Experimenting with a hybrid.

fiddesoder

Hey guys :) First time poster, long time reader here.

First off i gotta say i love the BH class, though im not 50 ( currently 47 ) yet i have tried all three speccs to some extent and i think that Bodyguard is where im gonna land at 50 pvp.

So, i had a new little idea when reading Verdans hybrid specc.

What i didnt like about that specc was the " wasted " talents into different cylinders and i came up with a build that only utilize power shot, the shield when used, heat reduce, less interrupt and also grabbing +range on jetboost and KB on the punch.

In my mind taking TM aint worth it for a heavy BG hybrid, but beeing able to cast free powershots while supercharged gas is active ( which aint that hard to achieve ) and beeing immune to setback with the shield up looked like a great idea to me :)

I´ve been trying this specc in a few WZ´s and i like it, alot :) But im not 50, so that might change :p

heres the build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rfRMRzcdzZMIkbMZb.1

So, thoughts? :)

Happy hunting!

Edited by fiddesoder

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rfMMRzcbzZMIkbR0d.1

Check that out. I think with the hybrid spec, it is really helpful to have Terminal Velocity to make your heat way easier to control. I'm doing something similar to that now and it works very well. its funny to see people try to take you down with that kolto shield - makes things a little more difficult for them :)

In my opinion, you can lose the points you put into alacrity and invest them like this : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rfRoRzcbzZMIkbRbz.1 That's my build atm (minus the jet escape and light 'em up because I'm 47) and I absolutely love it.

Healing : Pop a Kolto Shell on a important person (Tank), when he's taking damage, use the kolto missle and then switch between rapid shots (combat support cylinder)/healing scan followed by rapid scan. You slowly begin to build up towards supercharged and when that's full (depending on level of health of target you want to keep alive) you can spam healing scan > rapid scan or do a (heatless :D) 4x power shot and finish with a unload whilst in supercharge. Also remember to put another kolto missile on for the 10% damage reduction.

ps. Dont forget about the kolto overcharge (or whatever it's called). It's not much but atleast it's something.

Attacking a single target : Thermal Sensor Override with fusion if possible, tracer missiles until heat 40, rapid shots and maybe an electro shock and when heat is low switch to tracers again (Keep the power barrier stacked 5 times!). You'll reach 30 charge in no time and can then do another 4x power shot and unload.

Groups : Thermal Sensor Override is really important to use with fusion missile and sweeping blasters and. Combine those two with death from above and you have a great way of stopping people from planting stuff in pvp and are decent enough aoe's.

You should be healing a lot more than you are doing damage but it's nice to try and throw in some dps if there are others healers active.

I usually end up on top of the pvp leaderbords (like I said I'm only 47 so I don't know what the level 50 peeps are doing) and I find the playstyle to be very enjoyable.