Early access is a joke

JerryV

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a link stating wave invites over a period of days depending on pre order dates? If so i shoulda read better but i read what was in my face and that definetly wasn't and i have pre ordered and played many ega releases and this has never happened before.

Ladies & Gentleman, clearly 5 days was posted in the sentence.

If it makes you all feel intelligent correcting this poor chap who just wants to play the game.

Cuddos to you,

I on the other hand take gaming seriously and don't enjoy scam marketing campaigns in games. Sure it works well in fast food or business corporations but were talking about a video game here..

Quite sad really.

Imagine this:

You will gain Early Game Access five days before the official game launch date

Nice and simple :)

it's KUDOS and what marketing scam??

Pretty hard to slice that wording as anything other than misleading advertising.

I'm quite sure that some sort of compensation from Bioware/EA will have to be made to anyone who isn't allowed in today.

Most countries in the EU have fairly strict rules concerning advertising and I think a reasonable person reading the pre-launch advert would reasonably be expected to be allowed to play today...the 15th, 5 days prior to launch on the 20th.

-Gooney

IT IS NOT MISLEADING. It is clear, concise, and its happening exactly as stated.

Its been explained ad nauseum. Any reasonable person had read the advertisement and understood completely that he or she MIGHT get 5 days of early access. No where does it say that everyone will get all 5 days.

Can someone explain to me why he is complaining he didn't get in 6 days early? 6 is more than 5 last I checked and there is a good chance he will get in today, which of course would be 5 days early..

But yes, "up to" 5 days early means that it COULD be less than that. It is not Bioware's fault all he ready was "5 days early" because that's NOT what was stated.

When you win the lottery, you could win "up to" a (depending) million dollars. That does not mean you should QQ every time you win the lottery because you didn't get the whole million.

Edited by NobodyParticular
added more

Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.

There ya go. this was the pre-order email everyone recieved. I highlighted the sentence for you.

Pretty hard to slice that wording as anything other than misleading advertising.

I'm quite sure that some sort of compensation from Bioware/EA will have to be made to anyone who isn't allowed in today.

Most countries in the EU have fairly strict rules concerning advertising and I think a reasonable person reading the pre-launch advert would reasonably be expected to be allowed to play today...the 15th, 5 days prior to launch on the 20th.

-Gooney

Maybe some in Europe would not understand the "english" phase..."Up to"? Just saying. :cool:

Hey, JerryV, please come back in here and explain what was misrepresented by Bioware! Convince us that your arguement is just and you are correct, instead of running and hiding after your drive-by posts.

I'm sorry about you if you can't get it. Everyone who wait this game and read about yearly access announce said "you will able up to 5 days early" expect access on 5 days yearly not four, not three or one days. Isn't it?

The only reason why I got preordered this game is early access announce.

Sure thing I read about UP TO. But I didn't expect that UP TO to be on 4,3,2 or 1 days before launch.

It's a trap! © Typical and cheap.

Why they didn't say the truth about waves and other crap like that in announce of early access. And you know why? Of corse you know. They would never get so many pre-order sales in November/December in that case.

Upto five days to the mmo community means due to tech difficulties not this crap, the games is fine but only some people can play today, maybe you tommorow or the next.

From the email I got BEFORE preordering:

• Early Game Access - create your character and explore the universe first.

The order in which you purchase and redeem your Pre-Order Code is the order in which you will gain early access to the game, prior to official launch day.

• A unique Color Stone to change your weapon effect - only available via pre-order.

Hope this helps....

Here's at least one of their official announcements, that I easily located in about 30 seconds under the "News and Articles" link, stating that early access would be in order of pre-order date. It's from the first week of November.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111104-0

I also received an email on December 6th giving the same details stated in the above article, and informing me of the early access start date and email notification. December 6th is very late for an announcement, I will admit, but it's not like this whole early access thing was "pulled over" on you or a fraud or anything.

I'm sure there were other press releases and forum posts that I don't care to take more time to find.

Hey you arm chair lawyers and grammer experts.

Advertising boldly a 5 day pre-play period and then adding the two words "up to" in the small print in the paragraph below still constitutes "bait n switch" advertising.

The average consumer isn't expected to be responsible for technicalities and loopholes fully lawyered suppliers can throw at them. Now no one is going to take anyone to court over 1 day. But this isn't exactly what I would call "off to a good start" on Biowares part with some of its customers.

Edited by Bach-Purge

I'm sorry about you if you can't get it. Everyone who wait this game and read about yearly access announce said "you will able up to 5 days early" expect access on 5 days yearly not four, not three or one days. Isn't it?

Sure thing I read about UP TO. But I didn't expect that UP TO to be on 4,3,2 or 1 days before launch.

Why they didn't say the truth about waves and other crap like that in announce of early access. And you know why? Of corse you know. They would never get so many pre-order sales in November/December in that case.

I understood it perfectly well.

View my post above about the EGA email. that also states it in a different way in hopes that people understand.

I am deffinately getting tired of the same posts about people not being able to comprehend what is clearly stated.

It's like buying a car then later complaining that you have to pay interest because you did not read the agrrement.

The statement is not misleading, its deceptive marketing.

clever wording.

up to = may

but up to looks better and is easily missed :p

I beg to differ, MAY and MAYBE have a different meaning to UP TO

The first 2 indicate that something might or might not happen (as in, you could play 5 days earlier or not); while the second means YOU WILL PLAY X NUMBER OF DAYS EARLIER WHERE X EQUALS A NUMBER BETWEEN 1 AND 5

so where is the false advertising? Really, I think you should sue EA, because I want to see you lose the trial and have to pay court expenses and getting counter sued for slander

Oh that's bull. Everyone who "wait this game" and read about early access annouce said that "you will be able UP TO 5 DAYS early...should be expecting to play from 1 to 5 days early. NOT 5 EXACT DAYS EARLY.

I get it. You and the others think that they are entitled to more that was promised. Insulting Bioware and anyone else that understood, completely, is your way of lashing out at your own weaknesses and lack of comprehension.

They stated exactly the way it was going to happen, and its happening exactly the way they stated it would. Bioware did not lie, did not lay a trap, is not practicing bad marketing.

Advertising boldly a 5 day pre-play period and then adding the two words "up to" in the small print in the paragraph below still constitutes "bait n switch" advertising.

The average consumer isn't expected to be responsible for technicalities and loopholes fully lawyered suppliers can throw at them. Now no one is going to take anyone to court over 1 day. But this isn't exactly what I would call "off to a good start" on Biowares part with some of its customers.

Hey, Mr. Armchair Lawyer. No it doesn't. The two statements were inclusive of each other.

Well said, many angry people, the only happy people are the ones in the game.

I understood it perfectly well.

View my post above about the EGA email. that also states it in a different way in hopes that people understand.

I am deffinately getting tired of the same posts about people not being able to comprehend what is clearly stated.

It's like buying a car then later complaining that you have to pay interest because you did not read the agrrement.

Bad analogy. Loan interests are an openly negotiated point of the sale. This is more like the salesmen telling you you can come by tommarrow and pick the car up. Only when you get there the next day and not get the car because the dealership shows you fine print. That fine print saying that they don't have to honor what the salesmen lead you to believe.

Edited by Bach-Purge