Why do you waste your time in PvP?

Abimelech

I will quit a warzone if I pop into a 0-3 Hutball deficit or if it is a PUG that gets three capped in Alderaan. I get 2 hours to play a night and complete my daily and don't have time for fail. Normally I am in a group and don't have to worry about what the randoms do. If, however, I am solo and grouped with people who don't know what they were doing, I have no compunction at leaving them and actually making some progress toward my dailies.

i couldnt agree more

I quit when i see the other team has 5 mercs and 4 sorcs other then that i only quit when i see people farming medals and ignore objectives totaly and we get a 0-2 in Hutt / 2 cap in civil war or a 30 second into the voidstar warzone.

only thoese reasons make me /quit instandly and reque. woulnd you do the same ?

I dont have 12 hours a day to play SWTOR, i work hard to pay my bills and taxes.

So the free 2hours i have i want to have fun, not frustration :)

But SWTOR is getting frustration but thats another story not needed in this thread.

The people who quit a warzone are the people who are bad at PvP, and only do it for the wins.

Simple as that.

On the rare occasions that I quit a WZ, I've done it because I found the majority of the players in that particular WZ to be super bad, and therefore, continuing that warzone would truly be a waste of time.

This includes cases where all the members of my team rush the Mid turret, die, and one by one run back into mid to get slaughtered. This is after I capped West, and asked some to try East... and seeing nothing but lemmings run into center. Tell me that's not a waste of time.

I don't mind losing. Being beat by a better team is fine as long as we gave it a good try. But losing because of the complete incompetence of your team is another story. I don't like to AFK a WZ, but in bad cases like that, it's either AFK or leave.

It's just another perspective to consider.

For those on the time crunch I still don't like that you quit but at least I understand it. Its okay that I don't like it, you're not playing to please me and I would be more than a fool to suggest otherwise. But hey in all seriousness, at least you have a more valid reason than most to quit a WZ.

Personally I have never, never quitted a warzone and im about to hit valor 60, unless I got a weird dc but that is something bioware needs to fix, not me...

I dont give a damn if im 0-5 down in hutball or a door is smashed in like 1min in voidstar or my opponents are stronger then me, I see it as a way of practising and seeing what my opponent strengths are, weaknesses and what I can do against them.

What I do dislike is random players joining up and saying *** are you doing or saying IDIOT against you if they dont know what they are talking about or doing in a warzone. that is what the newbies who actually are willing to learn scares away.

Gz

Edited by Darkdanjal

Personally I have never, never quitted a warzone and im about to hit valor 60, unless I got a weird dc but that is something bioware needs to fix, not me...

I dont give a damn if im 0-5 down in hutball or a door is smashed in like 1min in voidstar or my opponents are stronger then me, I see it as a way of practising and seeing what my opponent strengths are, weaknesses and what I can do against them.

What I do dislike is random players joining up and saying *** are you doing or saying IDIOT against you if they dont know what they are talking about or doing in a warzone. that is what the newbies who actually are willing to learn scares away.

Gz

I'm the same way. The only time I've quit a Warzone is when I accidently queue without my group due to the stupid way premades are handled, but even then I do it at the beginning so it doesn't mess with anyone in the WZ.

Yeah, the random "*** Noobs!" or "You guys suck" crowd really tick me off, especially since it's usually the one or two people that aren't contributing anything to the WZ that say it.

I actually find that throwing out one or two pointers does wonders in WZs. I remember a Huttball match I had where we were getting slaughtered. It was 0-3 pretty quickly. When I had the ball, I noticed that everyone was running behind me, waiting for the incinerators with me, and just not giving me anywhere to pass. So, I say over the ops channel "Hey, just run through the incinerators ahead of me so I can pass to you without going through them." Just like that, with only that one strategy, we became a well oiled machine. Everytime one of us got to an incinerator, there was always someone on the other side to pass to, who would then pass over the following incinerator to another guy who'd score. We ended up winning 6-3. :p

A lot of the time, I think people are just waiting for someone to take charge and give them sort of direction or strategy to cling to (even a bad one) without being an a** about it. Left to their own devices, people tend to medal farm or just do their own thing.

I love PVP - losing doesn't get to me as long as it's a decent match i.e. our team is working pretty well together but we are just getting beaten.

I like it when people see what needs to be done and start clicking and working together - the feeling of being able to turn things around and push it to the end is what makes PVP so exciting for me.

Medals etc are needless trinkets. If I leave a WZ having done a few good deeds then I have a smile on my face - I'm a Combat Medic, so keeping someone alive until back up arrives, or facing off against certain death but preventing a plant until the rest of the team turn up are a few things I consider to be my own 'medals'. I'd like to think if you play well it gets recognised by another player even if only for a few minutes, then that's what its all about.

Lol at people that need to win to play... I think they've lost the point of the fact that its a game and if theres no challenge, its just menial work. Probably the same people that complain about having to do anything twice etc. If you're so goal oriented then youre going to miss the journey, which is kind of the point of a game like this...

edit:

That said I enjoy being on a bad team, it lets me shine even more. I know we're not going to win but really if it gets to the point where I cant enjoy it in spite of losing I'll be quitting. Wont be soon tho!

Edited by salamanderx