anyone else think an mmo with so many loading screens is good?

Kaladorei

Yet another thread demanding something a player wants.

This isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way, right away.

Now please go play something you do enjoy. Having ADHD is your problem, not mine. Having a "self-entitlement" mentality is your problem, not mine.

Please close the door behind you as you leave ... some of us are enjoying ourselves here.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now please go play something you do enjoy. Having ADHD is your problem, not mine. Having a "self-entitlement" mentality is your problem, not mine.

Please close the door behind you as you leave ... some of us are enjoying ourselves here.

rofl enjoying yourself on a forum ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaa

wait... BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAH

seriously i wanted a seamless world where i didnt spend 60% of my time watching a loading bar?

MMORPG implies a role playing game thats online massive and multiplayer it does not imply a ton of loading screens and 0 seamless gameplay without a loading screen every 10 mins.

i can only understand loading screens when entering FP's

First game I've encountered that has loading screens between...loading screens. I mean, really?

The loading screens between different parts of the same planet are annoying.

Care to elaborate on this? I'm confused.. the only place I get loading screens are when entering WFs, the ship, FPs etc.. never when running around on a planet, unless you mean the 2 sec black screen when using an elevator.. :confused:

Actually since we pay for this game and continue to pay we can ask for things. That is just the way it works.

Actually since we pay for this game and continue to pay we can ask for things. That is just the way it works.

epic response. we pay. we have a right to request that the game doesnt suck so much and that it doesnt take 5 mins to load alderaan with 16 gig memory and 6850 x2 ....

epic response. we pay. we have a right to request that the game doesnt suck so much and that it doesnt take 5 mins to load alderaan with 16 gig memory and 6850 x2 ....

Well, that sounds like a personal problem, Alderaan is certainly not fast but 5 minutes? Maybe upgrade your 56.6 modem?

I would like to request that the forums didn't contain as many loathsome trolls like you but I don't think they have a banstick large enough.

Hate the game so much? do us all a favour and fo somewhere else. simple as that. You are happy, we are happy, everyone becomes happy. :)

Well, that sounds like a personal problem, Alderaan is certainly not fast but 5 minutes? Maybe upgrade your 56.6 modem?

i have 2 interweb. i have a regular home connection running at 16.2 meg and my business connection running at around 80mpbs

I would like to request that the forums didn't contain as many loathsome trolls like you but I don't think they have a banstick large enough.

Hate the game so much? do us all a favour and fo somewhere else. simple as that. You are happy, we are happy, everyone becomes happy. :)

you sound angry hahahaha

i have 2 interweb. i have a regular home connection running at 16.2 meg and my business connection running at around 80mpbs

I got +1 interwebs and my home connection is faster than both of yours combined, do I get a prize now? :D

Anyway, if it takes 5 mins to load Alderaan for you then you have an issue with either hardware or internet connection. Or...you are exaggerating.

Edited by MrTijger

Jump on zeppelin. Loading screen.

Get into instance. Loading screen.

Loading screens are no issue for me even though there are alot more in this game for sure by frequency. It's only a couple of seconds anyway.

If they are an issue for you then I am sure you got a nice collection of images showing barely clothed people of the opposite gender of choice to use as loading screen image instead. This should brighten up your loading screen mood a bit if not make you longing for more loading screens.

I would be fine with the amount of loading screens currently if they were as fast as the WoW ones.

but the current ones are up to 1 minutes long on a ssd (only to planets, not into your ship, pvp, pve)

timed nar shaddaa ones and it was 55 seconds (2 min before ssd) and nar shaddaa isnt event he worst planet when it come to loading screen time

Edited by Fentz

Good old wow days. Whole continent including 2 major cities + 2 major enemy cities, loading screen free. It feels like 100% open world compared to swtor.

And zones are more open, not restricted to beaten path.

Here how swtor vs wow looks:

SWTOR, char lvl 50, youi wish to do d-quests :

You log into game

very long loading screen...ok

You are on the fleet you need to enter hangar

short loading screen

you are in hangar entering ship

medium loading screen

you click on galaxy map

short black screen break

you pick planet

short black screen break

you are back on ship on way to leave it

long loading screen of the planet

at planets orbital station you click transport

short loading screen

and so on and so on. followed by very long flash point loading screens, even respawning takes short loading screen, alt+tab loads too.

in wow:

loading screen

whole continent including major cities are free of loading screens

basicly it loads only while entering instance or using boat/portal to another continent...and by far not so long as swtor

for me this is big fun killer

EDIT:

after patch 1.1 there is even a loading screen inside a loading screen....this egine I so funny that it actually needs to break the loading after 1/3 to load the rest of loading

Edited by Borisius

I'm all for asking for things in a mature manner. I'm not for kids demanding changes based on their so-called expert opinion of a game. There's a right way and wrong way to do things and making thread after thread and making post after post of senseless whining and crying certainly isn't going to get your point across to the devs.

rofl enjoying yourself on a forum ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaa

wait... BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAH

I actually do enjoy myself on the forums. Who are you to know what I enjoy or don't enjoy? Judging by your posts, constant thread creations, and now this quote, I'm going to have to say that you need to grow up a little. This is a video game that you choose to play, or not play. Coming here acting like a child is a feeble attempt at an attention grab.

Again, close that door on your way out. Some of us are enjoying ourselves here.

60%. Yes. That would be terrible. I spend about 5% of my time watching a loading bar in TOR.

The loading screens between different parts of the same planet are annoying. I don't mind the ones between planets, I am assuming some time elapsed RP wise anywho there.

i take it that you dont do many warfronts then?

Good old wow days. Whole continent including 2 major cities + 2 major enemy cities, loading screen free. It feels like 100% open world compared to swtor.

You log into game

short loading screen

medium loading screen

you click on galaxy map

short black screen break

you pick planet

short black screen break

short loading screen

and so on and so on. followed by very long flash point loading screens, even respawning takes short loading screen, alt+tab loads too.

in wow:

loading screen

basicly it loads only while entering instance or using boat/portal to another continent...and by far not so long as swtor

EDIT:

after patch 1.1 there is even a loading screen inside a loading screen....this egine I so funny that it actually needs to break the loading after 1/3 to load the rest of loading

I was thinking the very same thing , kudos to you.

You log into game

short loading screen

medium loading screen

you click on galaxy map

short black screen break

you pick planet

short black screen break

short loading screen

in wow:

loading screen

EDIT:

you got it in one sir. this. READ BIOWARE. READ.

i don't know what others are smoking, but i don't get many load screens and for sure don't spend 60% of my time waiting on one. The only load screens i have seen are when traveling from planet to planet or planet to fleet etc, but once on the planet i never see one until i leave the planet.

Just like everything else that people have issues with the facts are over exagerated.