New Battlemasters - Screwed??

slyzzle

I'm still probably going to, I like the game, it's fun, but I can't help but feel cheated.

I'm rank 59, 18k/46k, covered in all Champion gear already, and am primed to hit 60 before the Superbowl. Then this patch comes, and I see in the notes that the commendation amount in PVP bags have been increased, and the token drop chance has been reduced.

Does this mean it's going to become incredibly difficult for me to get a Battlemaster Commendation in my daily/weekly awards?? Does this mean that my reward for reaching Rank 60 is that I get a lot more Champion Commendations, so that I can purchase gear that I already have? Or are the Battlemaster Bags drop rate not affected?

Can I expect to get 200-300 Champion commendations before seeing a single battlemaster token?

Trying my hardest not to complain, but isn't a large perk of hitting Battlemaster being able to hope for a REASONABLE chance of getting a Battlemaster piece, and in a few bags or so, being able to get that last missing Champion piece that you never got.

Now hitting Battlemaster = 95% bags (Which you can only get from dailies and weeklies...) only help you get gear that you already have.

Am I mistaken??

Yes, you will finish your champion set if you have not already, probably before you get one BM token to drop.

BW is continuing to protect the jerks that trade killed on Illum to farm valor to get BM gear faster than they intended.

More fail.

The number of commendations in Champion and Battlemaster Bags has been greatly increased, and the direct item trade tokens appear less frequently in Champion Bags. This change allows players to obtain PvP gear at a steady and significantly more predictable rate with an occasional bonus.

It says the token from the champion bags will drop less frequently not the battlemaster ones

It says the token from the champion bags will drop less frequently not the battlemaster ones

THIS^^^

What this means for those that are BM or will be in the next two weeks (me) is more gear - nice - see for me I only have 6 pieces of champ gear but im vr 53 - so by the time the patch hits I should be BM (usually they do a patch every two weeks) so not only will I get a chance at BM gear, I will also get MORE champ tokens to complete my champ set if I do not get it finished in the next two weeks

It doesnt effect you at all then OP - now if you actually needed some champ gear you would benefit but since you already have all of it you wont be affected at all

Who does this **** over? New 50s and those that have a ton of valor to farm to hit BM - after this you will see way more people in full centurion gear because you will get way less champion tokens - those that geared up with the old system benefited huge - Its ironic because the QQing about RNG is what made this change happen, but it hurts not helps

Edited by Torn

The new 50s are not hurt by this change. The simply do not have a change to be lucky nor unlucky, as was once possible in the pure RNG system. THey'll acquire gear at the avg. rate of people that had to deal with the pure RNG system. It may be a little faster due to the duplicate problem in previous system.

The BM coms have not changed, but once your a BM you can acquire any Champ gear you may have missed at a faster rate. I guess this will also help with ripping crit/surge mods out of Champ gear since for whatever reason the Battlemaster gear doesnt have any...

Edited by Varcan

New 50's will accrue Centurion gear fairly quickly, and Champion gear much more slowly. But the RNG tokens for champion gear will still occasionally drop, but it'll now be a bonus rather than THE WAY to get Champion gear.

It speeds up the tier-1 gear for new 50's, and leaves tier-2 at a similar overall (but more predictable) pace. Tier-3 is unchanged.

The new 50s are not hurt by this change. The simply do not have a change to be lucky nor unlucky, as was once possible in the pure RNG system. THey'll acquire gear at the avg. rate of people that had to deal with the pure RNG system. It may be a little faster due to the duplicate problem in previous system.

The BM coms have not changed, but once your a BM you can acquire any Champ gear you may have missed at a faster rate. I guess this will also help with ripping crit/surge mods out of Champ gear since for whatever reason the Battlemaster gear doesnt have any...

Not true because they never said Champ tokens will work like BM tokens so you can still get dupes - AND since they have significantly reduced the amount of champ tokens you get in the bags you will only be able to get Centurion gear at a steady rate. Unlike now where if you are not totally unlucky you can get champion gear at a steady rate - think about it

It speeds up the tier-1 gear for new 50's, and leaves tier-2 at a similar overall (but more predictable) pace. Tier-3 is unchanged.

This seems like a win all around.

.......Actually based on the other guys post it is making the Centurian the standard PvP gear with Champ sets being a bonus level. They want more Centurians.

Edited by richardya

Not true because they never said Champ tokens will work like BM tokens so you can still get dupes - AND since they have significantly reduced the amount of champ tokens you get in the bags you will only be able to get Centurion gear at a steady rate. Unlike now where if you are not totally unlucky you can get champion gear at a steady rate - think about it

This was my understanding of it after reading a large number of different threads. Will I get champ gear? Eventually yes, but I'll be decked out in cent gear long before that happens

Yes, you will finish your champion set if you have not already, probably before you get one BM token to drop.

BW is continuing to protect the jerks that trade killed on Illum to farm valor to get BM gear faster than they intended.

More fail.

Is this all you talk about? I think it's time to let it go.

So it'll be very difficult to get champion gear until valor 60 now? Or will champion bags drop champion commendations as well as centurion?

Champion bags will now drop a steady rate of Centurion AND Champion commendations, and rarely a Champion item token too. The focus is shifted to buying the champion items with the commendations, rather than relying on the rare tokens.

Edited by ZenBones

Bm token chance is 12.5% per BM bag.

Read the dev tracker

The cost of Champion and Centurion items are NOT changing.

The chance for a Battlemaster Commendation to be in a Battlemaster Bag is NOT changing. It is still 25%.

To reiterate the mention in my previous post, we will be changing Battlemaster Commendation drops in a future patch toward the same 'steady' progession goal without changing the overall average time to gear up.

Champion bags will now drop a steady rate of Centurion AND Champion commendations, and rarely a Champion item token too. The focus is shifted to buying the champion items with the commendations, rather than relying on the rare tokens.

Fair enough, I can live with that.