Bioware gotcha!@

BlastTyrentt

Good players adapt to nerfs and changes.

Poor players throw a fit that there class got nerfed. Guess which one you fall under. :p

I have had no issues with adapting to the changes to operatives. I still rock in PVP and still do well in flashpoints.

LOL, I would say your right in most cases. But ARE you like blind? 20% drop in dmg? We arent talking penuts here BROSIF. Starting out at around 7-12% nerf and seeing how the croud reacts then nerfing it up to 20% if things are still out of control is one thing but kicking it up to 20% then describing the nerf because

"because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP".

Not even throwing anynumbers to look at so the tards that play operatives can be like "**** that looks like they did there research" Im OFF TO PPLLAAAY WWWEEE "BRAIN EXPLODES"

Its hard to accept that they poorly NERFED a class to ****. When you love a game so much because its Star wars. Sorry bros but the PVP devs are from WARHAMMER ONLINE which is a game thats totaly broken I THANK YOU.

Edited by SkillzKillz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't pull facts out of your arse. The LOS applies the same for any class. You obviously haven't played sniper. If you are not in visual range, you can't shoot, regardless of class.

But please, keep QQing, QQ enough and BW will give you an instant win-the-game button.

First off I said I wasn't qqing and that I was going to adapt to the nerf situation. Second of all I'm pulling facts from the WZ's I played for 3 hours yesterday checking it out. I got hit a lot while behind obstacles such as boxes/barricades/walls trying to lose los. I'm not asking for an "I win" button you idiot. I'm saying the game needs some tweaking. Stop trying to sound clever and shut it.

Edited by Oldpappy

You think others have a God complex, the person who decided to give himself the title Darth for a forum name, that talks in ALL CAPITALS for no reason, who calls others whiney and childish in your own whiney incoherent ALL CAPS rant - grow up dude, chill out, and come back when your brain cells are not so overheated, your coming across as a right ****.

^^ this

/10 chars

I know that even at level 12 our operative was always top of the dps chart. I think they needed a little toning down, but looks like they got smacked down pretty bad. That's why I rolled a sniper. I like seeing the big hits and there is no way they are nerfing the crappiest class in the game. As long as I can stick out the daily but whoopings. I should be happy 3 years down the road when they fix the sniper class!

level 12 doesnt even count as an concealment operative, go away troll.

* Facepalm. *

I cannot believe how childish this is. Un-subscribing, because your favorite attacks got nerfed? That's rather-...pathetic. From what I've been able to discern, it appears that the reason people are whinging is that their up-close melee attacks got nerfed by 20-30%. Well, riddle me this. Do you think that the point of the Operative is to un-stealth and knife a guy to death, in less than a minute? No. Operatives are versatile, asides from eviscerating a guy, you can heal and, God forbid, shoot at people from a distance. The first time I did a Warzone, I was level sixteen and everyone else was in the 25-30 range. End of the game, twenty-three kills and over seventy-five thousand damage inflicted. Without those precious melee attacks. Adapt, people, it's not that hard. You're presented with a problem. Solve it, instead of ragequitting into the abyss.

Thaks bioware...i have 0 skill which is why i chose this class in the first place. Now you go and make it where i can't kill people while they lay on the ground for 97sec's. I will be quitting now because i have been exposed and everyone now knows that i suck.

* Facepalm. *

I cannot believe how childish this is. Un-subscribing, because your favorite attacks got nerfed? That's rather-...pathetic. From what I've been able to discern, it appears that the reason people are whinging is that their up-close melee attacks got nerfed by 20-30%. Well, riddle me this. Do you think that the point of the Operative is to un-stealth and knife a guy to death, in less than a minute? No. Operatives are versatile, asides from eviscerating a guy, you can heal and, God forbid, shoot at people from a distance. The first time I did a Warzone, I was level sixteen and everyone else was in the 25-30 range. End of the game, twenty-three kills and over seventy-five thousand damage inflicted. Without those precious melee attacks. Adapt, people, it's not that hard. You're presented with a problem. Solve it, instead of ragequitting into the abyss.

Well, if it makes you feel better, I unsubbed because the game is, at the end of the day, average in every area except voice acting.

The voice acting is superb. I bear the game or devs no ill will and wish everyone finds something they enjoy to do if they stay.

*edit* the customer support is utterly crap too

Edited by KeltikTwo

* Facepalm. *

Lol so BW decided that Burst DPS class was just a hoax? You missed the whole point of the discussion regarding BW's decision to nerf the ops burst DPS. Your whole post points directly at the problem. PVP. The change affected PVE significantly.

Don't get me wrong. I like to pvp on occassion, but I prefer to PVE more. Another reason why we stayed in PVE Server. If the discussion is always towards PVP and decisions are ultimately made towards making pvp balance, the devs are completely losing the PVE community. We want to see end games, better and expansive contents, introduction of new things to do. Not over what happens in PVP. That's how they create more problems. Lots of folks rushed to 50. Wonder how they are feeling about the sudden change.

Lol so BW decided that Burst DPS class was just a hoax? You missed the whole point of the discussion regarding BW's decision to nerf the ops burst DPS. Your whole post points directly at the problem. PVP. The change affected PVE significantly.

