Pvp cheating or exploit or something

Darren-Wright

I would venture a guess that there were a couple well placed healers keeping his health full and that the reason his bar didn't drop was because of a graphics lag. By you stating that you placed the bomb I can assume this is on the voidstar map somewhere. There are spots by pillars and what not that will make it so the healer is not instantly noticable.

On my vanguard if I pair up with a good healer it takes a minimum of 3 people to take me down if they don't have heals and I am only level 16.

see i can see the logic to this , but then how come he didnt die at all, now in 2 games had him, same guy cylon bounty hunter, deaths = none

and 4 of us all high specced all using every ability and he not only stays full health but kills us all.

I can understand if there was healers i couldnt see or some how hidden how that could make it seem like it did and there are graphical glitchs.. but for 4 of us to say and see same thing and that .. it doesnt add up .. and its so strange and wierd

But its a good point. just .. unlikely to the extent it was.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell you from experience in MMOs, that what you describe is a possible hack / exploit.

However, unless you can prove it is one with some kind of evidence it is just here say.

Also, the other poster could also be correct that he was being healed by higher level players.

As an example, in SWG we had entertainers that provided buffs for combat in the form of aadded armor and stats. There was a way to break game mechanics by going incapped right after or before the buff expired that you could make the buffs stack. So peeps could stack say dodge really high and basically nearly every attack would miss.

If you want to, subscribe to a good hack site, and find out what is posted and then come back here and report it to the devs. Or create your own blog and provide links to it. This way it will get attention and fixed, "soon".

I'll give this guy the benefit of the doubt, as I've seen some strange things myself too, like imps scoring two times at once on Huttball, or me losing the ball to an imp player without dying or even touching the "pass the ball" button nor using any stealth ability (and yes, I reported it). I'm not saying that it's something that only happens imp side, but there's some cheesy things happening right now, and that's why I wouldn't be surprised to see any exploit like the one that the OP describes.

Cheers.

you see the imps crying blue murder all the time about things they want done and i point out a legimate real problem and the imps all rally in to attack it.

Theres defo something helping them and they dont want people to know about it

ive reported it in a ticket .. this seriously needs sorted and fast

Well, might I suggest then that you don't start off by making wild insane statements that place you in the 'tin foil hat' whiners club?

I mean telling us about a guy you think is exploiting is one thing, then you try to magically make it a 'imps screwing you' gig, which hacks don't pick factions, they are on both sides, so trying to cause strife there doesn't help you. Then you make a mind melting comment to say that dev's are god mod'ing in a WZ just to wreck your day...and to do it in FAVOR of imps....Keep your mud to yourself unless you want to be dressed down in it.

I'll give this guy the benefit of the doubt, as I've seen some strange things myself too, like imps scoring two times at once on Huttball, or me losing the ball to an imp player without dying or even touching the "pass the ball" button nor using any stealth ability (and yes, I reported it). I'm not saying that it's something that only happens imp side, but there's some cheesy things happening right now, and that's why I wouldn't be surprised to see any exploit like the one that the OP describes.

Cheers.

Scoring twice sounds like a speed hack gone wild. The taking of the ball might be some form of a speed / clipping hack.

Unfortunately it is not difficult for cheaters to get cheats and there are plenty of semi-pro hackers that run sites selling the hacks for monthly fees.

The other sad side is that MMO companies are too slow and too lazy in most cases to act quickly. Gotta ask yourself how hard it can be for a corporation to set up an alias person with a credit card for getting access to these sites for monitoring what is being posted so that they can fix stuff.

Then the other sadder part is many times it is developers working on the game that contribut to / run hack sites to make money and have been known to even put hacks in games to sell / share with friends.

I would not at all be suprised if a large portion of Imperial players are in some way associated like a hackers / griefers club as has been done on EVE and RealLife.

if this was baseless and made up, why would i name the player

im a guild master of a over 150 member guild in luka sene,

I have no reason to make up a story about a pvp match.

