Biochem = Best. Solution = Worthless!

Drayzen

How does a member of the development team even comprehend this change when thinking about possible solutions?

Now that this skill is entirely useless because it provides no benefit other than re-usable stims/adrenals/meds, there is no obvious gain when it comes to endgame.

So what I'm being told that through this nerf, is that I should go Synthweaving so that I can craft Rakata gear, because that is an actual benefit to my character due to the augment slots.

Bioware, please understand this now. The solution to balance is not always to nerf. This is something you as young Developers, will need to understand sooner, and not later. You cannot trivialize players work into a given aspect of your game, by rewarding them only temporarily through your design, and then coming back and hurting them after the commitment has been made.

In this situation, you should have either made it clear you are pulling back the benefits of Biochem TEMPORARILY, until other classes have similar benefits to endgame, or removed any special abilities that other classes have.

Re-usable stims with no clear advantage over other players who have not put the investment into the skill does not give a clear advantage as compared to a piece of gear with Augment slot. All you've done is cause power gamers to drop their investment, and move to another skill that gives them the additional power they are seeking.

Class power will ALWAYS trump monetary investment.

Edited by Drayzen