Tanking

Talon_Starfire

No they dont have a tank spec.

The second part is true, but I would have to disagree with "No". I know that this isn't much but I successively tanked BT HM. Which is nothing compared to Operation Bosses etc, but still... Using Obfuscate, saber ward, cloak of pain and most of all undying rage when your hp goes low it can be done. Also you have to remember about disruption to counter the most powerful attacks. I also sometimes tank when the actual tank goes down and if it isn't 5 min fight I usually live through and prevent wipe...

OFC Anni spec.

The second part is true, but I would have to disagree with "No". I know that this isn't much but I successively tanked BT HM. Which is nothing compared to Operation Bosses etc, but still... Using Obfuscate, saber ward, cloak of pain and most of all undying rage when your hp goes low it can be done. Also you have to remember about disruption to counter the most powerful attacks. I also sometimes tank when the actual tank goes down and if it isn't 5 min fight I usually live through and prevent wipe...

OFC Anni spec.

What tree do you recommend I like Annihilation but that might not be best?

Thanks

What is best for PvP?

There's no DPS meter, so everybody argues. Do what you like, all 3 are PVP viable. Rage has trouble PvE, but they all have things for PvP.

Annhi is best for leveling, some people like it in pvp. It didn't jive with me.

If you'd take the time to look, the game actually TELLS YOU which roles each class and AC can do, when you both roll your character, and when you pick your AC, AND it should be permanently in your codex.

SJ can tank or DPS. SM can only DPS.

The three trees are all labeled as damage, too. There's no tanking tree, we can't tank. We don't get guard, we don't get taunt, and our damage mitigation is practically nothing compared to proper tanks. We have some tricks to help us survive in pvp, but they aren't meant to tank a boss.

Edited by miliways