The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New tank wondering about HM

Sarkkahn

OK guys i'm a powertech tank, I just respeced out of Pyro this morning to the 31/8/2 pve tanking spec. And i'm trying to figure out if my stats will get me in the door tanking like Black Talon hard modes.

Health: 15856

Armor rating: 7512

Damage Reduction: 50.02%

Defense Chance: 11.9%

Shield Chance 44.22%

Shield Absorption: 36.14%

Almost all my gear is mod able, with purple level 49 mods/armoring and enhancements from the dailys. I have supercommando boots/ear piece/implant. One crafted implant/weapon/waist. Only pieces that are not purple or mod able are my bracer that is blue with a aug slotted with def, my relics, and offhand are lvl 50 blues.

Well I think i can get over 16k by buying a couple level 50 relics but i'm not sure how else to squeeze that much hit points out of my gear without higher level gear. Even the level 50 purples on the auction house have less endurance than what I already have.

With those stats you can easily do black talon, The foundry. Boarding party can be à lil tought on the last boss,but otherwise you shouldnt struggle to much. When you get to about 19k you can start doing the rest. If you are running with à tight team, you should be able to run all of em with your current gear.

Thanks guys. For all the responses, i'll try BT today. I do have 44 centurion commendations. I could buy two of those relics and increase my endurance by 64 if i buy two with pure end on them Edited by Sarkkahn

Your damage reduction/shield chance/absorbtion are all pretty great (some of them are better than the stats my Columi gear gives me :eek:), the only place you're short is HP and that shouldn't be a big issue with a half competent healer.

You won't end up with a huge amount of defense so don't sweat that too much. My stats (roughly, from memory) atm are:

20,000 HP odd buffed

47% dmg reducton

44% shield chance

42% absorbtion

~14% defense

and I've done every hardmode no dramas, although my guildie healer is also pretty geared.