So now I need to drop biochem and grab cybertech?

StrikePrice

Since I will be able to just buy every stim/medpack I need, I should go with the profession that gives me grenades, right? Am I understanding this correctly or am I missing something? It seems like biochem will only be for merchants now.

What you are forgetting is that whatever is "good" will be nerfed because some professions are so crappy and the only way BW "balances" anything is to nerf the better things down to their level.

Since I will be able to just buy every stim/medpack I need, I should go with the profession that gives me grenades, right? Am I understanding this correctly or am I missing something? It seems like biochem will only be for merchants now.

You still need BIO for any reusable. The difference of "stat increase x " yielded versus reusable is minor by comparison to infinite, imo...

Keep this in mind..

Edited by L-RANDLE

You still need BIO for any reusable. The difference of "stat increase x " yielded over reusable is minor by comparison to infinite, imo...

Keep this in mind..

This is what I'm missing I think. I thought they were dropping the BIO requirement from reusables ... is that wrong?

Under the current 1.1.2 notes, only the 1-time use items will be tradeable (and thus sold on Auction). All of the infinite reuse versions will remain No Trade. With this in mind, it will still be useful to go Biochem since it will save you a rediculous amount of cash. Infinite use Adrenals, Stims, and Medpacs are still a severe advantage. Otherwise you'll be left with one heck of a nightly raid bill (in terms of gear repear and buying replacement for your consumables).

For example, my non-Biochem characters will probably start buying Stims as they hit the level cap. Maybe some Medpacs if the market price is currently reasonable. However I couldn't ever see myself want to stock up on Adrenals since they have the same construction costs as a Stim and only last for seconds at a time. In this kind of scenerio, Biochem players still have a perk with their infinite use items.

Under the current 1.1.2 notes, only the 1-time use items will be tradeable (and thus sold on Auction). All of the infinite reuse versions will remain No Trade. With this in mind, it will still be useful to go Biochem since it will save you a rediculous amount of cash.

Okay, that's what I was missing ... thank you!

I guess i'm confused. I've been RE the blue Ultimate Medpac (lvl 48 i think..the highest medpac before Rakata) in hope of getting the purple version.

So what will be the difference between the purple Ultimate Medpac and the Rakata medpac?

They are or will be about the same. Reusable, HP gain of 3.5k to 4.5k. the only real "perk" of the Rakata is the 15% max HP boost so if you hit one then heal yourself then you "HP" is higher for a moment. Don't know if you need a rakata now the ultimate might be just as good...

This is what I'm missing I think. I thought they were dropping the BIO requirement from reusables ... is that wrong?

That's correct as far as I know, not dropping the bio requirement on reusables..

Edited by L-RANDLE

As i understand it, the Rakata versions will be lowered down to the same stats as the Exotech ones. Exotech patterns drop from the various Operations as i have a few of them. The exotech patterns which were all previously bugged and unable to be learned will now be fixed apparantly.

There is no bonus to really being a biochemist now other than the fact you can just purchase the rakata patterns from your trainer and make them fairly easily with the biometric alloys. I mean its not like you're going to make a fortune off the exotech drops because they all require mats that drop from operations that everyone else wants to have also. I am unsure of what the exotech's use but i am going to assume they use alien data cells or whatever they're called.

Edited by DubyooC

This nerf is just flawed on such a fundamental level to begin with it's really not going to solve much.

Nobody will bother crafting the reusables anymore as they will be inferior to the blue ones that will be boe. The reusables require raid mats to even craft, as opposed to easy to farm mats for the blues. The only real time at 50 you'll use them anyway is in raids or pvp.

Alot of folks are just going to powerlevel "biochem/diplomacy/some other mission skill" on a lvl 10+ alt and their main will have bioanalysis along with whatever else they want to do. They would then have whatever crafting profession they want and be able to make all the biochem stuff they need.

Biochem is (was) the FOTM profession, the problem is there's still nothing worth shifting too really.

This nerf is just flawed on such a fundamental level to begin with it's really not going to solve much.

Nobody will bother crafting the reusables anymore as they will be inferior to the blue ones that will be boe. The reusables require raid mats to even craft, as opposed to easy to farm mats for the blues. The only real time at 50 you'll use them anyway is in raids or pvp.

