How bad is it?

karcyon

Haha not true, on my assassin I can pop 2 crits in a row for 4-6k each time. Mercenaries can do the same thing with Tmissle spam, by the 3rd missile they are hitting 4-6k.Snipers can drop 2 4-6k crits back to back. Jugg/Marauder can do their aoes and hit for 5-7k on the regular. Every class but sorcerer can do this however they have all the utility you could ever want. So only scoundrels and sorcerers cannot get the 5k hit medal now.

No they can't. As a Focus Sentinel with full Champion gear blowing all of my cooldowns and adrenals and hitting an undergeared squishy target the best I've seen at 50 with a sweep crit was 5.2k. You're pulling these numbers out of your backside.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, if you look at that SS. Everyone in that game sucked. Just saying.

That's most warzones in a nutshell, I am not trying to prove anything via screenshot that is just to point out that we are still far from worthless. If you want I could post every screenshot of each warzone I did today, my damage is pretty consistent unless my team gets rolled over.

Lol. Love people who make this argument. Alright then genius. If I'm going to be the same as every other class in the game, I'd like to have much bigger defensive cooldowns and more survivability, and also to be able to spam people for 2-3k crits at range.

Outside of that 6-7 crit, we were the squishiest class, which had to be in melee and thus incredibly kiteable, with absolutely ZERO pvp utility.

Tell me. What is the point of a scoundrel now. What can we do that is not done far better by someone else?

Scoundrels can still lockdown a class ridiculously long while pumping out good damage. Sorry, you're just a baddie QQing about not being able to kill a class in 3 hits while they're eating pavement.

No they can't. As a Focus Sentinel with full Champion gear blowing all of my cooldowns and adrenals and hitting an undergeared squishy target the best I've seen at 50 with a sweep crit was 5.2k. You're pulling these numbers out of your backside.

5.2k on an AE ability?

Haha no I am not. Here lemme link you a video to help you L2P.

Marauder-

Guardian-post 1.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwLo3st0rqg

The guardian hits 6k+ on the regular like I said.

The marauder is pre 1.1, however it doesnt really matter because they nerfed scoundrels/ops off pre 1.1 data anyway.

Also without buff stacking its only 30% less damage.

So in short, please please for the love of everyone who plays this game. Learn to play.

5.2k on an AE ability?

Yup, as I said blowing all cooldowns possible on a squishy target that is undergeared compared to myself. Focus is terribly predictable against good players and will be shutdown with ease. Hence why I don't play the spec any longer. Guardian/Juggernaut sweep damage will probably need to be toned down though, considering their sweeps hits for a good 30%+ more damage.

See them using FS or FE? CC them until singularity runs out and they're shut down for at least the next 15 seconds. The damage is a step above pitiful outside of sweep. It's not even the best tree for Sentinels, Watchman decimates it in terms of effectiveness and utility.

Haha no I am not. Here lemme link you a video to help you L2P.

Marauder-

Guardian-post 1.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwLo3st0rqg

The guardian hits 6k+ on the regular like I said.

The marauder is pre 1.1, however it doesnt really matter because they nerfed scoundrels/ops off pre 1.1 data anyway.

Also without buff stacking its only 30% less damage.

So in short, please please for the love of everyone who plays this game. Learn to play.

Pre 1.1, and I said Marauders can't do those hits. Guardians/juggernauts can. You have proven nothing except how poor your reading comprehension is. But please continue embarrassing yourself.

The fact that you knowingly posted a video of a pre 1.1 BM geared Sentinel doing those hits against sub 50's is laughable. Everybody knows Guards/Juggs can break 6k at 50 against Undergeared players even post 1.1 due to the 30% extra sweep damage, and the extra 6% Stance Damage, on top of the 6% extra strength. I never disputed that.

Edited by Notannos
use of retard, warned already in this thread after this post for insults

Scoundrels can still lockdown a class ridiculously long while pumping out good damage. Sorry, you're just a baddie QQing about not being able to kill a class in 3 hits while they're eating pavement.

