So the newly 50's expect to be treated like royalty because?

Zhaker

This is the response the here in regards to PvP gear being lowered.

So I am taking that people who just reached 50, expected their class to hold their own and win against 50's who have been there for a long time. Are you guys serious here?

This would be akin to saying, being a level 50 I should be able to do nightmare EV and nightmare KP IMMEDIATELY?!?!?!

So if that is the case:

- Why do we have hard Flashpoint modes?

- Why do we have hard or nightmare Operation mode?

- Why do we need to farm them to get Tionese/Columi/Rataka gear?

But before we go there, let's try this scenario:

So say we had no PvP gear (so no BM/Champ/Cent gear at all), so it'd become a PvE gear situation. So are you guys telling me that a fully newly minted 50 would have some chance in hell against a fully geared Rataka/Columni/Tion Geared 50?

If not are you going to lower their stats as well? And you going to lower the dps and enrage timer for the Operations for hard and nightmare despite that its already buggy as hell?

Because this is going to be one big cluster *beep*.

Cry some more, you are qq cause you can only win with expertise gear and not player skill.

They are tryin to make this more skill based and not gear based, sounds like if not for your expertise pvp gear, you'd be terribad and get wrecked...

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the people crying about this are the people who arent PVP'ing for the challange. They PVP because they have so much free time on there hand that lack of skill wont matter in how long it takes to get there gear cause there grinding it for 12+ hours a day. All so they can get the best gear so they can no skill facroll on new 50's and joke about how there noobs because they couldent damage you. While on the other hand anyone with decent gear and common sence will outplay them eveytime.

Yes to these fools killing undergeared lvl 50's is the same to them as killing fully geared lvl 50's because they can fool themselfs of the difficulty of there kill.

This dosent work in the PVE world as killing a level 10 world boss on dramund kass isent gonna fool anybody when skilled players are downing new content in the operations.

Sorry guys but theres no switch called easymode in this game. If you want to win in pvp warzones looks like your gonna have to coordinate and work for it.

NOT TRUE im not arguing becase the gear will get nerfed im arguing because they want it to be EASIER TO GET if u want to nerf Expertise go ahead but DO NOT MAKE IT EASIER TO GET! thats what im saying! i dont want ppl to get at level 50 and get full pvp epics cause they are whiners i want ppl to work for it like i did if ur argument is that expertise is too strong, go ahead and nerf it to 5 % and buff the other Stats ill be laghting...

JUST DONT GIVE IT EASYER TO ALL THE WHINNERS THAT DINGED 50 thats just stupid.

Yes, let's equate A GAME WHICH YOU PAY FOR to work, WHERE YOU GET PAID.

Fail harder, my friend. Please.

Oh, and /pwned

Let's make minimalism of every argument is silly leet speak and irrelevant rhetoric. Some people enjoy putting effort into everything, be it what they play, where they work, what they collect. Some people enjoy the challenge. Some people, dare I say, don't want anything handed to them, but to have the satisfaction of earning it.

Some people just like to be carried for a free ride.

Dude, gas...grass...or...one way or another, you're gonna pay for this ride XD

The purpose is evident and clear, to most of us. Work=Reward

Haha, man this is hilarious. I still can't beleve it after all my years in various games that people that think like this are out there.

First, why would you want/need to WORK in a videogame as opposed to jumping in and having fun with or agianst friends? You ask for a game designers to actually force you into paying to work to get your virtual carrot. Just too funny...and somewhat sad at the same time because you're far, far from alone in this.

Second, once you got your carrot, you are one of those that think you achieved anything trough your skill? Can you understand that getting that gear is only down to time invested (yes i know, you WORKED HARD :D).

Any other game genre (other then MMO) is fun and rewarding to veteran players (wich in other games like UT,CS, Quake, GW, DotA, Starcraft, etc... really are winning due to skill and teamwork). Only in MMO's will you find players that think they deserve better tools then the other guy because they WORKED (LMAO) so hard.

Keep on working my friend, such a shame I can't get you to work for me same amount of hours. Hell i'd even let you work in my firm without monthly sub...

Edited by Cygann

and that seems to be the botton discution here ppl want gear to be free and not to work for it all the im getting beating up is an excuse so its up to BW to decide if they want to stop rewarding players for hard work and just give it all up.

TO ME if u want it ull work for it and stop the whining! so cry away for not having everything for free

I really don't have a dog in this fight, but a few things will happen if the top PVP gear takes a significant nerf in power.

