SWTOR has "Failed" ~ Just looking for evidence.

Umbrex

Go find that 200+ page thread about horrid FPS in Warzones and how many people cant even zone in because of it. Yes your lucky that your hardware hasnt run into any problems, sadly to inform you that is not the case for a good chunk of people. There are alot of problems with this game just because you happen to not experience them doesnt mean they dont exist and that they arnt a serious problem. Btw I fixed your quote.

This guy really amuses me

You are a valiant defender of the vocal minority.

I guess I can assume you have all the end game gear.

Oh wait...you said you had no motivation to get any more. So...based on that, I can assume you are just bored of the content. Too easy huh? Well...all content is "too easy" with a good group.

Bioware can't do anything for people who rush their way to 50 and then rush their way through the content.

I'm not even 50 yet. This game moves at the perfect pace for the rest of us.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a big indicator for me.

In other Forums for other game launches I have been a part of over the last 15 years, I have never seen this much hate, or "I Quit" talk right out of the gate.

To me that is bad any way you slice it. I don't need to see numbers to know the overall vibe in SWTOR is bad.

In other Forums for other game launches I have been a part of over the last 15 years, I have never seen this much hate, or "I Quit" talk right out of the gate.

To me that is bad any way you slice it. I don't need to see numbers to know the overall vibe in SWTOR is bad.

Actually,

A big, active forum, including "i quit" troll posts only means the game does have a large base to it. Look at these forums. While they may be filled with rage and trolls, these people by and large are still playing.

You are a valiant defender of the vocal minority.

I guess I can assume you have all the end game gear.

Oh wait...you said you had no motivation to get any more. So...based on that, I can assume you are just bored of the content. Too easy huh? Well...all content is "too easy" with a good group.

Bioware can't do anything for people who rush their way to 50 and then rush their way through the content.

I'm not even 50 yet. This game moves at the perfect pace for the rest of us.

I never complained about 1-50, 1-50 is GREAT. Its that whole concept of "getting to end game and it feels so barren to my leveling experience" thing thats a problem. Also whats wrong with defending the so called "vocal minority of 50's who think endgame is boring" so because they are a minority they should be ignored? Man so I guess if your logic applies to the real world then all these people without a job or home (a minority in comparison to the rest of "us") are SOL?

Edited by Alumera

That's just what the trolls want to achieve with their quit posts. I don't think that even a third of those are really from people who have just quit.

Edited by Rouge

Population shrinking since launch is a good indicator.

LOL were you there for WoW release? Man you guy's are so Chicken Little. My entire EQ guild of 143 people unsubscribed after the first month of WoW because it was so horrible, we didn't come back for nearly 4 months. I remember reading they lost almost half of the pre release due to huge bugs, loot lag and servers being down for multiple days (yes days).

Man you guys are a laugh......

LOL were you there for WoW release? Man you guy's are so Chicken Little. My entire EQ guild of 143 people unsubscribed after the first month of WoW because it was so horrible, we didn't come back for nearly 4 months. I remember reading they lost almost half of the pre release due to huge bugs, loot lag and servers being down for multiple days (yes days).

Man you guys are a laugh......

I was. Day 1 WOW had approx 250,000 subs, by March, approx 120 days later they had 1,500,000. If you were insinuating that WOW lost subs after launch you would be incorrect.

I never complained about 1-50, 1-50 is GREAT. Its that whole concept of "getting to end game and it feels so barren to my leveling experience" thing thats a problem. Also whats wrong with defending the so called "vocal minority of 50's who think endgame is boring" so because they are a minority they should be ignored? Man so I guess if your logic applies to the real world then all these people without a job or home (a minority in comparison to the rest of "us") are SOL?

Chill. I was just saying you were posting a lot. You can speak your mind just like everyone else. It was my exact point about the vocal minority.

Please expand on what more you want to see at end game. I would love to hear your ideas beyond what is already in the game.

The way I see it, this game has more end game content than equivalent titles did at launch. That is a fact, its been posted here numerous times.

Edited by Arkerus

That's just what the trolls want to achieve with their quit posts. I don't think that even a third of those are really from people who have just quit.

