The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

** Unofficial 3rd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

75% of all statistics are made up. 56% of all people know that! :rolleyes:

Yes the statistic is made up but it seems like a reasonable number, even if one week of sales made up 10% of the preorders I would still say that they should let them in today.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No I'm not acting like that. No it is not the norm for mmo's to have early access plenty have come out with no early access. And yes it is a privelige advertised or not because the simple fact is they could have not done it. You are not entitled to early access to any game if you think you are your delusional.

Yes once they said they would do it they commited themself but the point is they chose to do it because the WANTED TO not because you are entitled to it. If you can't see that well that's your problem.

The ones that came out without early access didnt advertise that they would, point is they made a lot of pre order sales specifically because it was advertised. Also they chose to do it for the same reason most companies choose to, so they dont have a million problems on the day the game actually releases. It wasnt them sayin aw let me be nice and let them play the game early for free, they advertised the EGA to bump up their preorders, so please tdont tell me i should be grateful for this "privilege".

What the.....?!?

I wait for 2 days for my invite, I leave house for 1 hour and I get invite 10 minutes later?!

REALLY BIOWARE!?!?!?

Thank You, I Love You :p:D:i_angel:

December 6th, I'm in.

p.s.

Funny thing is that, when I switched radio on while driving a car, there was Imperial March playing, about the same time I got my acces mail :wea_03:

Does anyone have a macro that I can just push a button and it posts a rant of some sort about BW and their service, and their moms, and their dogs too? I don't want to put in the effort to type in that stuff manually. I mean come on, I pre-ordered this late, obviously I can't afford to waste my time.

Does anyone have a macro that I can just push a button and it posts a rant of some sort about BW and their service, and their moms, and their dogs too? I don't want to put in the effort to type in that stuff manually. I mean come on, I pre-ordered this late, obviously I can't afford to waste my time.

Yes. Alt+F4 works wonders.

In your post you said that people are not entitled to early access and then said that BW committed themselves to early access. Once BW commits themselves and sells preorders based on that the people who bought that preorder are entitled to early access which you don't seem to understand.

I do understand that I never said otherwise your just assuming and missing my point.

I'll explain it again more clearly. They chose to create early access in the first place people are not entitled to early access being set up for them. Is it clear this time?

Guys.

I started this thread, because of the positive thread we had yesterday. Let not your frustrations get the better of you.

I understand and agree that cutting us off (me included) seems odd, and is hard to understand. BUT!

We WILL play tomorrow. UNDER 24 hours. take some time off, do whatever you like to do when you aren't playing MMO's. Believe me, this game is extremely anticipated by me, but let us rejoice in the fact that we are playing tomorrow.

Have a nice Christmas. Thanks for your participation in this thread.

- Qwertly.

THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE END OF THIS THREAD. I will look at the next few pages of respons and then head to bed :) Thanks again

It is frowned upon that I am on this thread while at work but...if I did what I usually do when not playing MMO's, HR would surely be upset.

You see the difference is that before we realized that yeah we preordered late so we should get in last, but at this point with such a large % of people in it just feels like we are being punished rather than waiting our fair turn. Im pretty confident that letting everyone else in right now would not upset server population more than it already is or cause servers to overload and crash.

Good job repeating the stupid reasons BW gave for this ridiculous idea of staggering the launch. I hope the servers crash on the 20th so the people like you will realize this staggering does nothing to help them prepare the servers for launch.

No the stagger doesn't prepare them for launch. not sure why they came up with the idea and said it would. If they are trying to "prevent" a crash then what they need is a stress test not a stagger. You can look at it this way right now there is a river, and in this river is a dam. Now, if you wanted to maintain the water level below the damn and make sure that there is no flooding trickle the water out of the damn, atleast the homes below will be safe that way, but we all know that come the 20th that dam will burst, which means all the water behind will flood the land below. Now, for this "early access" period they were playing it safe and preventing the flooding of the homes below, but fact is there is no clue how much damage will be caused by the damn breaking on the 20th when the game goes live.

So allow me to say this, everyone with early access, should actually count themselves lucky. Think about it, you will have several days of stable service. After the 20th be prepared for several days of horrible service, possible crashes, horrendous lag, server downtime,ect., because after that time there is no more "staggering" they cant play it "safe," and since they didnt take this time to find out what their servers can handle they well find out when it matters most launch day.

I do understand that I never said otherwise your just assuming and missing my point.

