The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

** Unofficial 3rd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope everyone realizes that TODAY is the FIRST day of the original 5 days advertised for early access. You people are complaining you didn't get in on the FIRST day from what you originally signed up for but your LAST in line. The ONLY reason you are getting in tomorrow (the FOURTH day) is because BW decided to give us TWO EXTRA days of early access....so please shut up and wait.

ordered dec 13th

How about you are still getting 4 days of access instead of the 1 day most people who preordered in December thought they were going to get? Still seems like a win to me.

It was a joke. The part about waiting in a queue to play was a bit of a giveaway, though in your heightened emotional state you may miss the humour.

Smile.

9th dec.

Oh well, I'm a little disappointed they did not just let the rest of us in, it seems a little cruel given the expectations.

I was glued to the pc for the last 4 hours in hope, but tomorrow I'll be playing, or waiting in a queue to play...hmm someone find the silver lining!

I couldn't agree more with you.... it's a joke they couldn't let the last few folks in. How many pre-orders could they have in the past week. Really lame if you ask me.

What was intended as a tool to get people to order earlier in the future will only be negated or more by the fact you've rubbed a portion of your customers the wrong way and they'll be less likely to buy from you in the future.

In the end, it doesn't matter what the reasoning is, the customer is always right, and you've left some of us out in the cold.

It's obvious that you didn't have enough servers ready to go by the fact that you keep adding them every day as the waves come in. You could have had more than enough servers; you've had years to get ready for this. You had plenty of beta data and plenty of numbers on sales.

If you can't handle everyone that has preordered, how do you handle everyone that purchases after the 20th?

You chose to be economical, which is greedy at best, but it shows that your priority number one is to make money. Don't get me wrong, but some businesses out there do not operate that way and they get by just fine. They take morals and quality more seriously than you do.

umm you realize that biowares parent company is EA. We already KNOW that the only thing they think about is money. Honestly i think that EA takes the award for greediest company in history outside of insurance companies and banks

Actually yes they are entitled to do it, if you make an advertisement and sell something you are obligated by law to follow through as advertised or you will be sued for false advertisment/fraud. In other words they couldn't have just said oh we are not going to do early access anymore without getting their asses sued.

Did you even read all of my post? Did I not state once they said it they commited themselves? yes I did that wasn't the point.

I hope everyone realizes that TODAY is the FIRST day of the original 5 days advertised for early access. You people are complaining you didn't get in on the FIRST day from what you originally signed up for but your LAST in line. The ONLY reason you are getting in tomorrow (the FOURTH day) is because BW decided to give us TWO EXTRA days of early access....so please shut up and wait.

ordered dec 13th

Fanboy much? They left off 8 freaking days. That shouldnt happen. We have a right to be mad

Good job repeating the stupid reasons BW gave for this ridiculous idea of staggering the launch. I hope the servers crash on the 20th so idiots like you will realize this staggering does nothing to help them prepare the servers for launch.

You mad bro? you mad? Your attitude just goes to show how deserving you are of being made to wait longer.

Fanboy much? They left off 8 freaking days. That shouldnt happen. We have a right to be mad

Not sure what 8 days your referring to. As far as I know when they said hey you can preorder the game and play up to 5 days early (dec 15th) and then people did. Then when it came time to start letting those people in they said hey guys, were gonna give you two extra days yayyyyyy and they did. So here we are, the first scheduled day for early access and people are mad for some reason.

You guys can be mad if you want I'm just pointing out how dumb it is.

Guys.

I started this thread, because of the positive thread we had yesterday. Let not your frustrations get the better of you.

you're getting all this, because moderator keeps locking every other thread about waves, and directs them to this (your) topic.

For those of you spouting the "well they said you could play UP TO 5 days early, stop whining" They also didn't say that people could play up to 7 days early either. Anyone here who was invited the first few days, would be feeling the same way if other players were allowed into game prior to you.

It's not even about how many days I get, I wouldn't care if it was only 2 days EA, but the fact of the matter is that 95-97% of the community is in game currently -

75% of all statistics are made up. 56% of all people know that! :rolleyes:

Did you even read all of my post? Did I not state once they said it they commited themselves? yes I did that wasn't the point.

In your post you said that people are not entitled to early access and then said that BW committed themselves to early access. Once BW commits themselves and sells preorders based on that the people who bought that preorder are entitled to early access which you don't seem to understand.

you're getting all this, because moderator keeps locking every other thread about waves, and directs them to this (your) topic.

I see. That's why the tone have changed :)

I did not even realise moderators were referring to my thread, thanks for the info :)

Ok, well it seems some people are happy and other aren't lol, I missed out today by one day entered my code on the 8th. My own fault for not doing it sooner but really?

I was in on the first days of WoW and SWG. I remember how bad things all went for launch day. This is all pre-launch and because of how BW has done this I hope other companies take example of it. I'll gladly make sure to order very early for a game that I truly want to play in the future now. I was hoping that just maybe the rest of December would make it today but it didn't happen.

I understand those that were off today or took off changed plans and what not aren't happy that 7-8 days worth of orders got left out but lets look at facts. BW stated 5 days early....correct? They decided to start a few days early....correct? So now those of us the pre-ordered with the idea of 5 days will get four not bad in my book. I would be willing to believe there are many people that will try and buy over the first week of launch. We get ahead of all that. We get to still get in early. Be happy that all in all it seems its going to go down as planned, I personally was hopeful for one day early so the possibility of the entire weeks is awesome in my book.