Assassin's need some love!! <3

Grizok

I'm sure i will get flamed and trolled for this but honestly i don't care. Understandably there are some ok assassins, But honestly if you really sit down and look at the class in iteself. It is incredibly gimped. I mean honestly if your gonna flame don't bother... go make an assassin, get to 50 then pvp with it. you will see what I am talking about. Lets look at some positives and negatives. btw this is just a rough list, i am looking for other points if people truly want to get some change in this class. The majority of this post is related to pvp.

Positives Darkness

1. Darkness has some good survivability.

2. AOE Dmg is ok since they actually have side benefits like -5% dmg and accuracy

Negatives Darkness

1. Dmg blows, but hey your a tank maybe you can survive long enough for someone else to kill your target.... lol

2. WITHER DOES NOT TRIGGER HARNESSED DARKNESS(yes caps loc, deal with it)

this is something that bothers me and a few other players i know because... It is in the description.

3. Even with the survivability its just delaying our death most of the time ... if the other player is in equal gear its kind of a toss up depending on player skill level spec ect.

Deception Positives

1. the animations are pretty

....... sorry thats all I've got

Deception Negatives

1. Your Paper.... Literally

2. The most you can really expect to hit for is around 3.5k on a light armored target and thats with maul with the 50% armor pen trigger from Duplicity. ( on a side note before u complain about what i am saying here ... honestly don't talk. You are probably playing an op class so go to your classes forum. thank you the door is that way have a nice day =)

3. You CANNOT stand toe to toe with anyone with both people full health and really survive this unless the other person you are fighting is just terrible at the game.

no madness because i have no intention of ever going it =) if i wanted to cast a bunch of pretty spells i would have made a sorc

Now really just take a look at the class ... thats all im asking and im sure thats all any of the assassins really want because honestly assassin and shadow are the 2 worst classes in the game and unfortunately that is the one i leveled to 50 lol. With some tweaking we could possibly be a viable dps class and pvp class.

Open to you all now what are some other things u don't like about the assassin class and what are some things you do like?

no madness because i have no intention of ever going it =) if i wanted to cast a bunch of pretty spells i would have made a sorc

Madness needs another DoT. Sorcerers get Affliction at level 16, and that makes all the difference. Between Affliction, Death Field, Crushing Darkness and no cooldown on Force Lightning, they're doing OK. Us? Not enough tools to really make the spec shine. Some people do OK with it, but they'd do just as well or better with another spec, they're just good players.

The problem I had with the Madness tree is it didn't really FEEL like a stealthy assassin type tree. Then again, neither does tanking with the Darkness tree. The only tree that "feels" like what I would have thought of for an assassin is Deception, but that one doesn't really offer a whole lot IMO.

Madness needs another DoT. Sorcerers get Affliction at level 16, and that makes all the difference. Between Affliction, Death Field, Crushing Darkness and no cooldown on Force Lightning, they're doing OK. Us? Not enough tools to really make the spec shine. Some people do OK with it, but they'd do just as well or better with another spec, they're just good players.

Assasins have exactly the same amount of dots as sorcs do. The secret lies in one of your saber charges.

Definately great points, though then BM bags are a whole topic in itself. The RNG is terrible on the champ bags having quintuples of 2 items now with about 80- 90 bags total that i have opened.. im terrified of the horror stories with the bm bags returning only 1 comm ever 15 or 20 bags. it really saddens me .. i love star wars but some things really need to be changed or i fear the player base is going to drop dramatially. Madness on the other hand I was delighted to find out that the double shock doesnt actually cost extra focus and is instant =) in my gaming career i have never posted really on anything so your responses are much appreciated. keep em coming

Positives Darkness

1. Darkness has some good survivability.

2. AOE Dmg is ok since they actually have side benefits like -5% dmg and accuracy

Negatives Darkness

1. Dmg blows, but hey your a tank maybe you can survive long enough for someone else to kill your target.... lol

2. WITHER DOES NOT TRIGGER HARNESSED DARKNESS(yes caps loc, deal with it)

this is something that bothers me and a few other players i know because... It is in the description.

3. Even with the survivability its just delaying our death most of the time ... if the other player is in equal gear its kind of a toss up depending on player skill level spec ect. --

Positives - great survivability, and great threat

Damage isn't great, but if you know what you are doing you keep up good damage and can actually keep up in pvP

#2 is a bug. Its being fixed. Read the forums.

#3 wait... if he's equal on gear it's down to skill level? That's a BAD thing? IT'S CALLED BALANCE. Managing cooldowns, buffs, debuffs and your self-heals is what separates the goods and the bads. Don't be a bad. Learn to play your class and you will see why most warzones are half assassins.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.