I'll explain it again more clearly. They chose to create early access in the first place people are not entitled to early access being set up for them. Is it clear this time?

Only the ones who were entitled got in already. The rest are not entitled. Entitlement is getting something for nothing.

Dont mess with the %5 ers , we have waited, we have Procrastonated, we have Waited, (I think I said that) and *****ed, been excluded for yet another day, to become a member ot the 5% register your own guilds under the name of( "Dec.5%") the truly forgotten, what ever server I get on that will be the guild name I will start or support !!! see you all inside, Peace

wow do you really make me sad with your ....... you have no idea do you just how you sound to the majority, plz leave this thread thanks.

How do I sound? Reasonable? I'm waiting too you know, but I'm not going to go around whining about it. I fully expected to only get a day, maybe two before launch to play with how late I preordered the game. Instead, I'm going to get four.

Maybe I sound reasonable because I'm right. People think they're entitled to as many days as everybody else because they paid for a game. I hate to break it to you, but you only signed up for "Up to 5 days" of extra game play before launch. It looks like everybody is going to get that, but some people are just going to have to wait.

I don't see how everybody thinks its somehow unfair that they're not playing this game right now. They let everybody in according to how they queued up on preorders. You've had MONTHS to decide if you want to play this game and decided to wait until the last minute (as did I, I would like to stress that).

If you wanted as much time as you could get before launch, you should have preordered early. So stop complaining and just come back tomorrow.

Edited by MilesMcLeod

No that really isn't very clear. Im not trying to antagonize you are anything but you need to elaborate.

How do I sound? Reasonable? I'm waiting too you know, but I'm not going to go around whining about it. I fully expected to only get a day, maybe two before launch to play with how late I preordered the game. Instead, I'm going to get four.

Maybe I sound reasonable because I'm right. People think they're entitled to as many days as everybody else because they paid for a game. I hate to break it to you, but you only signed up for "Up to 5 days" of extra game play before launch. It looks like everybody is going to get that, but some people are just going to have to wait.

I don't see how everybody thinks its somehow unfair that they're not playing this game right now. They let everybody in according to how they queued up on preorders. You've had MONTHS to decide if you want to play this game and decided to wait until the last minute (as did I, I would like to stress that).

If you wanted as much time as you could get before launch, you should have preordered early. So stop complaining and just come back tomorrow.

No, many of us don't care that other people get to play before us we just don't get why such a relatively small % of us are being left out when its obvious that our numbers wont affect server balance in any signifigant way.

Edited by Kormarf

I'm not unhappy about the way BW decided to use waves as they have done. I am not unhappy that I didn't get in today. What I am unhappy about is the apparent lack of communication skills or desire to engage with the community that BW have displayed. A simple line on twitter to say 'look guys, we will not be able to get everyone in today' would have worked a treat. It's such a little thing, a few words and maybe 30 seconds of someones time, but it would have meant those with later redeem dates were not hanging on the forums with false hope. Please get better at this BW; I know that this is your first MMO but a good relationship with your players is priceless in this genre. Good luck for tomorrow and hopefully you can get the rest of us in with a couple of waves. Peace :jawa_biggrin:

The ones that came out without early access didnt advertise that they would, point is they made a lot of pre order sales specifically because it was advertised. Also they chose to do it for the same reason most companies choose to, so they dont have a million problems on the day the game actually releases. It wasnt them sayin aw let me be nice and let them play the game early for free, they advertised the EGA to bump up their preorders, so please tdont tell me i should be grateful for this "privilege".

I know WHY they did it I'm under no delusions of the fact and I didn't tell you to be greatful so love to know where you got that from but you seem to be acting like your entitled to something they chose to give. What I am telling you is it's pointless complaining about something they clearly stated as if they never stated it simple fact is the order you get in is down to when you registered your pre order. They are letting people in in waves to see how the hardware responds and adjust things accordingly. That has always been the case and yet people are still arguing like they have been robbed somehow it just boggles the mind.

No, many of us don't care that other people get to play before us we just don't get why such a relatively small % of us are being left out when its obvious that our numbers wont affect server balance in any signifigant way.

SR wanted one more night of tears to feast on, if they let us in their would be no fun posts left for him to read :p

I'm reading the terms and conditions for preordering and....nope, doesn't say anything about letting a small percentage of people in just because they think they should be allowed. Sorry, please try again.