[ UPDATE ] Needing PVP purpose update

Febibi

Many players have expressed concern over the last few weeks that there is no real objective in PVP. This causes problems becasue that leaves the only reason to play the game at 50 to gear grind or grief other players without any ranking system. Also there is no point in playing past 60 valor when you get battlemaster other than to do dailies for a chance at loot.

When can we expect a purpose to be implemented in game for PVP?

Will we begin to see gear requirements for valor gear other than to be 60 valor or 50 lvl?

Suggestions would be that as you level valor you are able to equip gear, this means that when you hit level 40 you may begin to wear centurion gear at level incriments. Hands at 40, bracers 41, feet 42, legs 43, etc... and then champion at 50-51-52-etc...and battlemaster at 60-61-62-63-etc... Thus giving reason to level and making players further earn the right to wear pvp gear obtained.

Suggestions for open world pvp would be obtaining all 5 points in the zone gives the entire realm a exp/valor bonus of say 15% or access to a specific dungeon. While this may prove troublesome for the unpopulated republic side of the game, you can recruit more republics by giving them a standard 15% leveling bonus for 2 weeks. What this will do is bring more players to their side in a hurry to get an advantage on leveling their toons that they will eventually want to use anyways. While they level they may fall in love with that side or make good friends and stay there.

Since BioWare took over EA/Mythic's moderation of Warhammer, many SWTOR players expected that there would be similar RVR/PVP objectives as found in warhammer. Many have been let down by the lack of reason to play the game at 50 other than gear grind. We would suggest that a major patch be implemented to give reason, be it a copy of their system in which EA owns the rights to, or a completely new and interesting system of open world PVP.

I am sure that you want to keep this game going for years to come and attract/retain players, but with the current system, you are losing players fast out of bordom. It may prove valueable to the BioWare team to have a podcast Q&A session with its customers again like the one made before release through BestBuy. While that session was a horrible mess due to BestBuy's servers being unable to support the masses... You could have a on your website session where players can interact with the dev's. or you could place an in game questionaire for people to comment to, and then have a team review the suggestions. If you were to do a questionaire for feedback, you could advertise it by server message, and then collect the data on a Sunday night, go over the data throughout the following week...gathering information, questions, comments, concerns and on Friday call a staff meeting to discuss the furture and how to retain your playerbase.

While many players all want their class to be better than the rest for personal selfish reasons of being king, we all know that the health of the game requires fair play and a semi-level playing field. Classes seem to be about perfect across the board right now which is good, but the addition of objectives and as promised new warzones stands to be seen.

Questionaire good? Bad?

Sometimes I wonder why they have a pvp forum section.

Yea but that comes across as a flame war section so we decided that the General area should be the best place for this, as it has many aspects to it throughout the game :)

Thanks for your post.

Sometimes I wonder why they don't have server forums

Server forums are up but they are on a alphabetic system. Hopefully soon they will add individual server forums (was hinted to it by a CSR droid in game the other day).

Edited by Gummiebear

Yea but that comes across as a flame war section so we decided that the General area should be the best place for this, as it has many aspects to it throughout the game :)

Thanks for your post.

Really? I always thought the pvp forum section posters at least somewhat informed. General discussion is like the special classroom of the school.

Yea but that comes across as a flame war section so we (Who is we? Is someone sitting with you while you post? )decided that the General area should be the best place for this (Not really, it's for general discussion, how would you feel if all the RP people started going into your WZs and complaining about RP issues?), as it has many aspects to it throughout the game (I don't care for PvP, I wanted to get away from it almost completely, so this statement... has no bearing on myself or anyone like me...) :)

Thanks for your post.

Server forums are up but they are on a alphabetic system. Hopefully soon they will add individual server forums (was hinted to it by a CSR droid in game the other day).

I understand your post, and actually can see your point with some things, but why is it in General? The answer you gave for that lends very little credibility to you posting something constructive at all....

I do sort of wonder if it is worth looking a prupose for PvP in this game. There is PvP because people wanted PvP to be in it and would have cried if there wasn't. It's purpose, presummably is for people to particpate in it and enjoy PvPing because they said the like to. In this game and through it's development, I never got the sense that PvP was integral to the game's goals but, more added as a concession to the demands of the market.

PvP should only have vanity rewards and not gear based rewards. Rewarding the players who are the best/play the most with gear that makes them harder to kill is illogical. You should not be PvPing to get gear rewards as these have no value in the real world and cause in game imbalance. Killing someone when you are geared and they aren't is not balanced and has no sense of victory. It is simply grinding kills to get a higher valour level to get more gear which perpetuates the problem it causes. You should be playing PvP because you enjoy it not because you want a a gear based reward.

Seriously. I am a PvPer but it drives me insane how other PvPers cause PvP imbalance by wanting PvP stats on PvP gear. Then when they have the BiS PvP gear that makes it so they can faceroll anyone not in gear they moan there is nothing to do.

1) Remove PvP gear from the game

2) Make PvP rewards vanity based such as titles or empty orange gear that looks cool that can be modded to the level of every other gear/mod setup.

By doing this PvPers have incentives & PvP is about skill not gear.

PvP should only have vanity rewards and not gear based rewards. Rewarding the players who are the best/play the most with gear that makes them harder to kill is illogical. You should not be PvPing to get gear rewards as these have no value in the real world and cause in game imbalance. Killing someone when you are geared and they aren't is not balanced and has no sense of victory. It is simply grinding kills to get a higher valour level to get more gear which perpetuates the problem it causes. You should be playing PvP because you enjoy it not because you want a a gear based reward.

Seriously. I am a PvPer but it drives me insane how other PvPers cause PvP imbalance by wanting PvP stats on PvP gear. Then when they have the BiS PvP gear that makes it so they can faceroll anyone not in gear they moan there is nothing to do.

1) Remove PvP gear from the game

2) Make PvP rewards vanity based such as titles or empty orange gear that looks cool that can be modded to the level of every other gear/mod setup.

By doing this PvPers have incentives & PvP is about skill not gear.

well there are two options that can be fixed easily.... make pvp stats only matter in pvp....and or remove the pvp only stats like expertise completely