Don't get me wrong. I like to pvp on occassion, but I prefer to PVE more. Another reason why we stayed in PVE Server. If the discussion is always towards PVP and decisions are ultimately made towards making pvp balance, the devs are completely losing the PVE community. We want to see end games, better and expansive contents, introduction of new things to do. Not over what happens in PVP. That's how they create more problems. Lots of folks rushed to 50. Wonder how they are feeling about the sudden change.

Normally, I'm not one to PVP either. Of course, that's all people seem to do these days on MMO's, and it seems that's what people are whining about currently: the fact they can't kill people in a flash. Of course, I still remain un-affected, as I never use those knife abilities, unless my heals are really sucking or if my companion decided to get screwed over (like the Chapter 1 boss for example). :p

Well, if it makes you feel better, I unsubbed because the game is, at the end of the day, average in every area except voice acting.

The voice acting is superb. I bear the game or devs no ill will and wish everyone finds something they enjoy to do if they stay.

*edit* the customer support is utterly crap too

Well, it's good to see someone quitting for an actual reason, instead of raging that their class got nerfed. Best of luck to your future MMO experiences. ;)

* Facepalm. *

I can't believe how ignorant this is *Shakes head sadly*

It's not 'favorite' attacks buddy, it's ONLY ATTACKS.

That's right, the entire core of the operative power and skill tree (BY BIOWARE'S OWN DESIGN) revolves around Stealth, Hidden Strike, Jarring Strike, Backstab, Shiv, Debilitate, Eviscerate (which only works on weak or strongs, not players).

That's it, rifle shot misses too often and hits with paltry damage, (like 400, maybe twice out of four shots fired, with 102.3% accuracy rating), there are no buffs for frag grenade in concealment tree, no dots except acid blade.

But hey, we got a damage nerf, except they, and this is for emphasis, kept the energy useage requirements the same.

That's right all you non operative boys and girls, they dropped the dps and kept the energy useage, only now we have to use 2x as many hits to kill something, oh and don't forget the energy regen mechanic, we get a penalty if we drop below 60% energy.

(Which, by the way, is two attacks plus applying acid blade), our stim boost has a 35 second cooldown and is dependent on tactical advantage, and adrenaline probe has a two minute cooldown.

So essentially we got screwed for fighting anything our level in PVE, as higher damage was the only thing making the energy costs viable and keeping us alive.

I'll give an example.

Take a sentinel, keep his skill costs the same, now make his attacks all do half damage as what they used to except for say, Master Strike.

That's what they did to operatives.

I can't believe how ignorant this is *Shakes head sadly*

It's not 'favorite' attacks buddy, it's ONLY ATTACKS.

That's right, the entire core of the operative power and skill tree (BY BIOWARE'S OWN DESIGN) revolves around Stealth, Hidden Strike, Jarring Strike, Backstab, Shiv, Debilitate, Eviscerate (which only works on weak or strongs, not players).

That's it, rifle shot misses too often and hits with paltry damage, (like 400, maybe twice out of four shots fired, with 102.3% accuracy rating), there are no buffs for frag grenade in concealment tree, no dots except acid blade.

But hey, we got a damage nerf, except they, and this is for emphasis, kept the energy useage requirements the same.

That's right all you non operative boys and girls, they dropped the dps and kept the energy useage, only now we have to use 2x as many hits to kill something, oh and don't forget the energy regen mechanic, we get a penalty if we drop below 60% energy.

(Which, by the way, is two attacks plus applying acid blade), our stim boost has a 35 second cooldown and is dependent on tactical advantage, and adrenaline probe has a two minute cooldown.

So essentially we got screwed for fighting anything our level in PVE, as higher damage was the only thing making the energy costs viable and keeping us alive.

I'll give an example.

Take a sentinel, keep his skill costs the same, now make his attacks all do half damage as what they used to except for say, Master Strike.

That's what they did to operatives.

That's not true, sorry to burst your bubble of one skill tree being the only thing that matters. There's a reason Bioware has more than one skill tree for each Advanced Class, and it's not for decoration. Nor do I think the Operative class is built to just un-stealth and knife, knife, knife, Cloaking Screen, knife, knife, knife. There's other abilities besides the many knife and Stealth abilities. Also, energy is rarely a problem for me, as my Stim Boost seems to come along whenever I do Kolto Injection, though I suppose that's because of my specialization in Medicine. My strategy for PVE is simple, albeit probably frowned upon by the 'hardcore' Operatives. Send my companion in to take the damage, continually use Rifle Shot and Frag Grenade, if said companion loses some health, Kolto Injection, Medical Probe, or Surgical Probe. Stim Boost, for loss of energy. Voila.

If I still haven't grasped the gist of the nerf, perhaps it's because of my 'narrow-minded Operative Healerness'.

Hi all,

We know the changes to the Operatives is something that the Operative community feels very strongly about. Feedback regarding these changes is always welcome as long as it is constructive. Since threads that encourage others to quit tend to cause more disruptions than constructive discussion, we're going to close this thread and ask that you continue your discussion in the ongoing Operateive changes thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=212330