the problem with all newmmo : the forums

carliiiiito

every game released in the past couple of years suffered from the same problem : endless forum post complaining about anything and everything.Go to any class forum and you will find a post by someone playing the class claiming their underpowered,you will also find a post from someone playing another class saying their overpowered.

If the gear is easily obtained people complain they are giving it away/welfare epics...if they make it difficult/rare to get(champion bags) people complain they get nothing for their effort.

If the raids are too easy people complain they want challenge,they make it hard people complain they cant see the content.

i could go on but i think you see my point.For any change they make to the game ,youll find post saying how the company doesnt care and they are quitting.I often wonder how those people would feel if 2 million people would inspect every second of their work day and make endless forum post about how they suck and clearly have no idea what they are doing.

The problem is never the game or the devs ..the problem always stems from the community and the forums.

/rant off

I am not one for complaining, due to the game being rather solid for a game that has been out for only two months. I dont complain about the system, but have seen issues in areas.We need to talk to them about legitimate issues (everything you mentioned before is true people need to stop complaining about dumb ****).

Crafting- needs to allow us to make epics from recipes not just reverse eng. known recipes (Change Bop-Boe).

Pvp- Fix Ilum explots, and allow auto-kicks for afk people (not just in safety zones), and fianlly allow for a team to score for the opposite teams- so no more 'griefing' (in cases where you will lose and just want to end the game).

Pve- Fix EV and Kragga issues- bugs that stop pugs/guilds from progression (Soa is one for shure).

They probably know this stuff needs to be fixed, but suggestions are not all that bad. We want this game to be the next generation in PC games, so lets give some constructive criticism.

That's fairly accurate I would think. But those are two extremes. People who feel entitled to have everything handed to them and people who feel everything needs to be as hardcore as possible. There's a lot of grey area in games too and the people that are overall content I think are in the majority here.

You just don't see it because those who are content and happy tend to not raise their voices very loud. :]

That's fairly accurate I would think. But those are two extremes. People who feel entitled to have everything handed to them and people who feel everything needs to be as hardcore as possible. There's a lot of grey area in games too and the people that are overall content I think are in the majority here.

You just don't see it because those who are content and happy tend to not raise their voices very loud. :]

Very very true - if you look at wows general forums 9and really don't go in there unless you're wearing a hat and anti-poison gear) the game is dying - and has been dying for 7 years...the rest of the 9 million players seem to not have noticed though lol

/facepalm

Very very true - if you look at wows general forums 9and really don't go in there unless you're wearing a hat and anti-poison gear) the game is dying - and has been dying for 7 years...the rest of the 9 million players seem to not have noticed though lol

/facepalm

That's because WoW caters to casual and fringe gamers and they outnumber all the frequent/hardcore gamers. We'll pump everything we have into a game we love, but it's still not as much money as all the casual gamers combined. :p

That's because WoW caters to casual and fringe gamers and they outnumber all the frequent/hardcore gamers. We'll pump everything we have into a game we love, but it's still not as much money as all the casual gamers combined. :p

And I think that WoW catered to pure gamers and fans of the game before it went MMO. SWTOR on the other hand... has both Star Wars fans and Gaming fans to cater, giving a larger gray area to fill in.

It's the modern interactive soap opera and we can all participate.

I don't even think it's that satisfying to "vent" or "rant" in a medium like this.

Perhaps it's because of my 2-finger typing style with 10 wpm :eek:

For the sake of mankind I do hope that all these records won't survive the milennia like, you know, that other old stuff, carvings on stones or paintings in caves. They would probably deny being related to us.

"(can't write the latin word for human here alone, miracuously works later in the text) Forumus" developed in the early 21 century 40000 years ago simultaniously across the planet with the upcoming world wide web and primarily communicated via “posts” and “threads” (see appendix 1.6.3 for examples). The species went extinct during the great Holonet wars at the end of the 21st century and the “Homo Holonus” stepped into the picture, which thrives until this day, exponentially more articulate.

I completely agree. Everyone that posts here claims that they know exactly what "the majority" of players want, like they're some how the spokesperson for everybody that doesn't post on the forums themselves. It really bothers me.

I think what this game needs is something like teamliquid.net is for StarCraft 2. For the non-StarCraft'ers, teamliquid.net is an site that's independent from battle.net and blizzard, but is considered by most people to be the main forums for the game (if you're not just looking to troll people). There, if you make unsupported claims of imbalance, whine that you don't like something, or just make some sort of otherwise unsubstantiated and unhelpful post, they simply ban you. It really lets intellectual conversation develop instead of having every thread simply be QQ about how the game isn't perfect for them.

Edited by TheDragonsBalls