Trust me i have a lot better things to do with my night like trying to get to 50.

and maybe a lot of players record all there pvp games but i dont. And i bet most of the players in game are not recording there every move. not one of my guild are doing this from just asking them.

I swear down that this is some kind of cheat or hack or exploit or something bugged to hell.

And i wouldnt of put it here unless i was seriously peeved out about it and thought it to be a problem in game that needs fixed or investigated.

ive made a ticket and now ill just wait to hear back from bioware.

If anyone else has some kind of plausable reason to try and explain wat has happened which i dont think can be explained away. Then add it. But please dont troll nor flame, i was in the match and you werent. And flaming for stupid reasons wats the pointof it but to try and diverge attention away from the real problem.

:csw_destroyer:

If anyone else has some kind of plausable reason to try and explain wat has happened which i dont think can be explained away. Then add it. But please dont troll nor flame, i was in the match and you werent. And flaming for stupid reasons wats the pointof it but to try and diverge attention away from the real problem.

The point is that none of us know what happened, because you have provided no proof.

If you are concerned about the thread being deleted feel free to PM me proof instead.

If you expect any accusations which you make to be believed automatically without anything to back them up either you are far too arrogant or you are just inexperienced.

Not believing you is not trolling, it's not flaming, nor is it proof that people who don't believe you exploit.

if this was baseless and made up, why would i name the player

im a guild master of a over 150 member guild in luka sene,

I have no reason to make up a story about a pvp match.

Trust me i have a lot better things to do with my night like trying to get to 50.

and maybe a lot of players record all there pvp games but i dont. And i bet most of the players in game are not recording there every move. not one of my guild are doing this from just asking them.

I swear down that this is some kind of cheat or hack or exploit or something bugged to hell.

And i wouldnt of put it here unless i was seriously peeved out about it and thought it to be a problem in game that needs fixed or investigated.

ive made a ticket and now ill just wait to hear back from bioware.

Filing a ticket will get you no where.

If you really believe it is a hack you have to know the following:

1. Learn how to make the hack work.

2. Test it is game and make sure it works.

3. Create a fraps of you or some one else using it.

4. Call Bioware on the phone and demand to speak to an engineer or developer and find a way to transmit the information to them through offical channels.

Sounds unbelievable but a quick swtor defense hack youtube search finds a video of low level stuff pve'ing and taking sfa damage.

It should be something thats looked into at least, i wouldnt go off of 1 youtube vid and a forum post. Clearly if other posts have been looked into, they'll be working on it.

Cheers.

Appreciate your words, and can only say again wat ive continually been saying, that i wouldnt of posted it on here if i wasnt annoyed about this and wanting it fixed as its a seriously bad thing to happen in pvp.

ive seen a player loose the ball in hutball and they have said i didnt pass it, and ive just thought they maybe pushed it by mistake.

but your comments are making me rethink .. i wouldnt know the first thing about a hack im decent with computers but im not that into programming or watever.

And if they have got some form of hack into a brand new game .. thats a worry and a half.

in eve online, a dev lead a sancha sattack and he was almost impossible to kill, in star trek online a dev drove a borg sphere and it took dozens of us to bring it down.

I wander if it could be a dev that has moded him self too ..

may not be but its certainly strange and usaully it lets you know if a dev is gonna do this.

Sounds unbelievable but a quick swtor defense hack youtube search finds a video of low level stuff pve'ing and taking sfa damage.

It should be something thats looked into at least, i wouldnt go off of 1 youtube vid and a forum post. Clearly if other posts have been looked into, they'll be working on it.

My quick search yeilded that there is a cheat engine that might provide access to the health value address in memory and allow you to freeze it so that you cannot take damage. However I think that value is stored server side so probably not and interesting none the less.

Edited by Quinlynn

Filing a ticket will get you no where.

