SWTOR has "Failed" ~ Just looking for evidence.

Umbrex

LOL, 13.7 Million? I'll put the ranch they don't ever cap 4 million, and if they go above 3 million I'll be very shocked. This game is set to fail, it's only a matter of time.

Game would still be a success with only 500k, what are you even talking about?

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, 13.7 Million? I'll put the ranch they don't ever cap 4 million, and if they go above 3 million I'll be very shocked. This game is set to fail, it's only a matter of time.

They did something right, even people like you sit around and post day after day about the game.

Shameful seeing idiots who hate the game write about it on their forums. why ? cuz people that actually enjoy the game read this **** and get doubtful. Its a good game, imo a better game then wow, atleast when it comes to the RP. Pve is also very impressive even tough its aprox 8 years younger then WoW (and no one has ever thought that wow would fail right?)

The game isnt failing, its getting more sub for each month, so stop hating and just realise the game you hate is a game alot of other people love.

Actually I'm fairly certain that they adjusted the population caps, or parameters, and it's been proven that the population estimates on the server list are massively inaccurate.

this is true. my server shows standard, but there can't be more than 500 people online. i feel sorry for servers with light loads.

Edited by zeroburrito

It's subjective.

In a few months, servers will probably be merged and cross-server queues will be implemented at least for PvP. Every time I log on, there's less people, people quitting, getting to the endgame, finishing their questing, and realizing what's left is a very featureless, baren "MMO".

But it will never be a failure, and certainly won't be called such by the companies involved in making it.

But it's a Star Wars MMO. The fact that this game doesn't wipe the floor with the entire market is enough to call it a failure, IMO. Lots of wasted potential and resources, this game.

People keep making assertions because, just like stocks, no one wants to bet on a loser or invest time and money in a sinking ship. I think all of us here are biased in some way. I know I am biased. I want this game to fail for one simple reason: I don't believe in the P2P model. It's outdated and is being replaced all too often by the more popular F2P model.

I don't like being forced to pay per month for a game, I prefer the idea of "donations" instead. If I really love a game I will support the developers by microtransactions.

I don't want this game to fail just because I hate it. I like it but not enough to warrant a subscription.

Most of the F2P models i've seen come out to be quite a lot more expensive than the 15 a month subscription variety should you choose to try to access all the content available, and usually are of poorer quality. It operates under the same psychology as stores selling things for 4.99 rather than 5 dollars.

Edit: more to the point i'm pretty sure i read an article somewhere that had bioware saying they only really needed about 1 million steady subscribers to meet profit goals, i suspect they'll maintain that long after the people who are dissatisfied leave.

Edited by Raazmir

It's subjective.

In a few months, servers will probably be merged and cross-server queues will be implemented at least for PvP. Every time I log on, there's less people, people quitting, getting to the endgame, finishing their questing, and realizing what's left is a very featureless, baren "MMO".

But it will never be a failure, and certainly won't be called such by the companies involved in making it.

But it's a Star Wars MMO. The fact that this game doesn't wipe the floor with the entire market is enough to call it a failure, IMO. Lots of wasted potential and resources, this game.

I don't agree at all. I see the exact opposite I see no wasted potential at all.

this is true. my server shows standard, but there can't be more than 500 people online. i feel sorry for servers with light loads.

Well with a max cap of 8000 (based on 1.7 million subs) you could end up with around 800 per faction with maybe 20% players on at anyone time.

Just what my gut says after having played MMO for years.

Even on my heavy pop server many of the zones past dromand kaas and coruscant are disturbingly empty. Typically 25-40 people on each world.

The lack of chatter at fleet.

And this is after 2 months after release.

Just what my gut says after having played MMO for years.

Even on my heavy pop server many of the zones past dromand kaas and coruscant are disturbingly empty. Typically 25-40 people on each world.

The lack of chatter at fleet.

And this is after 2 months after release.

This is still very early after release and a lot have reached cap so aren't on some worlds much. It will eventually get better.

Shameful seeing idiots who hate the game write about it on their forums. why ? cuz people that actually enjoy the game read this **** and get doubtful. Its a good game, imo a better game then wow, atleast when it comes to the RP. Pve is also very impressive even tough its aprox 8 years younger then WoW (and no one has ever thought that wow would fail right?)

The game isnt failing, its getting more sub for each month, so stop hating and just realise the game you hate is a game alot of other people love.

Most of the haters keep screaming fail despite logic or facts like that ridiculous Blogger over at mmorpg.com she keeps updating her Tortanic blog that people are leaving in droves...and her "proof" is xfire :rolleyes:

it's one of those situations where if we keep yelling it loud and often enough it will be true.

Pathetic really.

wrong,

the top population is dropping fast,

yes, it isnt failing for 1.7m active sub,

but once they get lv50, they might un-sub soon after they get boring.

This is still very early after release and a lot have reached cap so aren't on some worlds much. It will eventually get better.

no, it is getting worse,

my server just has 2x ppl on the entire fleet,

pvp queue for more than 4x mins,

that is horrible!!

Edited by oakamp

no, it is getting worse,

my server just has 2x ppl on the entire fleet,

pvp queue for more than 4x mins,

that is horrible!!

Not everyone is on when you are not Biowares fault and if your server is that low that is not the norm most servers are way better than that.

Most of the haters keep screaming fail despite logic or facts like that ridiculous Blogger over at mmorpg.com she keeps updating her Tortanic blog that people are leaving in droves...and her "proof" is xfire :rolleyes:

it's one of those situations where if we keep yelling it loud and often enough it will be true.

Pathetic really.

Actually I find it funny as hell. The bullets are fake so no one gets hurt. Just waiting for them to hyperventilate and pass out so the forums can go back to being a community. Edited by GalacticKegger

Not everyone is on when you are not Biowares fault and if your server is that low that is not the norm most servers are way better than that.

that is exactly BW/EA's fault,

cause they don't provide a cross-server LFD/ LFG tool

nor a free server transfer system.

what make this situation? cause the endgame is bad so lv50 population drops too fast.

With every game, product or situation, there will always be people who do not like it. Some of these people are very disappointed and frustrated that the reality did not reach their expectations. A small number of these people have the urge to break the good mood of every other person around them. It is these people you see making threads how SWToR is failing nowadays.

Is the population of SWToR declining? Absolutely yes, it was bound and expected to happen. Every MMO product in gaming industry must go through this procedure. After a few months the population will either stabilize and begin to rise again or it will continue to decline. Only then you can objectively say that the game failed or not.

The people who are making any judgements now are just doomsayers. Do not mind them, every person reacts differently to disappointment.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/rde0050l.jpg

The important thing is whether YOU like the game or not...

Edited by Jedlosson

that is exactly BW/EA's fault,

cause they don't provide a cross-server LFD/ LFG tool

nor a free server transfer system.

what make this situation? cause the endgame is bad so lv50 population drops too fast.

So Bioware is at fault for when people log on? LOL that's funny. Also I don't know why you guys don't get this so I will say this once again. ENDGAME CONTENT IN NEW MMO'S IS ALWAYS LACKING!!!!!!!! You have to WAIT FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

I don't have any overall "numbers", but in my experience, the guild that I started playing this game with last month are no longer logging in because they are bored with it.

We haven't even made it to end-game, our highest character in the guild is level 40.

I don't know, I want to enjoy this game, I really do.