OblitaDOT spec

Grizzliy

Here is the spec I have been using recently.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/marauder/#::fef2e4fe3d2e3fef20efef3ef3defefef4:

I am Full champion except Centurion Offhand/Centurion Mask.

No battlemaster yet.

Its pretty much stock Annihilation except instead of Empowerment/Annihilate I get Obliterate/Saber Strength.

So far I love it. My biggest gripe with Annihilation was how lackluster Annihilate felt, plus how buggy it was. I felt like I had to be right up somebodies butt to get it to fire off correctly because the animation takes so long.

With Obliterate it hits for about as hard AND it costs 2 rage less. If I'm not Rupturing/Deadly Saber/Snaring/ I'm spamming vicious slash which seems to clear the cooldown on Rupture often enough. Plus its pretty much constantly critting for almost as hard as Annihlate was as well.

I also get a 2nd Mini-jump which is nice. let me know what you guys think/ if you have any questions.

Edited by Grizzliy
Completely wrong skill named.

Here is the spec I have been using recently.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/marauder/#::fef2e4fe3d2e3fef20efef3ef3defefef4:

I am Full champion except Centurion Offhand/Centurion Mask.

No battlemaster yet.

Its pretty much stock Annihilation except instead of Empowerment/Annihilate I get Massacre/Saber Strength.

So far I love it. My biggest gripe with Annihilation was how lackluster Annihilate felt, plus how buggy it was. I felt like I had to be right up somebodies butt to get it to fire off correctly because the animation takes so long.

With Massacre it hits for about as hard AND it costs 2 rage less. If I'm not Rupturing/Deadly Saber/Snaring/ I'm spamming vicious slash which seems to clear the cooldown on Rupture often enough. Plus its pretty much constantly critting for almost as hard as Annihlate was as well.

I also get a 2nd Mini-jump which is nice. let me know what you guys think/ if you have any questions.

You dont have massacre with this spec. Do you mean Obliterate?

how long hav eyou been using this spec?

i was thinking of running this, as i don't enjoy annihilate at all. do you have any damage numbers on the difference with obliterate over annihilate...i don't really see how obliterate can do comparable damage.

I have been running it for about a week now. I will try to put something together however without any combat log it will be a pain.

I'll tell you this, with Saber Strength it hits pretty darn hard.

However I have noticed it helps much more as a 2nd mini-jump also being only 3 rage make it much easier to use, rage wise.

Edited by Grizzliy

Have your tried this in pve? Do you find your self rage starved? Thanks for your replies

No unfortunately I don't PVE much(at all actually). However I would think that if you can stay on top of your target without much hassle then Annihilate would probably be better along with Dual Wield master and what not.

Rage wise I haven't had a problem however, I have tested Empowerment over Saber Strength an visa-versa. Currently I'm running Saber Strength, as Rage hasn't been a problem.

I actually feel like I have a ton more rage since I don't have to blow 5 on Annihilate.

Good build.

Actually, never noticed how hard Obliterate hit.

I always had a hate for that abilitity just due to the length of the animation putting my target i just mini-charged already out of melee range by the time I land lol.

Haha yeah, that can be a pain, I just do my best to make sure they are constantly snared, to lessen the chances of that happening. But At least Obliterate hits, there is nothing worse than trying to catch up to someone to annihilate and the animation take so long/range be so short. At least for me that's annoying as hell.

Also I don't see why you wouldn't spec this since CQ is garbage, why do you need that, you use charge to get back to your target after being knockbacked or to initiate and ferocity is waste

rupture slow > smash reduce cd since you dont have shockwave

cloak of anni > smash reduce cd

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/marauder/#::fefe9f2efefef20efef3ef3defefef4:

Edited by TheFknDon

well i was lookign at it, and thinking statistically. We really need logs bad.

anyways, 6% from bleed affects are applied to the base damage, i believe. So i don't think it applies to crits on ticks. I am not 100% sure.

in terms of pvp, and 100% guaranteed shockwave crit, seems like a more reliable , dps increase than 6% on bleeds.

coupled with the 24% increase from a choak. The shock crit would outweight both bleeds , even if they crit i believe.

i havent tested it, since my main was an assassin. I will probably drop the massive amounts of respec credits tonight and run some numbers.

Also I don't see why you wouldn't spec this since CQ is garbage, why do you need that, you use charge to get back to your target after being knockbacked or to initiate and ferocity is waste

rupture slow > smash reduce cd since you dont have shockwave

cloak of anni > smash reduce cd

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/marauder/#::fefe9f2efefef20efef3ef3defefef4:

Yeah but cloak of anni cool down time only gets reduced by using retaliation.

Retaliation is one of the worse Rage dumps we have I feel. It's the only basic melee attack we have that I don't have on my bars.

So I would say Smash reduce cd > then wasting rage on retaliation.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100rurRMRMZZGr0rkbM.1

that's the build i'm currently using. give me my crit smash every 50 sec along with my dots.

I dont think the crit smash is worth it if you dont have Dark Resonance or Shii-Cho mastery. I would go back to closer to what you had before with Pulverize.

Something more like this as defensive forms is huge IMHO since we need to use beserk as often as possible.

26/2/13

Edited by Xplicit

Just tried a build similar to OP. (Valor 46) and been using Carnage for a while although I have spent gazzillions on respecs. Not feeling comfortable on what I was doing and having to look at my bars a lot I still topped the charts in a hutball. 270K and was queued solo. No pocket heals.

Will have to report back when I get more comfortable but so far so good.