The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

17/0/24 Eliminator set spec + ion cell/guard utility?

Gathersquall

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801GRGb00bZZbIbbdGbM.1

I start my spec idea on the notion that +30% crit dmg is too much to pass up in assault for anyone with Eliminator 4 pc set bonus (+15% crit chance on HiB]. For me, this means I need to set my builds with 22 in Assault. I tried 21/2/18 for some time now, being moderately happy, but not quite enjoying the balance of guard v burst/dps.

List of differences against 21/2/18

You get:

+30% crit dmg on HiB

30 second reduced CD on Recharge cells

+6% dmg on HiB, Stockstrike, Hammer shot under most normal circumstances (IR is applied)

You lose

Immobilisation with stealth scan and harpoon (Without the -10sec cooldown reduction on harpoon, this talent loses power through lack of application)

25% dmg on ion cell and shock duration reduced by 3 seconds (It feels marginal whenever I use it)

Storm an Undoubtedly big loss, and one which is very difficult to lose. Another interrupt, and a gap closer is hard to give up.

2/3 Rain of fire or 2/3 Focused Impact?

(I have not tested this out yet, but any feedback with the 22 points in Assault in mind would be most welcome)

Edited by Gathersquall

Based on whats happening to shadows next patch I wouldn't get to attached to hybrid specs.

Chances are vanguards will see a similar treatment soon. :(

Id find a 31 build you like.

I don't get it. Can you please explain what is happening to Shadows and why this might affect Vanguards negatively in the future?

they are removing the ability to hybrid spec by requiring stances on key talents and removing the ability to stance dance

there is no discernible reason for these changes other than developers just don't want hybrid specs in the game. possibly just to make balancing easier in the future.

for troopers this would be things like gut or hold the line requiring high energy cell. or incendiary rounds or iomic accelerator requiring plasma cell.

basically it makes putting less than 31 points in a tree a waste of points

Edited by grandmasterub

they are removing the ability to hybrid spec by requiring stances on key talents and removing the ability to stance dance

there is no discernible reason for these changes other than developers just don't want hybrid specs in the game. possibly just to make balancing easier in the future.

for troopers this would be things like gut or hold the line requiring high energy cell. or incendiary rounds or iomic accelerator requiring plasma cell.

basically it makes putting less than 31 points in a tree a waste of points

Wow. That would make the Carolina Parakeet (21/2/18) truly extinct. I'd be pretty disappointed if this happened.

Edited by Aces_Over_Kings

Build issues aside, would people suggest 2/3 in Rain of Fire or Focused impact? I am going to test this to see if there is some merit.

Here are my thoughts on the issue:

Total up the amount of armor and DMG reduction from armor all the ACs will have in BM gear. Then find out how much the damage on HIB will be increased with -40% armor, then compare that to a 6% damage boost to all your usable abilities save for Ion Pulse.

My gut feeling is that Focused Impact will "be better" for PvP since it would be more burst, plus it would scale really well with successive Ionic Accelerator procs, but Rain of Fire would boost your damage output more overall.

I definitely would test it, but my gut says Focused Impact.

Edited by Kryptorchid

Im currently running 8/2/31 and i love it.

Im full assault but running ion cell for survival. The damage loss is maybe 10% or so due to miss of crit talents from tactics and plasma cell. But its really not more then that.

The survival I have running ion cell is huge, and Im using a shield instead of a generator.

I have everything you need for tanking but some cookie cutter talents above, and no, I dont need extra stock strike damage.

My survival rate have g one through the roof since I can stay ranged and do damage, while being able to take a TON of damage at the same time.

And, I can toss out guards where needed.

Toss in a few pieeaces of super commando gear, like off pieaces such as implants, ear, waist, and the rest as eliminator or tech, and your good.

I prefer the tech armor due to higher crit and a great 2 set ability.

15% crit on HIB is nice though.

I won't play a Vanguard without Storm. 21 Shield is the minimum investment in that tree as far as I'm concerned.

In full supercommando gear and with a pocket healer I agree with you.

But if you are doing alot of solo runs then its just not as good as a low shield ion cell running assault spec.

Storm is excellent, but with lack of healers atleast on my server on republic side, storming in is usually a quick death unless on a single target.

Love the ability but its something I would spec into for group and premade play.

My 8/2/31 spec, full assault with ion cell have me do huge damage but keep the survival of a tank.