Where can I find Commando Elite Prototype Greaves?

Brad-

The whole set is found on Balmorra.

Chest - end quest reward from Balmorra bonus series 1.

Gloves - end quest reward from Industrial Sabotage (heroic +2).

Helmet - end quest reward from The Mandalorian Terror (heroic +4).

Legs - end quest reward from Justice for the Lost (heroic +4).

Boots - end quest reward from Balmorra bonus series 2.

An armormech can also craft the helmet, chest and legs as the commando elite set.

Edited by Flying-Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you. I just needed the legs, and had already completed the heroic but not realised there was a nice set on the planet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An armormech can also craft the helmet, chest and legs as the commando elite set.

Where do you get your info from? I'd love to use that resource.

Where do you get your info from? I'd love to use that resource.

I personally use http://www.torhead.com but there are other sites out there with item information.

The trick is learning to search those sites.

For example, let's take TorHead and use the example of the "Commando Elite Prototype Greaves" mentioned in this thread. If you search for "Commando Elite Prototype Greaves" on TorHead, it will send you to this page:

http://www.torhead.com/item/a7GOOSI/commando-elite-prototype-greaves

that contains no information on where the item comes from.

However, in the top right-hand corner you can see in the "Quick Facts" box the information:

• Binds on Pickup
  • Item level: 36.

So, armed with that information, you can do the following:

• Under the "Database" tab, hover your mouse over the "Browse" word. A menu will appear. Using your mouse, hover over the following terms "Items > Armor > Heavy" and then click on "Legs".
  • You will be presented with a new page listing all the "Heavy Armor Legs" present in the database.
  • Fill in the following information to "filter" the view:
    • Level: 36-36
    • Select "Binds when picked up" from the dropdown selection box and confirm that "Yes" is selected.
    • Click on "Add another filter" and then select "Aim" from the new dropdown that appears. Set the value to "> 0". (We do this because we only want to see Trooper/BH gear and not Knight/Warrior gear (that uses Strength).)
    • On the right-side of the page, in the "Quality" box, select "Protoype and Custom". (This way we don't get "green" and "blue" drops that are level 36 too.)

[*]Click on "Apply".

The page will now list only 6 items. All of them "Bind on Piclup" and "Level 36". Also, you will notice that none of them have a "required level" which means that they are in fact "quest rewards". The items listed are:

• Commando Elite Prototype Greaves
  • Corpsman Elite Upgrade Legplates
  • Mercenary Elite Prototype Greaves
  • Powertech Elite Upgrade Legplates
  • Vanguard Elite Upgrade Legplates
  • War Medic Elite Upgrade Legplates.

Three have "Republic" names (Commando/Vanguard/War Medic) and 3 have "Imperial" names (Corpsman/Mercenary/Powertech). If you click on each item (I would suggest opening in a new tab) you will see from the comments that the 3 "Imperial" legs are rewards from the "[Heroic 4] Last of the Tarisian Pirates" quest on Taris. For the 3 "Republic" legs, only the "Vanguard Elite Upgrade Legplates" contains a comment indicating that it is from the "[Heroic 4] Justice for the Lost" quest on Balmorra.

Tada! Since all 3 "Republic" legs are quest rewards and have the same level, it stands to reason that the 2 other "Republic" legs (that have no comments) are also from the "[Heroic 4] Justice for the Lost" quest on Balmorra and will be presented as "Commando" rewards for the quest.

It takes a bit of work (although it is faster to perform the drill-down than it is to describe "how" to do it) but I have always managed to find where a piece of gear is acquired from (when there are no comments) by searching for the "equivalent" pieces of gear and going through the varios items (sometimes I have to extend the search, for example instead of only searching under "heavy armor" I search under "armor" and check all the light/medium/heavy items that appear). One of them will always say where they came from. :)

Hope that helps.