How to tell when this game has failed

lunabaguna

They are professionals that get paid lots of money and have been working on this game for 5 years with a budget of 200M. Almost all of them I would wadger worked on other MMOs before. As a programmer myself (Ruby Rails,.Net, etc) i find the product detestable. A ton of the bugs should have been caught simply by internal QA testing before it even went to Alpha and then Beta, but somehow it got past all of that (which implies there was no focus testing during beta).

The buggyness of the end game operations alone almost seems to scream "never tested", or the universal performance issues on Illum.

I doubt your credentials.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When people stop whining on the forums, the game has failed. Forum whiners simply means that the game is a success.

Lets read between the lines:

"I will unsub if this dosnt get put in."

means: I love this game, but really want x feature, if I whine the loudest I'm sure they will put it in.

does not mean: I will unsub if x feature isnt put in.

"Game breaking! X class/ability/feature needs to be buffed/nerfed NOW"

means: I'm upset that I cant beat class/ability/feature and want to be king of the hill with easy.

does not mean: x class/ability/feature is necessarily in need of said buff/nerf

"I have nothing to do at 50!"

means: I am enjoying this game SO MUCH that I have put hundreds of hours in and I will continue to do so. I will completely devour each new piece of conent that comes my way.

does not mean: There is a lack of repeatable content.

"This game has FAILED SO BAD"

means: This game is such an integral part of my life that I have to post on the forums because I just CANNOT stop thinking about it and I want attention from other people who keep thinking about it.

does not mean: the game has failed.

"I shouldnt have to pay for beta!"

means: I dont understand how programming works and have never tried to write a while loop from scratch.

does not mean: This game isnt the most polished major mmo to ever hit the market at release.

TBH, go look at any successful game's forums (if they have them) and you will see hundreds of whining threads.

Good job SWTOR, you are succeeding wildly.

When the forums go silent, the game will too.

Edit: Because someone reminded me about the beta argument

Such a loud buzzzzzzzzzzing noise is coming out of your thread. /me wonders

APB's forums were filled with all sorts of stuff too And that game holds the record for shortest run time ever.

As far as i remember even legitemate law suits were considered vs the publisher. But somehow they managed to save their *** by selling out.