Help identifying sci-fi movie/serie

FlameAble

Lately I've been remembering bits and pieces of a sci-fi movie/series I saw quite a few years back. But for the life of me I just cant seem to remember the name of it. So I was hoping maybe you guys could help me. Heres what little I remember:

Theres some kind of war going on, a few cloaked ships, but mostly land based infantry combat. The protagonist encounters an alien and with the help of a comic book, he warns him of an impending invasion by the human forces - not realising that the alien is one of the enemy. At some point he dives into a lake where there is some kind of hidden laboratory.

Yea, not much info I know. But I figured posting here was worth a shot. I've got a feeling it might be Babylon 5, but havent been able to find any similar episode.

Hope you guys can help :)

That's not Babylon 5 in any recognizable form I know of.

Babylon 5 did involve three major wars during its five-year arc, the Shadow War, the Earth Civil War, and the Minbari Civil War. It does also reference back to the Earth-Minbari war, which had taken place ten years previously. The Shadow vessels do "phase" in and out of hyperspace, which may give them the appearance of cloaking and decloaking. Most of the battles are space battles, however; there's very little "infantry" combat, and most of that is just small security teams on the station.

The humans don't really invade anyone, but Ambassador G'kar does help the human command crew of Babylon 5 learn a few things about the Shadows from his Book of G'Quan, his religious text.

Yeah, not Babylon 5. I've watched every episode and movie recently (within the past 3 months) and that situation is very foreign to me. Well, and the humans never invade any world. Ever. The humans got their butts handed to them in the Minbari war.

On that topic. I cried like a little ***** at the end of Babylon 5.

Edited by Umbrex

Oh, yeah. If you can sit through Sleeping in Light, after watching all five years of Bab 5, and not at least get a little choked up, you are a heartless bastard.

I was seriously having emotional problems. For like 24-48 hours I was freaking out. I rarely experience the emotion of "sadness" and so I think I went into a state of shock. LOL.

I have to give them credit for ending the series so well. never seen a series have that good of an ending.

Would've been terrible if they left it at a cliff-hanger.

Well to be honest, I watched loads of sci-fi series/movies but cant really pinpoint. Some stuff I remember from 1 serie but then you mention stuff that is not in the serie I know but in another sci-fi.

I know of only one which was something with a book (not a comic book) but dont remember any spaceships flying around.

The First Wave:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0160277/

Remember anything more ?

Space: Above & Beyond had a lot of ground battles. They also had cloaking ships and the humans invading a home world. The comic book/lab thing...I can't think of anything like that.

I watch every sci-fi series/movie I can get my hands on.

Space: Above & Beyond had a lot of ground battles. They also had cloaking ships and the humans invading a home world. The comic book/lab thing...I can't think of anything like that.

I watch every sci-fi series/movie I can get my hands on.

I think you're right about Space Above and Beyond.

Were these the characters?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SAAB.jpg

It was Space Above & Beyond. They had never seen the Chigs w/o their helmets on before and when first encountering the alien in the hatchery, they didn't know what it was, and thought it was a peaceful non-involved creature and didn't want it to get hurt. They warned it with the comic book that there was an invasion coming so that it wouldn't get hurt in the crossfire. Edited by Greidon