The "hardcore" however you wish to define it pvp'ers will most certainly do operations in nightmare mode to get the top gear if it is better than the current pvp top tier. Generally and I'll compare to WOW since the games are very similar the top raiding guilds come from pvp servers likely from several factors so serious pvp guilds almost always are able to clear pve content.

Some things that all people that are "serious" about winning in PVP will do that many of the people that get rolled will not...is take any and all buffs or gear advantages they can get. Adrenals, Stims, grenades, medpacks etc.

They won't be clickers. Universally and I even do this for PVE semi serious players are going to have keybinds and in a situation of no macroing like what currently exists are going to be using things like the naga razer (I love you my naga) in order to have hardware macro workarounds. ***** all you want about how the game shouldn't have mouseover heals or macros but for a 200 bucks you can have them which most certainly puts people at a disadvantage.

As well they will have a clean tight interface...this isn't particularly possible in SWTOR currently since the UI is pretty much a POS, but in any situation where you can have an optimal interface or raidframes a "serious' player will have this. These things are coming maybe not to the level of Gladius or something, but almost certainly every PVE tank would love a target of target raid frame which certainly is helpful in PVP as well.

I am really not an avid PVP'er I hate arena style and do like objective based battlegrounds. The very nature of the gearing grind currently however supports arena style play. I play healers. Its the style I like. I chose poorly and took smuggler first. Smuggler is relatively difficult to obtain high medals in healing if that is your focus...compared to the trooper and to the OMG easymode sage. On my sage which of course is the last healer I am leveling its beyond easy to get 7 to 8 medals at level 30 in every warzone. Obviously some of this is because its my third toon leveling, however make no mistake their are glaring class balance issues. The sage is the disc priest of wow with the added ability to nuke like an arcane mage and control like a frost mage. If there were arenas all sage teams would be dominant. To have cases where there are vastly superior classes yet worrying about a few percent of gear it shows an interesting take by the development team.

Lastly no one likes the perceived feeling of wasted time or rewards that aren't rewards. Everyone expects a gear reset when a new tier comes out be it expansion time or season time. Your current top tier becomes easy for someone to get. You wipe all commendations etc. However to make the gear easier to obtain during the current timeframe its top tier within seems like performance punishment to those that have the gear. If thats an acceptable trade off so be it, but it is almost certainly how people in that gear are going to feel.

I am a newly minted 50. I pvp'd a fair bit through all levels. Even when 50s were pvping with the rest of the levels.

I had no issue with 50s in battlemaster before the bracket.

I have no issue with 50s in battlemaster now.

This game is catering to carebears. I do not like the road that is being traveled here.

When I want to pvp, I want it to be rough.

I want it to make me better.

I want it to allow other players to see me and say to themselves, "I want that person in the wz with me".

I want people to look around for me at the start of the wz, and feel a little better than i'm there, because I try.

I'm not seeing any reason for any nerf to pvp gear, other than a bunch of entitled whiney ***-holes won't shut up long enough to play.

I will most likely not continue my sub when its done. I can't abide a game being ruled by the loudest whiniest gamers on the planet, who just want everything now.

If you want pillows fights get the **** out of my pvp.

If you want a rough wild ride, I'll see you in the warzone.

Get some game *****es.

This is the first outcry of casual gamers in this particular game. Entire games have been ruined catering to casuals. Some developers lose sight of the fact that a well made game will attract subscribers no matter what. They mistakenly believe that making a game easy makes it more accessible. The very second this game goes.the route of WoW, they will lose my subscription.

This is the first outcry of casual gamers in this particular game. Entire games have been ruined catering to casuals. Some developers lose sight of the fact that a well made game will attract subscribers no matter what. They mistakenly believe that making a game easy makes it more accessible. The very second this game goes.the route of WoW, they will lose my subscription.

Most gamers are casual. HTH.

Is there any Devs post about changing the pvp gear or is this just another rumor by the way?

The dev says they want to adjust the gear gap on PvP gear in the thread the OP linked.

What this tells me is they plan on designating a "50 PvP starter kit" that would supply a decent amount of Expertise. If this is true, I hope they make it so we can farm it before we hit 50.

I am a newly minted 50. I pvp'd a fair bit through all levels. Even when 50s were pvping with the rest of the levels.

This game is catering to carebears. I do not like the road that is being traveled here.

I want it to allow other players to see me and say to themselves, "I want that person in the wz with me".

I want people to look around for me at the start of the wz, and feel a little better than i'm there, because I try.