This is also a common misconception. We cannot kill people in 3 hits only equal playing field end of story.

Yesterday me in 11% expertise and my friend in 10% expertise tested all the damage before the nerf to see how big the change would be.

Pre nerf I could only kill him quick if I crit every attack for this rotation.(with Fletchette round on of course)

Shoot first>back blast>blaster whip> sucker punch>sucker punch.

Which takes a total of 6 seconds. That is with ALL crits which is rare. He then demonstrated his combo on me (he is a gunslinger) and we timed it. When he gets ALL crits he drops me in 6 seconds. The only difference is I get a 3 second stun in the beginning. He can still stun, knockback, snare, and still do all his damage while doing it.

This is also a common misconception. We cannot kill people in 3 hits only equal playing field end of story.

Yesterday me in 11% expertise and my friend in 10% expertise tested all the damage before the nerf to see how big the change would be.

Pre nerf I could only kill him quick if I crit every attack for this rotation.(with Fletchette round on of course)

Shoot first>back blast>blaster whip> sucker punch>sucker punch.

Which takes a total of 6 seconds. That is with ALL crits which is rare. He then demonstrated his combo on me (he is a gunslinger) and we timed it. When he gets ALL crits he drops me in 6 seconds. The only difference is I get a 3 second stun in the beginning. He can still stun, knockback, snare, and still do all his damage while doing it.

Oh yeah 6 crits in a row with a base line 40% crit chance is oh so rare. 10%+ expertise players were often dying to Operatives/Scoundrels in the stealth opening knockdown, this was unacceptable as demonstrated by the Developers who made a justifiable change. It was inexcusable to have to trinket the stealth opener or face immediate death.

Edited by TheRealBrave

Pre 1.1 , and I said Marauders can't do those hits. Guardians/juggernauts can. You have proven nothing except how poor your reading comprehension is. But please continue embarrassing yourself.

The fact that you knowingly posted a video of a pre 1.1 BM geared Sentinel doing those hits against sub 50's is laughable. Everybody knows Guards/Juggs can break 6k at 50 against Undergeared players even post 1.1 due to the 30% extra sweep damage, and the extra 6% Stance Damage, on top of the 6% extra strength. I never disputed that.

Haha, you still mad huh. You even said yourself you hit 5.2k on your AE damage attack. Maybe if you were good you could get up to 7k. If you noticed in my first post I said "5-7k" which still stands. I guess you wont be happy until every class blows and you can own them all.

Edited by Zilrota
edited quote

Haha, you still mad huh. You even said yourself you hit 5.2k on your AE damage attack. Maybe if you were good you could get up to 7k. If you noticed in my first post I said "5-7k" which still stands. I guess you wont be happy until every class blows and you can own them all.

7k has never happened from a Sentinel post 1.1

If it has, prove it. I'll be waiting a while, baddie.

"Maybe if I were good" this game is the easiest MMO I have ever played in the PvP department. I'm one of the best Sentinels on my server, I don't really have anything to prove to you.

Edited by TheRealBrave

For the sake of the argument:

Assuming level 50 with full champ gear you will have roughly 35% crit chance as a Scoundrel.

So:

35% Base

+5% Crit chance Buff

+16% Crit chance to Shoot First and Back Black

So we're looking at a 56% crit chance on Shoot First and Back Blast, and that's assuming no other stims etc.

Edited by Zilrota
removed insult and quote

7k has never happened from a Sentinel post 1.1

If it has, prove it. I'll be waiting a while, baddie.

"Maybe if I were good" this game is the easiest MMO I have ever played in the PvP department. I'm one of the best Sentinels on my server, I don't really have anything to prove to you.

You are probably one of the worst. Especially if you are only in champion gear. Also the best players at this game don't complain about any classes. Just saying.

Edited by Trivialed

Actually they didn't nerf crit rate, they nerfed the damage. You just keep going, every post you make is illogical and full of errors. Just stop while you are ahead.