Alot of folks are just going to powerlevel "biochem/diplomacy/some other mission skill" on a lvl 10+ alt and their main will have bioanalysis along with whatever else they want to do. They would then have whatever crafting profession they want and be able to make all the biochem stuff they need.

Biochem is (was) the FOTM profession, the problem is there's still nothing worth shifting too really.

Disagree....

Until the reusables are significantly nerfed (say a level 50 nerfed to lvl 25 yields) the reusables still and always will have more value. Do you value a 12% yield increase versus infinite use is the question?

Disagree....

Until the reusables are significantly nerfed (say a level 50 nerfed to lvl 25 yields) the reusables still and always will have more value. Do you value a 12% yield increase versus infinite use is the question?

Min/Max'ers will take the 12% everytime.

Not to mention the people that don't raid won't be making the reusables either...

Edited by Varturius

As i understand it, the Rakata versions will be lowered down to the same stats as the Exotech ones. Exotech patterns drop from the various Operations as i have a few of them. The exotech patterns which were all previously bugged and unable to be learned will now be fixed apparantly.

There is no bonus to really being a biochemist now other than the fact you can just purchase the rakata patterns from your trainer and make them fairly easily with the biometric alloys. I mean its not like you're going to make a fortune off the exotech drops because they all require mats that drop from operations that everyone else wants to have also. I am unsure of what the exotech's use but i am going to assume they use alien data cells or whatever they're called.

Not quite, the Exotech's now have an edge on the Rakata. The Rakata was dropped to Energized levels. As I see it, it is about 12% lower yields than the Exotech, but the reusable tag still reigns supreme imo...

Min/Max'ers will take the 12% everytime.

And also pay through the nose for it. Plus if I want exotech, I craft them for myself(for personal use) and to sell.... To each his own, but I would not leave Biochem.

[EDIT] BTW, I was wondering though. Can you reverse engineer a Exotech item? I have not seen any metion of this, but since this is a blue item, game logic would say there is a schematic for a purple.....

Edited by L-RANDLE

And also pay through the nose for it. Plus if I want exotech, I craft them for myself(for personal use) and to sell.... To each his own, but I would not leave Biochem.

Lol go back and re-read what I posted. The only real cost is going to be some mat farming while doing dailies.

actually exotech will be the strongest now if I'm not mistaken. So the basic thing will be that as a Biochemist I will keep those for my self when I really want to I can use them because they won't be as normal for people to have. Especially if the mats are somewhat rare. I will sell/give away energized reusables and for a cheaper price because I have something of the same power always so i have 0 need for them, and their mats will most likely be easy to farm.

Lol go back and re-read what I posted. The only real cost is going to be some mat farming while doing dailies.

I was really refering to non-bio folks. It will fetch a premium....

[EDIT] I was just expounding to the OP that this just strengthens the BioChem position as the better profession....

Edited by L-RANDLE

I was really refering to non-bio folks. It will fetch a premium....

True, if folks don't either keep biochem on their mains or an alt as I described, they will ultimately be paying through the nose for stuff.

Edit: I don't disagree with making the blues boe, for the economy that's a good thing. I wouldn't even be opposed to the reusables being equal. But making them worse is just stupid.

Edited by Varturius

True, if folks don't either keep biochem on their mains or an alt as I described, they will ultimately be paying through the nose for stuff.

Edit: I don't disagree with making the blues boe, for the economy that's a good thing. I wouldn't even be opposed to the reusables being equal. But making them worse is just stupid.

Can you RE the exotech stuff? It is a blue item after all... I have not gotten any exotech schems yet...

maybe if we throw a fit enough they will take the change out lol. Becuase it is ridiculous horrible they need to buff other professions not nerf the CRAP out of bio chem Bioware you are making a grave mistake.

Can you RE the exotech stuff? It is a blue item after all... I have not gotten any exotech schems yet...

I'm not sure. I'm only leveling biochem now on an alt. I've been just gathering/banking mats for the last month waiting to see how crafting would pan out (because it's all been pretty poorly implemented). That and slicing has made me enough money to never have to do a daily again in the next couple years lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.