The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyro 1v1 pvp

oakamp

use this forum's articles, i improve my killing number to the top 3 with my pryo powertech in warzone, it is very useful.

now the question is: how to win vs a shadow/sage or other class without other support.

could u plz give me the advise?

If you have all your CD's available it should be no problem.

This is my build, pretty basic.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMZMsMZfhRbkGhMc.1

I gave up TD to put more points into fire abilities since FB is really the most used ability we have. Make sure you stack crit and surge as much as possible. Get the Eliminator set for the 15% crit to RS increase. To answer your question though;

Against shadow they will more than likely get the jump on you, just determination out of it pop Energy shield and Kolto Overload. After that just hit him with Carbonize, he should blow is un-CC cd. Watch the resolve bar once he frees himself, if its not maxed, use Electro Dart, if it is you can begin with your opening and then hit him with Electro Dart once the Resolve is lower. The opening should be Explosive Fuel and your trinket (preferably the +crit/surge trinket) follow by IM and RS. After that just the standard rotation of RP, FB, and using RS whenever it procs. Also, keep IM up if you can to prevent his runaway move, its still buggy so he will probably run anywaysandget away. If he doesnt, well then you should steam roll through the shadow.

Same basic concept against a sage, the main difference will be the start, if they are out of range then grapple, if close enough then save it. Same opening, get in close and carbonize. Then Electro Dart, blow offensive buff CDs, and then go to town. Make sure to use Quell everytime you can and you see their cast bar going. You should get them to low enough health that they will try to flee, way to they use their speed away ability (sorry don't know name) then grapple right after they do that. And just finish them off.

Honestly, in a true 1v1, I don't really have any trouble with any classes except maybe OPs and IAs (depending on their gear). I am sitting at just about 11% expertise, something like 574expertise.

use this forum's articles, i improve my killing number to the top 3 with my pryo powertech in warzone, it is very useful.

now the question is: how to win vs a shadow/sage or other class without other support.

could u plz give me the advise?

1) Explosive Fuels

2) Crit Relic

3) Power Adrenal

4) Thermal Detonator

5) Flame Burst

6) Railshot

7) Rocket Punch

there, you just did 10k damage

Quell spam, nuff said

Save grapple/charge/electrodart when they sprint away

Or: dont be a stupid hero and get your team to help you

what does "spam" mean?

like a spam email??

keep pushing quell??

ps: my english is poor.

Edited by oakamp

Well duh... as if any range wont kite every time they can....

Just use ur trinks, adrenals, cds I found myself one shotting ALOT of people xD

Well duh....cute. Maybe read the previous post about the person not being able to understand English very well, that way you might actually sound smart when you try to criticize someone.

Edited by Mormi

Against Sorcs/SAges just remember -

- Always plan as if their CC breaker will be up, meaning your 4-sec stun will just be another interrupt, and not a 4-sec stun.

- Therefore, due to CD times, use Quell > Electro-Dart > Quell to interrupt spells

- Grapple immediately after you get KBd

- Do not bother interrupting Telekinetic Throw; if you damage them while they're casting it, it won't do full damage anyway. Interrupt their heals, Disturbance and Mind Crush. If fighting a healer, only interrupt their longer heal; their shorter one doesn't heal enough to cover your DPS, and their channeled heal is on a CD and won't heal for the full amount if you DPS them while they're casting it. Their long-cast heal can easily crit for a third of their HP though, that's not acceptable.

- For maximum burst use the combo TD > FB > RS. Extremely handy to time when they're at less than half health and your interrupt is not on CD, almost a sure way to end the fight.

I'm 620 expertise in full champ gear and have never lost a duel to battlemaster sorcs/sages, all things being equal. Rather epic time I had beating a BM Sage 4 times in a row in 1v1s in an Alderaan as most of the rest of both sides watched (we were winning by a large margin and the game was minutes till ending, it was just for epeen). Last of the 4 duels she even grabbed a red PvP buff, still lost.

Just have to know how to shut them down, and a Pyro has the tools to do it.

Edited by Mhak

Learn to strafe and kite. This is going to be your number one defense against other melee. Your CGI will pretty much keep them perma-snared so use it, try and keep them at the 10m mark and weave in now and then for rocket punch.

Learn which abilities to interrupt, post above mine is an excellent summary on how to handle sorcs/sages.

Learn to strafe and kite. This is going to be your number one defense against other melee. Your CGI will pretty much keep them perma-snared so use it, try and keep them at the 10m mark and weave in now and then for rocket punch.

Learn which abilities to interrupt, post above mine is an excellent summary on how to handle sorcs/sages.

CGI???

only know CGC