The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assassin changes a welcome sight.

Theology

To put it simply (and so another one of my posts doesn't get removed by BW):

1) The Fore cost to switch stances from 50 - 100 is not a huge impact, since spending 50 force in any type of rotation is completely unfeasable. So, they might as well made it a 30 min cooldown or not able to switch in combat. I don't think that this is the thrust of the complaints.

I don't mind both even. Keep the 100 FC, and a 30min timer, and no use in combat.

2) Induction requiring surging charge. This is a HUGE problem for Darkness/Deception builds. You're in Darkness to get defenses (such as dark ward, being able to use a SHIELD, harness darkness for self healing). You're in deception to hep reduce the cost of shock (which in darkness, they give you talents to cast shock more frequently (the talent that immediately reduces cooldown on shock) but you can't possibly sustain casting shock at that rate without induction. Now, you can't get induction without surging charge, so you're giving up a HUGE amount of durability to gain some DPS (i do not know the numbers).

I was a 27/14/0 build so this was my nerf as well. I think them adding HD buff to Wither would have been enough I dont understand the need to take this away from Hybrids. You cant have both wither, and Induction.

The same goes for the 23/0/18 Hybrid the change to Raze makes this build worthless.

I think even with this, people with darknes are going to stay darkness because you can't loose out on all the mitigation, and instead go with the madness's chain shock (but you wait, soon chain shock will only proc if you are in lightning charge).

That is the only option I could find as a Darkness build. 31/0/10 build. After 1.1.2 every SI tank on the server will be this or something very close to it.

Is this the build you are refering to as 31/0/10..?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrkkrskbsZZf0cM.1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've broken 500k as 23/0/18 and 2/31/8, all it meant was that my team had good healers and the other team had good healers, so I wasn't dying and the enemies were getting healed for a majority of the damage I did.

Voidstar numbers are pretty atypical since that's the only type of game where you might have 8 people fighting continously the whole time. Usually those numbers only show up in a 2-2 stalemate. I remember fighting the same guy for 3 minutes in a row and neither of us went below 50%. Might as well be a training dummy when it comes down to that.

Deception sins don't have any AoEs worth using. If you look at my action bars you'll notice I don't even have an AoE attack bound. All that damage was single target.

I don't have to fraps my games to state that assassins can break 500k. I know it because I've done it. If you want to believe me or not that's up to you.

I'm going to consider that a rare anomaly and move on.

It's too bad you can break 500k in voidstar but not able to pull together a fraps. That would have been impressive.

I don't have fraps, best I can show you is a screenshot of a Voidstar as a Deception sin.

Interesting key bindings on your hot bar...am I missing something here? Can you bind multiple abilities to a single key or are you using the number pad and the top row numbers? If that's the case, are you not using a mouse? Or are you maybe using a naga?

I've broken 500k as 23/0/18 and 2/31/8, all it meant was that my team had good healers and the other team had good healers, so I wasn't dying and the enemies were getting healed for a majority of the damage I did.

I did have good healers backing me up. The enemy definitely dies when I have good healers to back my onslaught though. You'll notice sages have the most deaths in the screenshot because I continuously go after them and shut them down. Deception assassins are probably the best equipped class at bursting down healers. With good healers backing you up, you can kill their healers faster than they can kill yours.

Interesting key bindings on your hot bar...am I missing something here? Can you bind multiple abilities to a single key or are you using the number pad and the top row numbers? If that's the case, are you not using a mouse? Or are you maybe using a naga?

I use keyboard numkeys and numpad keys on a naga.

Edited by Krytycal