The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Leveling

ValidanEthes

Good Morning Everyone,

I write, because I am interested in trying something new, the BH and IA storyline have me intrigued, but I got bored on my operative, and wanted to take a chance to possible tank. And as a lover for ranged(and sometimes upclose) tanking.. I figured I would give PT a whirl.

Could anyone give me any starting feed back, as to what stats to pay attention to and what crew skills may benefit me best, being that I will be solo 99.9% of the time? Generally when I play, no one is on and its quiet. So... the better I can do solo, the best? Any advice/tips and such are muchly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Good Morning Everyone,

I write, because I am interested in trying something new, the BH and IA storyline have me intrigued, but I got bored on my operative, and wanted to take a chance to possible tank. And as a lover for ranged(and sometimes upclose) tanking.. I figured I would give PT a whirl.

Could anyone give me any starting feed back, as to what stats to pay attention to and what crew skills may benefit me best, being that I will be solo 99.9% of the time? Generally when I play, no one is on and its quiet. So... the better I can do solo, the best? Any advice/tips and such are muchly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Your ranged attacks are mostly from the shared Bounty Hunter skill pool. Most everything a Powertech does requires them to be up close. Flame Sweep, Flame Burst, Rocket Punch, Flamethrower. Heck, even Grapple and Jet Charge are gap closers in their own right.

a pt isn't really a ranged tank. you can open from range but you will eventually want to be up close. a pt does have the ability to run out of melee aoe type damage while still using some abilities to hold agro but eventually you will want to get back in melee range.

the great thing about a pt is that you start out with a healing companion. i personally used her all the way to 50 primarily. you can solo some 2+ heroics as a pt but they are easier with another person. you may want to consider leveling an assassin aswell. they can tank and have some nice features. stealth, a sap ability for cc, and decent damage for a tank.