Is it normal Europeans have to pay more than others?

Neomale

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweden

Standard: 479 SEK = 68.64 USD = 44.33 GBP = 52.68 EUR

CE: 1499 SEK = 214.81 USD = 138.75 GBP = 164.87 EUR

(Yes, that's 319% of standard ed.)

Subscription:

1 month: 119 SEK = 17.05 USD = 11.01 GBP = 13.08 EUR

90 days: 329 SEK = 47.15 USD = 30.45 = 36.18 EUR

180 days: 599 SEK = 85.84 USD = 55.44 GBP = 65.87

unlucky

So with your way of doing, there's 2 lines in the hamburger place, both sell exact same burger for 6e and the other sells it for 3e. You would buy the 6e one.

Im sorry but wether or not it's my own country or not, I support the one that gives me the best deal. I don't support the problem, I support the solution, buy where it's the cheapest.

You forget to mention in the story that the 3 euro burger is sold illegaly in the alley behind the burger joint...

When you sell digital goods in the EU you havve to pay at least 15% VAT. When sold in stores it can be as high as 25% depending on country.

Then why is it cheaper to buy direct from retailers than digitally? That doesn't make sense.

Thats your country's fault, they should have accepted the euro when they joined the eurozone go blaim them ;)

I dont think you would find many people out side of an asylum that would want to adopt the Euro now ;) Its awful but we cant resist 'WE TOLD YOU IT WOULDNT WORK!!!'

Just took the given numbers, recalculated values and rounded up.

Standard version

Norway – EU = 84$ - 64 euro

Denmark – EU = 79$ - 60 euro

Sweden – EU = 69$ - 53 euro

Portugal – EU = 71$ - 50 euro

USA = 60$ - 46 euro

Czech Republic - Eu = 56$ - 43 euro

Digital Deluxe

UK – EU = 108 $ - 83 euro

Denmark – EU = 100$ - 77 euro

Threadstarter – EU = 97$ - 75 euro

USA = 80$ - 62 euro

More fun with numbers, from Swtor itself:

http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq

The Digital Upgrade Pack is available exclusively through StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for $19.99/£14.99/19.99 euro.

20$ = 15,4 euro / 12,9 £

15£ = 23,2$

20euro = 26$

That’s a 6$ difference.

Do keep posting what you paid, for what edition and what the annual monthly fee is gonna be in ur country.

Edited by SLANTEN

When you sell digital goods in the EU you havve to pay at least 15% VAT. When sold in stores it can be as high as 25% depending on country.

Im not in EU. Do i get my monies back?

Not whole Europe is in EU and have to pay EU tax. Who do you think keeps the difference in price? I certanly never got anything back in the name of my non-existant EU tax ;)

Edited by GrandMike

Keep in mid that servers have to be set up and maintained in Europe, since EA is am American company they are getting the short end of the exchange rate when they are paying to have these systems set up and maintained.

Seems to reason they are just passing the extra cost onto the customer :)

Keep in mid that servers have to be set up and maintained in Europe, since EA is am American company they are getting the short end of the exchange rate when they are paying to have these systems set up and maintained.

Seems to reason they are just passing the extra cost onto the customer :)

That is so true, we are very expensive compared to the rest of the world...

Hey you amwerikan soldjarboi?

Fyi..

USA is top10 debted country in the world and all the T-bonds are owned by China and Japan?

As of January 2011, foreigners owned $4.45 trillion of U.S. debt, or approximately 47% of the debt. The largest holders were the central banks of China, Japan, the United Kingdom and Brazil. As of May 2011 the largest single holder of U.S. government debt was China, with 26 percent of all foreign-held U.S. Treasury securities. China's holdings of government debt, as a percentage of all foreign-held government debt, have decreased a bit over the last year, but are up significantly since 2000 (when China held just 6 percent of all foreign-held U.S. Treasury securities).

And do read:

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/08/09/who-in-the-world-is-most-in-debt/?iid=HP_River

Hmmmm what one earth are you on about? I am British and was talking to an to someone who sugested that being in the Euro would have made the game cheaper!

We told you so can only really have come from one place now couldnt it...... the whole of the uk knew it was a dumb idea from the start