Marauder's worst enemy: A gunslinger/sniper on a catwalk in Huttball

HBninjaX

I had this problem the other day, someone up on a catwalk hiding behind cover. Ok, I stealth up and start to fight them, but they're alble to knock me off the ledge or into fire every... single... time

just avoid targets like this altogether?

With all the knockbacks and stuns, I feel like we're already limited enough. Not being able to force leap to somebody in cover is frustrating.

Dunno what to tell you, OP. Sounds like you're doing your best. If it wasn't for the cover, I'd just say save your leap, run in, and then when you get knocked off, you can leap back.

But with cover...

Guess your only choice is to pop camo and run away. Try to find a new target. :/

just avoid targets like this altogether?

Two things:

1. Walk up behind them.

2. Put your back to the platform or a collision object. Note: THEY ARE IN COVER AND NOT MOVING. This means you know EXACTLY where they will knock you back to. So don't put your back to empty space. Easy eh?

Two things:

1. Walk up behind them.

2. Put your back to the platform or a collision object. Note: THEY ARE IN COVER AND NOT MOVING. This means you know EXACTLY where they will knock you back to. So don't put your back to empty space. Easy eh?

I tried that, and yeah it works often... this particular person was able to get an angle and knock me off the edge/into the fire regardless (by the way the KB roots you) Not all that familiar with their class TBH, I only play marauder and casually. level 43

edit: also, walking up behind them on the catwalk in huttball isn't really that feasible if it's on the opposing team's side which it was. It just struck me as a ridiculously good tactic against melee players and I wasn't able to counter it.

Edited by HBninjaX

My best bet would be think about a better strategy.

A sniper\gunslinger up there nuking people will keep focused in doing just that, if you manage to LoS him, he'll seek a new target - if not, he'll have to move to get you or someone else. Either way, an opening to attack is available - or simply get another "easier" target.

Regarding the knockback, if you manage to get close enough to be possibly affected by it, you'll have to take measures to prevent from getting knocked to an annoying distance - as above was mentioned, against a wall or some other object.

Snipers\Gunslingers have to be in cover to deploy the knockback, so if you are in a safe position and still see the target re-positioning to be able to throw you away - do the same as him and get in a more suitable position.

The ability is quite bugged - at least from my experience - with all the delays from getting into cover, and then the time it takes to be able to deploy the knockback.. and praying it works - so it's only a matter of getting used to it.

Good luck.

Edited by Dharkeon

You have to get used to the idea of knockbacks and get a feel for where you'll end up based on where you're placed. Now, the only time I'm knocked into an obstacle is if I'm cc'd and the person deliberately moves to position such a knockback. But i've learned that when I approach a class in cover to make sure that I the link between me and him is parallel with the platform so when I get knocked back I am still on the platform and not in a fire. It is all about position and where you decide to attack from.