Armstech blows so how about....

Canthh

Face it - in every MMO the same thing happens to my fellow Weaponsmiths - raid/instance drops eventually make us worthless - while we are great to have around to gear up folks along the way eventually we are pointless. Sadly in this game we dont even get the ability to make the best crafted weapons that goes to the mod folks ...sigh. So it's easy to complain but going to toss out a suggestion and hope other folks will help Bioware find a use for us. How about batteries! Some quick power/force recharge item without the CD of our other abilities. 5 different levels in the same sense of the Medpak upgrades..but please for the love of God dont make us RE these recipes...that would be cruel.

No what they really need to do is expand the crystal selection and give half of it to Armstech, as well as make some new items that are crafted from schematics dropped in Ops. Armstech should also have the Aim and Cunning Enhancements.

I whole-heartily agree Armstech is the profession that got the shaft the most, and is in the most need of help.

Artifice gets crystal, hilts, offhands, and enhancements. Armstech gets barrels. Yeah that seems fair.

Edited by Rodobson

I agree

I leveled armstech thinking i would be able to make some awsome stuff at 400 + have the best mods until Ops drops. Then i seen that the daily ones which only cost 8 tokens i believe a single point better than the purples i can make.

I have seen so many synthweaving/Biochem/Armor tech schematics drop in ops its almost sickening.

I thought about dropping all my stuff for Biochem stuff but i know the moment i do that, BW will release a ton of armstech stuff to get. So heres hoping to the much needed love us armstechers need

The only reason armsteck is any good is the exceptional modable weapons :/ you are right with your argument though. The only crew skill worth having right now is biochem i suppose, unlike all the other credit-dumping crew skills biochem actually saves money. I hope soon they increase the materials you get from RE so REing isnt such a pain, increase crit for RE, or add in some "convenient" stat bonus to the other crafting skills.

For example maybe armstechers could spend an 1-3 alloys to make a modable weapon exceptionable; same goes for the other crafters such as armortech and synthweaving. Yes epics should be hard to get but right now the grind for decent crafting gear at 50 makes it just not worth it.

I think it'd be cool and make the crew skill more useful if there was a temporary buff we could apply to our weapons, whether it be a pistol, rifle, saber or whatever, that would increase a stat/secondary stat for a long duration and maybe add a visual effect to attacks. It'd be used in the same way medpacks/stims are, but more along the lines of a weapon only enchant/buff specifically for armstechs. I really see no other way (beyond adding more recipes that compare to the PvP/PvE higher tier ones) for this profession to hold any weight versus the others. Some kind of passive or direct buff gets my vote... Please do something BioWare...

If anything they should allow Armstech something unique to use on their weapons that is tier geared. For example, Armormechs can craft Rakata bracers and waists. Could Armstech maybe get some Rakata tier barrel schematics at least? I wouldn't mind the idea of "batteries" for weapons, but they should be like stims and adrenals where the blue tier ones are usable by those with the designated skill level.

I honestly think armstech wasn't completed at go live.

I've seen zero patterns on the GT over lvl 39. I've seen on TORhead there are supposed to be patterns for the same barrels as daily badges get you, except they require a rare drop from hardmodes (the pattern) + self perpetuating energy cells and bio crystalline alloys... Vs 8 badges... Srsly... \= |

All the moddable guns are reasonably good for a new 50 but lacking higher level barrels means the best you can do is match Tionese (124 iirc), unless of course you get an exceptional proc for the aug slot.

There seems to be no blue (and therefore no purple) proc for vibroknives, no point in DE'ing 100's of blues to get purple upgrades to the 48/49 gun patterns when an orange gun + a badge barrel is immediately superior, no Rakata patterns (bop or boe), no specific BOP craftable similar to Bio's stims or the armstech/synthweaving stuff that drops off HMs/Ops.

In short, most of the high level stuff you'd expect to be there just seems to be completely missing.