It was obviously inferred that they nerfed your damage output, not the crit rate.

Edited by Meluna
insult

Lol. We can now lock them down for longer true, if they don't have a CC break to get out of our only cc that lasts more than a GCD and doesn't break on damage. So basically, our job in pvp is to dirty kick someone every 2 minutes and do comparable/less damage than every other damage class in the game.

Based on your other posts in here, you're an idiot. Are you from Jung Ma? I saw you mention it earlier.

You are probably one of the worst. Especially if you are only in champion gear. Also the best players at this game don't complain about any classes. Just saying.

You can believe what you want. If they ever have server transfers come to Jung Ma and we'll test this theory of yours. /whisper Ralaar. Battlemaster doesn't translate into skill in any fashion and the fact that you think it does explains a lot.

Edited by TheRealBrave

If you think Dirty Fighting is viable for scoundrel you are fighting bads or getting carried, it is complete crap and royally gimped compared to dirty fighting for slinger or any other dps class.

It's nice you find some consolation, but don't kid yourself. 10m range on all the important abilities, 30m for slinger, UH will require point blank melee range, that makes sense, survivability is nice, defensive screen cooldown is sexy, but compared to the hot you get speccing pugnacity up the scrapper line all that survivability is crap. For a range dot profession it doesn't have many dots or range.

Note that I was talking about PvE, not PvP. I would never use full Dirty Fighting in PvP, and I only hybrid it out with mostly sawbones when I'm queuing up warzones with my guild. Read from the beginning before you get all sanctimonious here please.

Lol. We can now lock them down for longer true, if they don't have a CC break to get out of our only cc that lasts more than a GCD and doesn't break on damage. So basically, our job in pvp is to dirty kick someone every 2 minutes and do comparable/less damage than every other damage class in the game.

Based on your other posts in here, you're an idiot. Are you from Jung Ma? I saw you mention it earlier.

Yes, I am from Jung Ma.

It was obviously inferred that they nerfed your damage output, not the crit rate.

Not once in this thread did I complain about the changes, merely gave data to the OP about the changes. Also cleared up some misinformation floating around this thread.

Edited by Meluna

Yawn, not working try again. Not once in this thread did I complain about the changes, merely gave data to the OP about the changes. Also cleared up some misinformation floating around this thread. Also just for you I will go ask on the pvp forums who the best Marauder/Sentinel is on Jung Ma. Lets see if your name pops up.

Shoot first damage is now like 10% more damage than back blast. So you wont hit for above 4k unless they have 0 expertise. The KD only fills 40% of the bar so you can stunlock for 5.5 seconds if they dont have CC breaker.

I even tried to get a 5k crit on a 0 expertise player by buff stacking and highest I got was 4.6k. Which was my norm on a champion geared player before patch with no buffs.

We are still viable but not that great. I have noticed that now people are just ignoring me and moving on. Especially healers, they just think of us as an annoying gnat.

Haha not true, on my assassin I can pop 2 crits in a row for 4-6k each time. Mercenaries can do the same thing with Tmissle spam, by the 3rd missile they are hitting 4-6k.Snipers can drop 2 4-6k crits back to back. Jugg/Marauder can do their aoes and hit for 5-7k on the regular. Every class but sorcerer can do this however they have all the utility you could ever want. So only scoundrels and sorcerers cannot get the 5k hit medal now.

Sure seems like you were QQing about the changes to me.

You were crying, admit it. You referred to your class as a gnat after the changes.

I'm just waiting for you to pull all of the stops and start going, "UMAD BRO?" Give it a rest already. None of this is going to matter in 6 months when they've nerfed every other class into oblivion too.

I'm just waiting for you to pull all of the stops and start going, "UMAD BRO?" Give it a rest already. None of this is going to matter in 6 months when they've nerfed every other class into oblivion too.

hemad

But no seriously the guy referred to his own class as an annoying gnat and is trying to say he wasn't crying about the changes? Puhlease.

Edited by TheRealBrave