Smuggler pvp and crit

Addyhartman

Hello,

I have level d my smuggler to 50 like you do and i mention that CRIT is important for smuggler.(that are my tots)

POWER is also a good stat but is it better then crit?

I already have allot of epics and 3/5 of my set.

But yesterday i got my champion off hand and today my main hand.

There is only 1 off hand so not much to choose from.

But for my main i can choose between 2 pistols the medic one with crit or the smuggler one.

Witch one should i choose?

Fast feed back is aprieceaded

Edited by Addyhartman

As a gunslinger I want crit/surge up until it's near cap then accuracy until cap then power. This is mostly because crits can overcome shielding, which is vital to do actual damage to tanks if you don't go dirty fighting builds and it is vital to your ability to burst considering the critical damage boosts in the SS tree.

Sharpshooter with gear does sickening damage, sustainable thanks to fantastic energy management, and really for that to shine you need to overcome damage mitigation.

If you look at something like speed shot it will do ~3700 or so with decent gear but once you factor in a 40% crit rate and a 30% critical damage boost it's more like 6800 damage over the 3 second channel. If you flourish, sabo charge, pop your crit relic, charge burst, trickshot, illegal mods, speed shot, rapid shot, speed shotx2 then you're looking at 2200+ DPS for 12 seconds and can still follow up with aimed shot/trickshot right after. No single target should survive that without massive heals.

Edited by dcgregorya

so we all agree that surge is also inportant for us.

Some people say CRIT is better some POWER

Personaly that 35% crit is in of for gun slinger after that power all the way.

Does anyone have a pvp gunslinger with alot crit?

I am intrested in your story:)

so we all agree that surge is also inportant for us.

Some people say CRIT is better some POWER

Personaly that 35% crit is in of for gun slinger after that power all the way.

Does anyone have a pvp gunslinger with alot crit?

I am intrested in your story:)

The hard cap is at 40% so yeah, once you get to 35% + you're starting to look into power (since all the high end gear has uber accuracy anyway).

Is crit stated to be at a 40% cap?

Unbuffed soft cap for critical is 40%. As you add more points into crit, you will get less results. With your buff, it will push you to 45%.

Mathematically, once you reach your soft cap you should switch to focusing on surge until that hits its soft cap (80%).

Once those soft caps are satisfied you want to maximize power.

Accuracy is very very high priority but with any of the end game gear, assuming you don't go crazy re-socketing them, you will have plenty and plenty of accuracy.

as a scraper dps at lv48 i have 35% base crit and 90% surge. accuracy dosnt matter as a scrapper sence the tech attacks always hit (flurry of bolts and quick shot only none tech attacks, enless ya go dirty fighting). surge, crit, power, is all you need as a scrapper.