Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Multi Spec ... It's Time

HoosierDuke

No I'm not talking about AC switching, just a standard multi spec that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to do.

Watching a stream on twitch tonight, a level 50 healer logged out of the game and left, because he was frustrated by thought of doing his dailies in a healing spec vs a dps spec ... and the inherent cost involved in switching. I hear it all the time ... I WOULD go do that, but I would have to respec, and I don't want to spend the credits.

The current TOR respec system has failed, its time to just come into the modern era, and allow multiple specs on one character.

At the very least, change the respec fee to a reasonable flat rate.

This insistence on NOT allowing it, almost feels like being trolled by the developers.

No I'm not talking about AC switching, just a standard multi spec that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to do.

Watching a stream on twitch tonight, a level 50 healer logged out of the game and left, because he was frustrated by thought of doing his dailies in a healing spec vs a dps spec ... and the inherent cost involved in switching. I hear it all the time ... I WOULD go do that, but I would have to respec, and I don't want to spend the credits.

The current TOR respec system has failed, its time to just come into the modern era, and allow multiple specs on one character.

This insistence on NOT allowing it, almost feels like being trolled by the developers.

While my tank and healer are not 50, leveling them in tank and healing spec doesnt seem to be much of a problem. In WoW it really was needed as trying to level a tank or healer as such was incredibly long, here I really dont see that much of a difference in speed.

that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to do.

wrong.

any "decent" multi specc system needs:

1) obviously: possibility to save differetn talent speccs

2) separate hotbars for each specc (or are you gonna set up your bars every time you respecc?)

3) separate hotkeys for each specc (or are you gonna redefine them every time you respecc?)

4) separate gear-vault for each specc (or are you gonna run around with two sets of gear in your inventory)

i know WoW didn't have all those options from the starts, thus why i said "decent"... why copy the old lame respecc system from another MMO, when you could copy the current good one?

so, as said: you're wrong. it's not that simple to make.

Would be nice to have dual spec but I don't think it's the end of the world. I've leveled 1-50 as healing spec just as fast as the other dps classes. Right now I can solo all my daily quests including Heroics 2 and 4. The trick is to pimp out your dps companion in Columni and Rakata gear. I would save some time if I was dps spec but probably not much.

Time? Yes - I agree, it is time, but not for multi-spec, dual spec, free respec -- or whatever you want to call it.

It is time that WOW players embrace SWTOR as a different game with its own unique set of rules that these players should either accept the rules or go back to the World of Whinners.

Maybe in a year or so subscriptions will be tight enough that they will start considering these types of bad decisions that will impact the integrity of the game - but I am sure most of the folks complaining will have moved on to GW2 or WOW1.748 (whatev).

No switching AC's either! Find something new to cry about or make new friends.

It has nothing to do with being a wow fanboy. You can't have pve and pvp in the same game and not allow people to spec for each. But i am completely against AC switching.

Really you cant? Thats funny since there are many games that do just that, and have done just that in the past......but god forbid a game doesnt follow WoW to the T....you are just proving you are indeed speaking as a fanboy, not necessarily because your love for wow, but you expect every last mechanic from the game you are used to to be used in the game your starting. Doesnt usually happen that way, sorry, embrace the new game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.