Force Pushed, Force Leaped, Force Choked and still not Immune?

Petrus

This exact sequence happened to me in an Alderaan match:

Force Pushed (down for 2 seconds), Force Leaped (immobilized for 2 seconds) and Force Choked (immobilized for 3 seconds)...and still I did not have a full resolve bar.

Oh really?

By the time the choke ended, I was all but dead. 5 seconds later, I was dead.

I love the resolve concept. But the way in which resolve builds needs to be adjusted. At present, this is not a Player vs. Player engagement...In order for this to be actual PvP, I would at least like the opportunity to fight back.

Suggestion: Increase the rate at which the above CC's build resolve. This would allow for the two CC's, but not the third.

And Force Choke is a CC....I don't care what your "lore" is.

Edited by Petrus

The resolve mechanic only really works when you're fully geared, then you might live long enough and have enough HP for it to make a difference. That is, assuming that it actually works. There are many instances where I'll have a full resolve bar and I'm still getting CC'd left and right.

The resolve mechanic only really works when you're fully geared, then you might live long enough and have enough HP for it to make a difference. That is, assuming that it actually works. There are many instances where I'll have a full resolve bar and I'm still getting CC'd left and right.

I'm not taking about the damage. I'm talking about the number of CC's it takes to build full resolve. Three CC's and still not immune to further stun-lock? Why even have resolve if it can't prevent stun-lock?

Edited by Petrus

I'm not taking about the damage. I'm talking about the number of CC's it takes to build full resolve. Three CC's and still not immune to further stun-lock? Why even have resolve if it can't prevent stun-lock?

That's basically what I'm saying. By the time the resolve bar actually fills up, I've typically died 1.5 times.

No idea how the OP post happened, im not calling it a lie or BS or anything but as far as i know it takes exactly 2 CC's to complete the resolve bar ( excluding snares, snares dont count )

BTW :::: Snares are movement speed reducing abilities, not stuns/knock-downs etc . IE. a 100% snare may look like a stun but it is NOT a stun thus will not increase the resolve bar

Ive never had the OP happen to me, i always wait the first cc out and then cc break the second cc so as to have some cc immune time.

Takes exactly 2 CC's to fill the bar, bug maybe ?

This exact sequence happened to me in an Alderaan match:

Force Pushed (down for 2 seconds), Force Leaped (immobilized for 2 seconds) and Force Choked (immobilized for 3 seconds)...and still I did not have a full resolve bar.

Oh really?

By the time the choke ended, I was all but dead. 5 seconds later, I was dead.

I love the resolve concept. But the way in which resolve builds needs to be adjusted. At present, this is not a Player vs. Player engagement...In order for this to be actual PvP, I would at least like the opportunity to fight back.

Suggestion: Increase the rate at which the above CC's build resolve. This would allow for the two CC's, but not the third.

And Force Choke is a CC....I don't care what your "lore" is.

Roots are not effected by the resolve system, only moves that make it that you can not control your character, while rooted you can still do other things.

The real problem is that the resolve bar takes a while to begin diminishing, and it will only consider diminishing when you're not being hit by a CC, and you are only immune the moment the bar is filled.

The resolve bar should make you immune the moment it fills, not some time after.

http://taugrim.com/2012/01/04/understanding-swtors-resolve-mechanic/

Stuns give 200 Resolve per second of the stun.

Mez (breaks on damage) gives 100 Resolve per second.

Knockbacks and pulls generate 400 Resolve.

Force Push

800 resolve ... 400 (knockback) + 200 x 2 (2 sec knockdown)

Force Leap

0 resolve ... snares/roots give no resolve and resolve gives no snare/root immunity

Force Choke

600 resolve ... 200 x 3 sec

When you reach or exceed the Resolve threshold of 1000, 50% additional Resolve is generated for the CC ability. So a 4-second stun generates 800 Resolve and if it goes over 1000 you get an extra 400. So two 4-second stuns used back to back will generate 2000 Resolve (800 + 1200).

800 + 600 * 1.5 = 1700

So you should have had 1700 resolve at the end of this combo

If you think this is not working you might try testing it out in a duel with somebody

No idea how the OP post happened, im not calling it a lie or BS or anything but as far as i know it takes exactly 2 CC's to complete the resolve bar ( excluding snares, snares dont count ).

Lying? You have got to be kidding. This happened. Hence the post, the frustration, and the suggestion for a change.

How to reproduce:

--Engage in a 1v1

--Force Push your opponent

--Force Leap at your opponent

--Force Choke your opponent

--Opponent's resolve bar will not be full

Edited by Petrus

This. There are abilities that don't let you move, but you can still act. Those don't count towards the resolve bar.

Helps to try to understand before you cry foul.

Oh, I understand the resolve system. That's why I posted in the first place.

In normative terms, the immobilization from this specific chain of attacks should not decide the outcome of an engagement before the opponent has a chance to respond in any way.

It's an "I win" button when executed correctly.

Edited by Petrus