23,452 Mercs... still haven't run into a Heal spec yet..

Jaysun

trash

I pay my acc with my real money and so I and only I decide how to spec my toons.

You want heal? Play one!

PS: If some realy nice and friendly guys ask me to spec heal as else the group can't run I MIGHT do it.

But for sure NOT for such an arogant and egoist id... like the OP.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol at previous post.

I think it's rather simple, if you plan on leveling doing Flashpoints or pvp, healing is fine, but you will miss out of your class quest, and if you want to just grind quests, including class ones, you want to level in a reasonable pace, you should spec damage.

I plan on speccing healing, when I reach late 40s and 50.

Edited by KKaae

The big problem at below lvl 50 is that once you hit around lvl 25-30 solo'ing as a healing spec is slow and painful. At 50 I'm seeing plenty of merc healers myself, then again I see one everytime I log on, so that kinda helps.

And yes, healing and tanking are the difficult roles, depending on specific class what is most difficult changes since that depends on available abilities to do your role. But dps is by far the easiest role to play, with ranged dps being the easiest compaired to melee dps.

i would never pick a merc healer over a sorc healer, its not even a "we just do it diffrently" issue, sorcs just outright have way more tools and better heals than we do, where we will wipe the group a sorc will just bubble and continue healing

the merc healer needs some work, badly, stronger aoe heal, stronger utility, and less heat consumption

on the flip side, the arsenal tree is one of the most faceroll and usefull dps specs in the game, a free 20% armor debuff for everybody, a 1 minute CC, and just spam tracer missle basically and unload on cooldown, its no suprise why there's millions of arsenals and 1 or 2 bodyguards, just let the sorcs heal the arsenals and you are gtg

Edited by Bejita

I've run healed since level 20 to 50, still heal. I enjoy it... I don't really see a ton of merc healers, but theres a few out there. It does kind of blow healing and watching the dpsers grab all the medal glory. If I get super lucky I can max out at like 6-7... usually 4, specially in fast games. It's a pretty underwhelming class all in all.

It is a myth to say you can't level as heal spec. Granted it helps to hybrid slightly along the way.

If you keep up your gear your dps doesn't diminish much. Even dps spec'd builds do not gain much through their talents until much higher levels. It is mainly gear until 30+. I speak as a commando and it is easier for a healer to level as your first companion is ... another dps commando! Mercs will have to wait until their second companion. I actually use my robot tank now simply because it's the coolest companion in the entire game :) .

You also cannot ignore Supercharged cells/gas! Always enter combat with stacks and unload with it often after a quick kolto shield with it. You still get all the aoe options and can keep yourself and your companion alive through things other builds cannot.

I solo'd most 4 man heroics to date so I can't see how they level with difficulty.

Edited by Tamanous

I leveled my merc to 50 as Arsenal, just 'cuse it was faster for me. Re-seced heals the day after Christmas and would not re-spec him back to Arsenal for ANYTHING.

Merc healers ROCK, if people know how to a)gear them correctly (which is'nt hard) and b) have half a brain (i barely qualify for that one). I love, love love, being a BH healer..have run EV with two BH's for healers...done all the HMs with 4 man Bh groups for *****s and giggles..BHs rock. Y'all are crazy en la cabesa..

Edited by Madicen

I'm not here to tell you how to play your class.. but since I started my PT.. you can't shoot your blaster or toss a Jawa in any direction without hitting a Sorc and/or Merc..

So you want others to heal so that you can DPS. Got it.

3 wipes and not a single heal-unless they were trying to save themselves.. I /logged

QQ more?