The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech DPS, should I even bother?

Chrismilk

Level 10 powertech here and I'm really enjoying the class.

But I don't like tanking. Will I be forced to tank in groups? All I want to do is Deal damage.

Problem?

Not at all. I, like you went DPS. 'Cept I'm a trooper vanguard. I recommend your course of action! Show those morons that not all powertechs/vanguards are tanks!

How do you know your doing top dps in operations?

I don't think I'm holding my group back, but without a parse how do you know what your dps is compared to others?

theres a DPS check at EV. the 4th boss. usually the first one to kill the mob would have a higher DPS than the rest. this only applies on tank like targets with 100k+ hp

I had to switch to DPS because raids only need two tanks...

Holy crap, I had no idea

I'm almost to the point where I firmly believe Pyrotech Powertechs do the absolute most PvE DPS in the game... The council fight in ev? My mob dies a good 4-5 seconds behind our sniper.. and he does a *********** lot of DPS.

Honestly, it's so good that I think it's almost broken. A good majority of our attacks aren't mitigated by armor (elemental, dots) on top of that, we get 90% armor pen. to a VERY HIGH damage attack that procs constantly for FREE. Add that armor pen on top of jug/merc armor debuff and you're practically railshotting a 0 armor target..

Seriously, we do a metric ****load of DPS.

Honestly, the class as DPS reminds me a *LOT* of Fury Warriors from WoW.. constantly getting aggro with no threat dump and dying. With guard, you can seriously **** some **** up ( I *still* get aggro in guard if I go all out with trinkets/adrenals/fuel)