna fail against good players.

idc what you say about what you do, even when ops can take me down to 60% or so HP with the use of all my CD i can still make the comeback and win, even against OPS that i know on my server as good ones.

there are 2 logical solutions, either you dont know how to play against ops or there arnt any good ops on my server.

you can choose which one you believe but i think i have my mind made already.

i'm only 41 on my shadow, but i've lead almost every wz i've run in damage (and most times it's not even close). hell, when civil war wz's get out of hand and one side is dominating, i usually find myself going to one of the enemy held turrets and picking out a squishy to see if i can burst them down before their friends can kill me/out heal my dps. most times i'm successful, even out dps'ing several healers from time to time. so ya, shadow damage is fine imho. my advice would be to either tweak your build and/or skill rotation or reroll if shadow isn't as fun as you expected.

4.5k project upheaval proc 2.2k 5k 5pbreach 4.5k spinning strike - 16.2k who cares who its on - you want MORE? Throw in a nice proc from shadow tech and .... well yeah. You want to hit a fresh dinged 50 for MORE than that? that would be fair?

9000 - 11000 on champ/BM geared.

See above.

Low slash is a stun as it prevents them from carrying out an action. Use at as an interrupt or a run stopper or simply as a time buyer to get ready for burst again. Learn to ability.

AOE knockback is great for healer peels and making an escape as well as knocking enemy out of LOS of healers (knockback+stun then burst).

You dont HAVE to wait for all 3 to be up to make an escape. Force speed can be used with roots/snares to break combat and restealth. Resilience is great when you know the attacking target is going to burst on you. Force cloak is great for escape always (just use it wisely in the right place/situation), I know it doesnt always drop combat but I reckon that will change/be fixed in future. All 3 up together is Ability: HAHAINEVERDIE 2min cooldown. Srsly? You want more than that? Get better.

Oh the irony.

I play versus plenty of those every day. Now what? You want to do your maximum possible damage against a TANK? This your first mmo?

pwned.

/closethread

Really constructive post there , grats.

Actually if you could understand what i wrote you d see that it was i, that "pwned" him and not the other way around...

Actually not really, because he provides a video with actual footage of him doing what he's proclaiming - so yea, I believe he won.

Ganiccus was actually right.

Edited by rakuenCallisto

i'm only 41 on my shadow, but i've lead almost every wz i've run in damage (and most times it's not even close). hell, when civil war wz's get out of hand and one side is dominating, i usually find myself going to one of the enemy held turrets and picking out a squishy to see if i can burst them down before their friends can kill me/out heal my dps. most times i'm successful, even out dps'ing several healers from time to time. so ya, shadow damage is fine imho. my advice would be to either tweak your build and/or skill rotation or reroll if shadow isn't as fun as you expected.
I switched to kinetic from infiltration at 41 and the difference in WZs was immeasurable. Infiltration isn't worth it at all.

I switched to kinetic from infiltration at 41 and the difference in WZs was immeasurable. Infiltration isn't worth it at all.

Worth it to you. I'm consistently one of the top players playing infiltration. In the right hands its just as good as any other class out there and worthy of being a MVP.