I'm not seeing any reason for any nerf to pvp gear, other than a bunch of entitled whiney ***-holes won't shut up long enough to play.

I will most likely not continue my sub when its done. I can't abide a game being ruled by the loudest whiniest gamers on the planet, who just want everything now.

If you want pillows fights get the **** out of my pvp.

If you want a rough wild ride, I'll see you in the warzone.

Get some game *****es.

Great post, and that sums up my feelings for the most part. While I'm against a huge gear advantage, some increase in stats due to gear is appropriate. Frankly, I think I had more fun in WZs when the 50s were in there with me. Sure, I got beat up a bit, but I generally played with a higher grade of opponents. There's nothing like a good challenge to improve my skills (which NEED improving). One of the things I don't like about huge stat advantages is that it's harder to tell why I'm getting whupped... is it the gear, or the skill of my opponent?

G.T.F.O. of warzones and get out into the open world (Ilum is not Open World) if you want actual REAL "rough" PVP. Otherwise, S.T.F.U.

Carebears are the ones whining about this change. PVPers welcome it.

Edited by -Fenix

Fixed.

This is what actual PVPers want. Skill should determine battles' outcomes, not gear.

Fixed to cater to your agenda.

However, just from glancing at forum threads and the backlash associated with the news that PvP gear might be getting nerfed, I would say your school of thought is the minority unfortunately.

Haha, man this is hilarious. I still can't beleve it after all my years in various games that people that think like this are out there.

First, why would you want/need to WORK in a videogame as opposed to jumping in and having fun with or agianst friends?

It's fun to be challenged, some people are opposed to anything being difficult, and it's that mentality I don't understand. I love to fish, I love when I'm 100 miles out and it feels like the edge of the world, though it takes forever to get there and you have to tread through so many millions of gallons of water, and I could have just fished from the shore for a common blue fish or mutton snapper, but I know that the 100 mile mark where the floor of the ocean drops off I've a chance, a small chance not guarantee, for something truly rare. Having fought a Marlin and lost, having fought a 500lb halibut and won; in the end the rewards for those truly rare moments of life have been equal to the challenge in achieving them.

On the game front, developers have been applying this mentality to games since, well pong. If you want to use first person shooters as a cornerstone of your retort, and imply there is no reward system on any first person shooter currently on the market, I'd simply direct your attention to COD, any guise, MW3, Warhammer 2k, ect. Every game has a system in place for ranking and rewards, the more effort you spend, the more rewards you get.

To, in any shape or form, belittle that most common of life's concepts, is silly. We're not equal, though we may have started with the same potential, somewhere along the line we applied our potential in different directions, and some never even try to apply their potential. They expect everything to be given to them.

Do I have fun playing the game? When it works, sure. Did I have my PvP gear handed to me? Not at all. I'm a Republic Gunslinger, I picked the side because I knew it would be the least represented side, I picked the class because I knew it would be the least favorable class. If people like me, who casually game, can do OK have 3 full champion sets and be nearly at battle master playing against the odds and imbalances in the game, then I've no sympathy or compassion for anyone complaining it can't be done or that it needs to be made simpler. It wasn't challenging enough, as it was, rather mediocre to be honest, and it's ludicrous people are having difficulties with the system. I was one of the last people in my guild to hit 50, and even then we were facing teams of Imperials that were full battle master gear, we in our greens and oranges no expertise, so there is not a lot of difference between then, and now. Except for these braying curds that complain everything is too damn hard.

More of those lately.

The purpose is evident and clear, to most of us. Work=Reward, and PvP gear provides people that PvP a system of rewards and tiers that we want to achieve so that at the end of the trek we all, who have made the journey, are on equal footing and we may test our skills against one another. For those who didn't bother to do the prerequisites? It's like expecting to be promoted to CEO from the mail office, do you really expect that to happen?

Apparently, some of you do :/

You had only one word correct in your statement and that was skill. If you have skill you don't need to worry about gear. The only ones crying are the ones relying on gear.

END OF DEBATE!

Edited by arbehrends

This is the response the here in regards to PvP gear being lowered.

So I am taking that people who just reached 50, expected their class to hold their own and win against 50's who have been there for a long time. Are you guys serious here?

Chances are, some of us "new" 50s have PvP'd more than you "old" 50s.

PvP should be about skill, not time. Having no life and spending 20 hrs / day @ PvP doesn't make you good.

Stop crying about real PvP being creating in SWTOR. Learn to play without your crutch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.