Combat Medic - Just respecced

Mirdthestrill

Okay, so me and a couple of other guys were going through Hammer Station. "A couple" meaning two. We died repeatedly, and I mean six to eight times, until I finally got fed up with it and went to the skill resetter. I switched over to combat medic, headed back to the group, and we made it through. And, although I promised myself I'd never play a healer, it's actually far more fun than I imagined. But, of course, this is my first time playing an MMO and I have no idea what I'm doing. I just need a basic guide to PvE strategy, because I like healing but don't want to give up PvE combat. And I have no idea how to apply it practically.

Also, while you're indulging poor little me, does anyone have any good keybind setups for a combat medic?

Just don't pvp w/e you do. You die to any class in 3 seconds and cant get any heals off.

Not true at all, commandos have some of the best living abilities with a damage reduction shield on a liberal CD, 3 instant forms of heals castable on yourself (Bacta, Medical probe, kolto bomb), the most armor in the game coupled with a +10% armor buff, a low CD knockback, a castable 8 sec CC and a stun(I know stuns are not unique to commandos.) . I average 2 deaths or less in most warzones without guard on me, if i have guard it is rare the see me die. Also it is very easy to get heals off since the lockout period for interuppts is only 4 seconds, and it only locks out 1 spell. Also your shield makes you immune to interrupts and the resolves system works nicely with healers since we can eat the first stun and come out with decent health thanks to medical probe, than break free of the second and enjoy CC imunity for a moderate amount of time.

If you are constantly dyeing in pvp as a combat medic you most likely suffer from one of the following

1. Horrible positioning

2. Bad understanding of your class and others

3. Are low leveled without all your tools available to you yet

Edited by Tipkaee

Not true at all, commandos have some of the best living abilities with a damage reduction shield on a liberal CD, 3 instant forms of heals castable on yourself (Bacta, Medical probe, kolto bomb), the most armor in the game coupled with a +10% armor buff, a low CD knockback, a castable 8 sec CC and a stun(I know stuns are not unique to commandos.) . I average 2 deaths or less in most warzones without guard on me, if i have guard it is rare the see me die. Also it is very easy to get heals off since the lockout period for interuppts is only 4 seconds, and it only locks out 1 spell. Also your shield makes you immune to interrupts and the resolves system works nicely with healers since we can eat the first stun and come out with decent health thanks to medical probe, than break free of the second and enjoy CC imunity for a moderate amount of time.

If you are constantly dyeing in pvp as a combat medic you most likely suffer from one of the following

1. Horrible positioning

2. Bad understanding of your class and others

3. Are low leveled without all your tools available to you yet

My main question is, if I PVP, who do I heal? Anybody I see? Or is there a designated tank?

My main question is, if I PVP, who do I heal? Anybody I see? Or is there a designated tank?

It may take a few games, but tanks should quickly realise you're a healer and you'll get guards put on you. In that case, obviously do them the favour of keeping them alive. If you don't want to ask for a guard just use your healer only abilities, or just hammershot heal, during the prep stage and people will figure out to guard you as well.

If your gear isn't at least at the centurion level, I'd focus more on purely healing those in need, with the obvious mortar volley and assisted focus fire mixed in.

edit: Whoops. It didn't click in that you were sub 50, and my reply was pretty much tailored to pvp at 50. So maybe it'll be of some use in the future.

Edited by Aerodi

PVP is more alot less structered than PVE, but this generally applies.

Friends (who you know are good)>other healers>tanks who use guard>Compentant damage dealers>everyone else

Also if you can heal the 4% health guy who is escaping a battle heal him, over the 94% guy who is in the back. Its hard to say what to do for sure in pvp, and the best way to figure it out is to play PVP alot.

That's what I really enjoy on healing, it's a very dynamic game, you don't have rotations like DPS.

As a healer (or any commando actually) you want to keep an eye on your ammo, until you get Field Triage, it's going to be very tricky.

PVE Wise, you want to have Trauma Probe (lvl 40 iirc) on the Tank and use Advanced Medical Probe (once you get the 10% armor and HOT). The SuperChargeCell is your NATURAL state, don't save it for the "oh poop" situations, you will have time to throw 2 Kolto Bombs at tank, so it's pretty much 25 secs of 10% damage reduction.

Don't use a Medical probe on a friend if he's at 95% or you will waste lots of resources. Speaking of which a full bar of ammo means you are not doing something =)

Heal or DPS, don's stand idle.

PvP, as someone said, it's just practice; you are a Combat Medic, not a surgeon, meaning you will be performing Triage. As a rule of thumb, always heal the guy with the lowest HP %

but if you see a HP bar moving a lot, start healing that guy who's getting beat bad

practice, practice, practice