You missed my point though - those posts didn't even show up as dominant in other game launches.

The fact that there is an overwhelming amount of posts with I quit, or hatred speaks volumes about the overall status of the game.

If people were happy in general you would see more decent posts and less trash. I would say MOST of this general chat is filled with negative posts. This has not been the case for me in the other MMO launches I have been in.

If you want to play the numbers.

You could say that the forums represent a percentage of the in game population.

Lets say 5% of the games population posts on these forums.

75% of them are hate posts, 25% good posts... I would say that 75% of the in game people not posting are unhappy, and 25% of the in game people not posting are happy.

Agree?

You missed my point though - those posts didn't even show up as dominant in other game launches.

The fact that there is an overwhelming amount of posts with I quit, or hatred speaks volumes about the overall status of the game.

If people were happy in general you would see more decent posts and less trash. I would say MOST of this general chat is filled with negative posts. This has not been the case for me in the other MMO launches I have been in.

75% of them are hate posts, 25% good posts... I would say that 75% of the in game people not posting are unhappy, and 25% of the in game people not posting are happy.

Agree?

I don't agree. I don't think the soured atmosphere and the endless quit posts have anything to do with numbers, just trolls doing their thing en masse. I wouldn't be surprised if there would be some co-ordination of this; I've witnessed succesful campaigns of like this on other types of forums, just not on game forums before.

Mods should close down all but constructive threads of this nature as quickly as they are posted.

Edited by Rouge

WoW had them - still does, *loads* of them. Numbers wise it seems to have prospered - albeit with a younger player base.

Agree?

Let's say 0.1% of the of the game's population posts on these forums.

50% are hate posts, 25% good posts, 25% non game breaking problems... I would say 5% of the in game people not posting are unhappy, and 95% of the in game people not posting are happy.

If you can pluck numbers out of the air - so can I!

"88.2% of statistics are made up" - Vic Reeves

Server population maximum loads have increased drastically since launch... this has been said time after time after time...

Quite true - they had artificially low population caps at launch, so that people would spread themseves out across the servers. A little while later they massively increased the caps.

Of course the servers went from showing "full" to "standard" - which some trolls used as their argument that the player base had shrunk.

There's even a site showing a graph based on that premise (although, buried at the bottom of the page in tiny tiny script is the comment that it is based purely on server load, not actual figures, and they didn't know whether the server caps had changed).

Seen quite a few people say how "SWTOR is failing" or something along those lines.

Just wondering where they are getting the "evidence" behind these claims.

I don't understand how anyone can take those people seriously when Bioware doesn't release subscriptions numbers...and almost all of the player-tracking tools are very far from accurate.

I'm just baffled that this many people can confidently write a post saying "Well its obvious SWTOR is a failure"

*Shakes head*

Did I miss some news article that release subscription numbers of people on their second month compared to the number of people that purchased the game?

I agree so many doom sayers. Was just like this when Age of Conan was released and today it is one of the most played mmos. :rolleyes:

Chill. I was just saying you were posting a lot. You can speak your mind just like everyone else. It was my exact point about the vocal minority.

Please expand on what more you want to see at end game. I would love to hear your ideas beyond what is already in the game.

The way I see it, this game has more end game content than equivalent titles did at launch. That is a fact, its been posted here numerous times.

Honestly I dont know what they could do to make Endgame more appealing... I think maybe the PvP gear wins all situation has a good portion to do with this? I think the reason alot of people claim endgame is boring is because they see it that way, that PvP gear is so easy to get and just as good "if not better" than PvE gear there is no REAL reason to work through PvE content. I think PvE content should be a bit more rewarding in terms of loot and vanity items like mounts, better looking armor models, pets, titles, achievements, and other things like vanity upgrades for ships or something idk. So back to my point... MMO's being such a gear grind they are I think its impractical to be able to gear up completely from a single source of content "PvP" and have PvE just be so boring in comparison.

Another problem might be that some people arnt in a hardcore guild like mine and they find it difficult to group up for PvE but find PvP too difficult to grind the gear for because of Expertise barring them from being competitive and enjoying it.

Edited by Alumera

WoW had them - still does, *loads* of them. Numbers wise it seems to have prospered - albeit with a younger player base.

