Pvp lvling vs questing?

Louismontague

Will i miss out on cool looking gear like the robes and such i see people wearing if i level my marauder through pvp? Am i at a disadvantage of not getting gear, well pvp gear at 20 and then 40,

And i havent poked around to much on the pvp vendors but are there weapons or just armor on the vendors?

Edited by Louismontague

Level 20 and 40 pvp gear is the best you can get for that certain level. For eg, after getting level 40 pvp gear you won't find better mods until Voss. So if you want good gear pvp sets are definitely the way to go. On the other hand getting level through questing is WAY faster than getting it through pvp.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with PvP gear sub-50. With the old prices, it was easy enough, so I did it. But with the new prices, just not worth it IMHO. Yeah, it's slightly better. But not OMG better.

And leveling/grinding while leveling is way, way WAY faster than PvP. They're not even in the sale league.

You will level magnitudes faster through PvE than PvP. You'll also get far more credits through PvE (particularly from 32+ planets (Taris) onwards), and will reach lv50 with close to a million credits before training speeder 3 and such. Last but not least, you can train your crew skills cheaply along the way.

Most players can grind out a planet within 4-5 hours. Skip the heroics, FPs, and bonus series. Do every regular questline and bonus objective.

I like levelling through PvP, but from a pure efficiency standpoint, it's not remotely close to PvE.

Hmm...I heard if you level from 10-50 in pvp you will be a BM by the time you hit 50. I haven't tested so I have no clue. So if you combine the time it takes to quest level and get to valor 60, would leveling 10-50 just in pvp be equivalent, less or more time?

Hmm...I heard if you level from 10-50 in pvp you will be a BM by the time you hit 50. I haven't tested so I have no clue. So if you combine the time it takes to quest level and get to valor 60, would leveling 10-50 just in pvp be equivalent, less or more time?

So many variables involved it would never be accurate even as an estimate. Interesting theory though...

I'm sure it would still be longer by a longshot though

Your valor level is capped at your combat level until you hit level 50.