If you really believe it is a hack you have to know the following:

1. Learn how to make the hack work.

2. Test it is game and make sure it works.

3. Create a fraps of you or some one else using it.

4. Call Bioware on the phone and demand to speak to an engineer or developer and find a way to transmit the information to them through offical channels.

i appreciate you trying to help, but id be to scared of ruining my game or being banned for trying this. plus i dont have a scooby about em and dont really want to know about em.

and i have no proof as i dont record my game playing i can only swear that this happened and im not a mind changing story telling geniuse im a guild master trying to help his members and get to 50 him self as with running around ihelping peeps im just 44 still lol but i got a few different chars to.

my pc is strained enough with our teamspean and game and website going without a full videoing thing going on. The space that take to record every time i played as well lol.

My pc is not bad but its not amazing with unlimited memory or space for things either.

i appreciate you trying to help, but id be to scared of ruining my game or being banned for trying this. plus i dont have a scooby about em and dont really want to know about em.

and i have no proof as i dont record my game playing i can only swear that this happened and im not a mind changing story telling geniuse im a guild master trying to help his members and get to 50 him self as with running around ihelping peeps im just 44 still lol but i got a few different chars to.

my pc is strained enough with our teamspean and game and website going without a full videoing thing going on. The space that take to record every time i played as well lol.

My pc is not bad but its not amazing with unlimited memory or space for things either.

If all you do is testing with a real friend and do it in an isolated location, none to report anything. BW has already proven that they are not monitoring their game for speed hacks etc.

My quick search yeilded that there is a cheat engine that might provide access to the health value address in memory and allow you to freeze it so that you cannot take damage.

well i wouldnt advise copying it as it might corrupt your game or something id of thought.

But this bounty Hnter took no damage from 4 high levels on his ***.

He also did tones of damage to me and im a fully defense tank.

So this goes half of the play of possibly explaing it.

well i wouldnt advise copying it as it might corrupt your game or something id of thought.

But this bounty Hnter took no damage from 4 high levels on his ***.

He also did tones of damage to me and im a fully defense tank.

So this goes half of the play of possibly explaing it.

FYI most attacks (any yellow damage numbers) ignore defense & shield.

Only white damage (kinetic & energy) has a chance to be stopped / reduced by tank stats.

Think ive seen a guy with the same nick at my server but assasin who was glitching voidstar doors before patch (nick coincidence ?). You know kinda hiding into textures to arm or disram bomb and not taking dmg from ppl around (think that was fixed actually). Also seen ppl at voidstar they were glitching ships textures around preventing from taking dmg and were able to deal dmg themselves.

I'm kinda surprised that you all ppl are so hard to belive that others uses glitches. Play more maybe you will see it. On the other hand the guy who made a post chill man report bugs and glitches and dont make a big deal from it. If few players report one person he will be "looked into" and banned if he cheats. Good thing is that i havent seen many glitches so far means bioware does the good job.

You'll score twice in Huttball sometimes if your player got pulled into the endzone and it didn't count as a score.

This sometimes leads to a "double" score the next time they score, as the scoreboard will rectify itself.

Nobody pulled the ball carrier to the endzone, he just ran straight to the line. Also, it was their first score with the first ball after the start of the match, and it didn't correct itself later either. The problem with the ball happened in that same match too, and I also saw someone being CC'ed for an insane amount of time (I've experienced this myself too, and it's not being constantly CC'ed, but being left there stunned for minutes with no CC breaker or /stuck command). You'll agree that that's a lot of coincidences for a single match, and that's why I said that I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone being invulnerable (be it a glitch, an exploit or a hack).

Cheers.

Edited by Lethemback

Darren, the only thing making the game one sided is the animations used on the Empire side. Everything is faster. Force Lightening > Telekinetic Throw. Just an example lol.

Oh by the way, the Bounty Hunter could have just been spamming Tracer Missile. Does ridiculous amounts of damage for no heat. Just pew pew pew pew. Now I can't really explain his health bar, but exploits are something that happens every now and then.