1. I didn't say other games didn't have them. I am speaking about the comparison of how many I have seen personally at launch here on this fourm. I have played WoW since launch and I can tell you their general forums never got as toxic as swtor general, even at launch.

2. A younger player base? I'd love to see that census. Any large top guild I have been a member of is filled with 20's - 30's. I was 30 when WoW launched and I played exclusively with my peers. Most guilds we dealt with were also filled with the same people. In todays age - I think MMO's are dominated by older generations (read: 20+). I have an 18 and a 13 year old and neither of them care about MMO's and I have tried getting them hooked. They are all over Xbox games.

You would drop your jaw and some of the people you deal with in MMO's and assume they are 12... chances are it is a 30 year old man with a wife and kids.. I have done questionable things in our PvP server and people assume I'm a kid sometimes - in reality it is my friends and I in vent laughing it up having fun.

LOL I have been called a 12 year old or a "kid" on these forums based on my signature alone..

First off Pve gear is garbage compared to Pvp gear. Second hard modes are lol easy if you have a competent group. Finally.. there is NO endgame content because the content that is there is DERP easy. I understand this game is casual but once you hit that peak like a week after hitting 50 and youve managed to get half your Pvp or Pve gear you'll realize theres 0 motivation to continue gear capping yourself out. Im gonna get trolled for saying this but... WoW does one thing right and thats knowing how fast the community clears content and caps out on gear and they time it just right releasing new content at a steady pace for people to clear. This rewards people who cap out on gear and those who do not. Bioware needs to learn from them or else YES endgame is pretty dry and boring and forever will.

Lol, are you comparing Tionese to Battlemaster? cause as far as know, tionese is better than centurion (for pve), columi is better than champion (for pve) and rakata is better than battlemaster (for pve), you're probably comparing a tier 1 pve to a tier 3 pvp. Another thing, WoW at launch didn't even had raids they released Molten Core, Naxxramas and Ahn'Qiraj all around patch 1.11, so quit fooling around, this is a great launch compared to many MMO's.

SWTOR is not failing, it have more players in USA and Europe than WoW, the majority of WoW players are from Korea and China.

Failing is such a subjective term. It varies so wildly from person to person. I'm sure from EA's perspective as long as the game is making money then it is considered a success. I don't know about failing, but I know the game is in trouble when they stop producing meaningful content (i.e. no expansion for a really long time).

I agree so many doom sayers. Was just like this when Age of Conan was released and today it is one of the most played mmos. :rolleyes:

WHAT?!!?!

First of all AoC FAILED lol - they went free to play. That is failure. Age of Conan was a ghost town when I was paying monthly. Maybe now that it is free to play - some people came back, but "the most played"... come on now.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/5524

It's ranked LAST in this list.

I actually agree with this list by the way

GW2 will dominate the world.

then SWTOR and WOW (which I expect to fall off eventually - Old genre, Old mechanics people are done with this sort of progression based MMO style)

Im not even going to bother posting anymore too many fanboys accepting the standards of a decade ago for an MMO and saying "oh its ok it'll get better over time". If your going to rely on that argument all day no matter how many valid points I bring up that are a glaring problem for endgame then they could just turn this game back into 8bit and throw a new gear set with the same model as lvl10 gear every month and it would be ok with you. Edited by Alumera

*looks at server list*

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

standard

light

Yeah i don't see fail anywhere.

OK - I just looked (out of interest....)

16:30 on a work day - Tuesday 31st January 2012, we have the following:-

5 "light"

83 "standard"

3 "heavy"

So your post should actually read (compressed - don't want to get in trouble with the mods!)

Light
Light
Light
Light
Light
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Standard
Heavy
Heavy
Heavy

Bit of a difference from the troll post, yes?

Ignored

Actually, I've just thought of something.....

Why are these trolls saying "this game has failed"? (actually, they mostly same something like "this game is fail", but still).

Is it that, having failed to persuade those of us that enjoy the game that we don't enjoy it, and should leave, that they are now trying to persuade us that we will be associated with failure if we continue to play?

Frankly, so long as the game continues, I very happy thanks all the same.