Augments 1.1.2 Huge Mistake!

Iceman_sith

Huge problem with augments.

Once people have an set of gear with an augment slot. People will never get to enjoy any other gear in the game, as there will be no point to it. Forget tier gear, forget social gear it wont have augment slots so I wont ware it.

Possible Solutions;

Allow players to craft augment attachments to add to loot such as social gear or tier sets.

Do not allow tier armaments to be placed in gear with an augment slots or have the augment slots grey out. The issue then is with weapons

Have an appearance tab.

By the way there is a mistake in the title 1.1.2 is NOT when this stuff will be implemented it is next content patch, I misread either way this thread is important.

Edited by Iceman_sith
1.1.2 is not when this stuff is being added it is next major content patch.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will also add. With this change, when we get tier gear or pvp gear, we may as well not even get a piece of armor it may as well just be the armoring mod and enhancement and we just put them into our augment set.

It's an error it can not be implemented the way it stands.

So what excactly has changed?

Looked through the 1.1.2 patch notes,couldnt see anything about augments...

The changes he is talking about are being able to get an Augment slot on orange gear and being able to remove the base mods from purples... IDK if those are in 1.1.2 or just "a future patch" though.

I will correct myself, it is not comming in 1.1.2 but in the next major content patch, which could still be not to far away. Orange gear will be able to crit augment slots so, it will not really help other crew skills in terms of stats just their money making ability.

either way, this will encourage people to not ware the gear that want to, such as social gear or tier. Instead they will wear crit augment gear (orange + purples) that might look bad. If they want to min max there will be no choice.

I will correct myself, it is not comming in 1.1.2 but in the next major content patch, which could still be not to far away. Orange gear will be able to crit augment slots so, it will not really help other crew skills in terms of stats just their money making ability.

either way, this will encourage people to not ware the gear that want to, such as social gear or tier. Instead they will wear crit augment gear (orange + purples) that might look bad. If they want to min max there will be no choice.

Everything has trade offs.

The trade off for min maxxing and squeezing that extra +2 out of your stats should be you look like a clown.

The trade off for min maxxing and squeezing that extra +2 out of your stats should be you look like a clown.

I get not liking the min maxer mentality, but honestly there is no positive reason to have this trade off. Lets not endorse customization restrictions simply out of spite.

It absolutely shouldn't. I don't think anyone should take this above statement seriously. The whole point of this system was to give players more customization, it instead may have the opposite effect.

Competing mmorpgs have ZERO cost systems to allow you to look how you want, I am sure bioware had the same intention, but they wanted to implement some "realistic" elements to their system hence, you remove mods and put them in gear rather than have an appearance tab.

Its not coming in 1.2.

But i agree with the fact that some crafting gear having an extra slot is ridiculous.

I never saw an augment slot in the game and honestly i just wish they remove that crap.

Edited by boobaffet

I get not liking the min maxer mentality, but honestly there is no positive reason to have this trade off. Lets not endorse customization restrictions simply out of spite.

It was a little joke. I don't particularly care about min/maxers. It's not my thing but they don't bother me either.

Make a new moneymaking thing then, people can craft the equviliant of belt buckles in wow.

- Armour augment slot

- Weapon augment slot

- implant augment slot

I smell a fortune to be made on the GTN, that is if anyone can actually find anything on the damn trade network

Make a new moneymaking thing then, people can craft the equviliant of belt buckles in wow.

- Armour augment slot

- Weapon augment slot

- implant augment slot

I smell a fortune to be made on the GTN, that is if anyone can actually find anything on the damn trade network

This is also good. I like this rather than people being able to craft a limited amount of styles for gear with a chance to crit, at the cost of mats augment slots. synths could do it for jedi loot and armormechs for their loot and so on.

- Armour augment slot

- Weapon augment slot

- implant augment slot

Yes, it's a terrific solution that would benefit everyone.

This was posted on the other thread. Add an Augmentation Device. Synthweaving gets one (or more, level-requirement based) to put on Force-User armor, Armormech gets one to put on non-force armor, armstech gets one for guns, and artifice gets one for lightsabers.

it would be great for the Galactic Market. And for those tradeskills that seem to be missing right now.

Edited by Iceman_sith

Since rakata stims are being nerfed to tradeable stims and useable by all, and if they allow amormechs and synthweavers to proc augmented moddable gear, AND allow mods to be removed from raid gear, I'll be an armormech, no doubt about it, it will be better than any other craft.

So we just go from one to the other lol

Edited by Melacon

Ok, I completely fail to understand this.

---

Currently:

- in the 1-49 band you can wear any orange equipment and upgrade it via mods.

- in the 50+ end-game you use "my little armour set" which (for most classes) is thought to look terrible. It also makes armour/weapon crafting useless, ditto cyber mods/slicing augs etc.

--

The patches are supposed to bring orange gear to the 50+ world. You loot an awesome piece of kit, and can remove the awesomeness mod and put it in your purple & green robe.

-> yes, in theory you could wear a level 10 orange cloak at the end-game.. that's not great for armour crafters, but (if the OP is correct) it would at least need to be a crafted cloak.

I just don't see a huge problem?

He suggests that depending on crew skill you are able to add augment slot. Weaps for armstech, some pieces of armor for armormech etc. It will also add more balance against biochem (because it's clear even with what they are goin to implement biochem -> all).

Wow, so the second round of nerfs isn't even enough for you people? What do you want them to do next? Maybe they should make it so the reusables only heal you for the basic amount and the stims/adrenals only give 10% of the bonus of a regular. Would that finally shut the QQ crybaby crowd up? I seriously doubt it.

I can't wait till synthweaving/armor becomes the next "best". I'm almost going to enjoy watching the nerfing that will happen. Almost, but not really because it's just a problem with the system. I do think some of you have it coming though.

It's biowares fault, when they caved to the forum QQ about slicing plenty of us knew exactly what it meant. They would cave to all QQ. It's happened over and over again now. They've nerfed biotech twice (when it goes live), they have nerfed classes etc. I should go back and look at my old posts for the people that said "no, they won't do that".

Sorry guys but once a company starts whoring it's self out to the forum crowd to try and get approval it's all downhill from there. The only way they could fix it is if they stop listening to the forum QQ and really start working on problems instead of taking the lazy "lets make X undesirable".

Ok, I completely fail to understand this.

---

Currently:

- in the 1-49 band you can wear any orange equipment and upgrade it via mods.

- in the 50+ end-game you use "my little armour set" which (for most classes) is thought to look terrible. It also makes armour/weapon crafting useless, ditto cyber mods/slicing augs etc.

--

The patches are supposed to bring orange gear to the 50+ world. You loot an awesome piece of kit, and can remove the awesomeness mod and put it in your purple & green robe.

-> yes, in theory you could wear a level 10 orange cloak at the end-game.. that's not great for armour crafters, but (if the OP is correct) it would at least need to be a crafted cloak.

I just don't see a huge problem?

Once again i have to explain the problem. Say you have the Pvp set, and you like it or maybe you have one of the social armor sets and you like that. Well neither of those can have augment slots because they can't be crafted.

There is the problem, instead of saying hey don't like your tier try this armor instead it is. Hey like your tier or like this social armor set well too bad coz they don't have augment slots so it is going to cost you stats to ware them.

lets say you just got an awesome looking gun with great stats from a Operation, well kiss that model goodbye coz your using your Orange gun from a limited choice of crafted items because it has an augment slot.